Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

At the moment I'd bet on that being exactly the case. But it does seems a bit too predictable.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

BUTTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 02-06-2014, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Don't whatever me, Marvel!!

I do wonder if they'll turn Janet into Scott's romantic interest rather than Hank's.
I can sum that idea up in one emoticon.

Sorry, but I'm totally against this movie because it makes a total mockery of Hank Pym's character. Turning Hank into a geriatric inventor and making Scott Lang the main protagonist is disrespectful to Hank Pym's legacy. It would be like making Tony Stark an aging inventor whose Iron Man armor is acquired by James Rhodes, and making the Iron Man films about War Machine and not Iron Man. I'd be okay with the omission of Hank creating Ultron, but eliminating Hank from the Avengers when he and Janet Van Dyne/Wasp are two of the founding members is going way too far. And eliminating Hank and Janet's romantic relationship - one of the longest running in Marvel comics - and possibly making her his daughter and Scott Lang's love interest is even worse. Besides, Hank Pym hasn't been Ant Man since the 1960's, and there's a reason why Marvel comics had Hank adopt three different identities afterwards. Yellowjacket and Goliath are Hank's current identities in the comics, and this movie eliminates the possibility of Yellowjacket/Goliath being in the Avengers. Scott Lang isn't the genius inventor Hank is, and he's not going to be able to come up with those identities on his own. There's just nothing about this that I like, and I don't see Marvel/Disney making such drastic alterations to any of the other heroes in their cinematic lineup, so I don't understand why it was necessary to do this to Hank Pym.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm actually surprised Marvel let Edgar Wright hold on to the property for so long. It's been in development for at least 6 years now. And as always, I'm very meh to what's happening right now. Nothing that's come out about the movie has interested me that much. I wish they would have used just Hank for the first movie at least. If they wanted to bring Scott in, they should have waited for the sequel. I guess they felt Ant-Man could be just a one-time thing and are trying to shove in as much as possible.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm actually surprised Marvel let Edgar Wright hold on to the property for so long. It's been in development for at least 6 years now. And as always, I'm very meh to what's happening right now. Nothing that's come out about the movie has interested me that much. I wish they would have used just Hank for the first movie at least. If they wanted to bring Scott in, they should have waited for the sequel. I guess they felt Ant-Man could be just a one-time thing and are trying to shove in as much as possible.
They didn't need Scott Lang at all, or Ant Man, in my opinion. Where's the logic in making a movie based on Ant Man, a character that proved so unpopular back in the 60's that they had Hank Pym become Giant Man/Goliath, and eventually Yellowjacket, which are the two main identities he uses to this day? Scott Lang isn't even an Avenger. After they killed him off and then brought him back, he became a member of Reed Richards' Future Foundation. But Yellowjacket and Goliath are unquestionably Hank Pym's two coolest and most powerful incarnations, and the ones most easily adapted into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Hell, they're gonna give Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver their due in the Avengers, so why not Hank and Janet? I don't want Janet in the Avengers without Hank there with her.

I certainly hope Ant Man is a one-time thing. I would hope it was a complete stand-alone film and that Hank and Janet could end up in the Avengers as Yellowjacket and Wasp in some way.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

More then ever I want Lilly to get the role !
Old 02-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
More then ever I want Lilly to get the role !
Only if they hire someone like Ryan Gosling as Hank Pym and put them together in the Avengers. I'm never gonna accept Gordon Gekko as Hank Pym, or a Hank Pym who gets a senior citizens' discount.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still not sure why they went with such an old Hank.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was on my cell phone before not a very good speller ..

Big fan of Evangeline Lilly. hope she lands the role .. Since Lost her roles ,well major ones have been scarce
Old 02-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Loyal Fan

I hope she lands it too, but I really wish it could be Hank and Jan

My Tumblah

~You're the best, and I love you.~
Old 02-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too, but I guess we're out of luck.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm still not sure why they went with such an old Hank.
Because Edgar Wright came up with his idea for an Ant Man movie being a heist film involving Scott Lang back in 2006, before Marvel Studios planned their Avengers Initiative and shared cinematic universe. Why Marvel is allowing him to do this is beyond me.

Quote:
Me too, but I guess we're out of luck.

I also want Hank and Janet in the Avengers as Yellowjacket and Wasp, but that doesn't mean we're out of luck. Sam Raimi gave Peter those organic web-shooters, but Marc Webb brought back the mechanical ones Peter created in the comics. And I don't have to tell you how infuriated I was by Brett Ratner killing off Cyclops in X-Men 3, or how Scott Summers was treated I the first two films. But it appears that Bryan Singer is going to correct those mistakes and bring Cyclops back after the Days Of Future Past film comes out and the Apocalypse film goes into production. So don't write off Hank and Janet just yet. It may take a while, but I'm hoping they'll be together on screen someday.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 02-07-2014 at 04:42 PM
Old 02-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Are you excited for the movie, Tara?
I am. I get excited about all the films that comes out and is distributed by Marvel Studios. lol There are some I care more than others, but overall I enjoy their films. I can't wait to see what they announce next.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm hoping for a Doctor Strange announcement.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's one that keeps being brought along with Black Panther whenever I read about speculation of future projects.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top