Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ant-Man (2015) [Spoilers & Speculation] #1: "Ant-Man will kick your ass, one inch at a time." - Edgard Wright

Welcome to the 1st
Ant-Man
Spoilers & Speculations Thread

Biochemist Dr. Hank Pym uses his latest discovery,
a group of subatomic particles, to create a size-altering formula.
Though his first self-test goes awry, he develops an instrument
that helps him communicate with and control insects.

Release date:
17 July 2015

Cast & Crew

Directed by: Edgar Wright
Written by: Joe Cornish; Edgar Wright

Paul Rudd ... Scott Lang
Michael Douglas ... Hank Pym

Test Footage

Future Title Suggestions
Romancing the Infinity Stones?
Earth's Scientist Supreme.
Size doesn't matter.

Last edited by Hawthorn; 01-23-2014 at 04:29 PM
Old 01-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt, Fran!!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was looking for info about the movie and the quote in the title came up, so I went with that. I can change it to something else, though, just say so.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Do we have any idea when they will start filming? I imagine it will start after/towards the end of AoU.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I found this:
Quote:
Filming is due to begin in May in Atlanta, Georgia on Ant-Man, the next in the behemoth Marvel franchise.

The feature is currently on schedule to be the first major film to make use of Pinewood’s shiny new studio in Fayetteville, just south of the capital. The 288 acre site consists of five sound stages totalling 100,000 square feet and around 300,000 square feet of production office and workshop space

It is likely that the other locations for Ant-Man will be predominantly Atlanta-based; these were being locked down at the time of going to press.

It has been widely reported that the film was originally intended to shoot in the UK, but was ousted by the sheer volume of other major features moving in and filling the big studios to capacity – a possible result of the high uptake of the attractive UK tax incentives for foreign filmmakers.

Georgia’s incentives are pretty appealing too however, offering a transferable 20% tax-credit on total qualified in-state spend, with an additional 10% available for productions including a promotional Georgia logo in the end credits.
[x]
Old 01-15-2014, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks!! So AoU and Ant-Man will be filming almost simultaneously? Has that happened in the MCU before?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

If AoU starts filming in late February/beginning of March and Ant-Man in late May, the filming might overlap for about a month, I think..? The first Avengers filmed in 4 months/4 months and a half, correct?
I think it's a first, yep.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

But didn't they say AoU starts in April? Both ChrisH and Fluffalo said they were starting in April. I think an article on comicbookmovie.com referenced April as the month they start filming too.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

But didn't you tell me Whedon had said February..?
I'm still confused about this.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's what he had said previously but it seems to me that everything got pushed back.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok then. Well, if it's April then yes, the two movies will pretty much be shot at the same time. Interesting.

We got some more spoilers yesterday:
Quote:
The Wrap and other sources are reporting that Michael Pena, 38, has just entered early negotiations for a role in the film. While there's no word on who the Mexican-American actor will be playing or if he'll have super-abilities, The Hollywood Reporter reveals that the studio has been searching for a "tough Latino who has to be ready for a lot of physical play," and they were considering "actors ranging from Javier Bardem to Clifton Collins Jr." Also, Variety adds that the next major role to be cast in Ant-Man is the female lead: "Rashida Jones and Bryce Dallas Howard are names that have been mentioned but as of now no one has been offered the part."

UPDATE: Bleeding Cool now claims to have been told that "the female lead of this film is the daughter of the second male lead. In light of the last day’s news, that pretty clearly marks her out as the offspring of Hank Pym." Perhaps, Janet Van Dyne will be Pym's daughter, and she'll link up with Scott Lang before eventually becoming The Wasp...

UPDATE #2 According to This Is Infamous' source, Peña will play a character known as a present-day Castillo, one of two villains in Ant-Man. "While it took awhile to piece together the timeline, our understanding is that Castillo will be the film’s villain in the beginning, which takes place in the 1960s. It is here that we’ll get our introduction to Ant-Man – the Hank Pym version – which Marvel readers will get from the character’s work as a spy fighting against Communism. From there, Ant-Man will move into the modern era, with an aging Pym, recently filled by Michael Douglas, and the beginning of the Scott Lang story arc, which will eventually get Scott Lang in as Ant-Man. Lang will encounter this second villain along the way, who will serve as his primary villain, but what we’re hearing is that Peña will wind up playing a larger role as the film develops, much more than just the opening to establish Ant-Man."
[x]
Old 01-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news!!

This article says AoU starts late March. Why can't they make up their minds lol.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I people who keep track of filming locations and the likes will give us a final word on this next month!

Michael Douglas commenting on joining the movie:
Quote:
"I've been dying to do a Marvel picture for so long," Douglas told Reuters on Monday. "The script is really fun, the director is really good. Dylan (the actor's 13-year-old son) will love it. He'll have a picture he can see."

Pym's character first appeared in the 27th issue of Marvel Comics series "Tales to Astonish" in January 1962. Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, said in a statement posted on Marvel.com that Douglas will play Pym with "charm and fortitude."

Douglas, who won a Best Actor Oscar in 1988 for Oliver Stone's financial drama "Wall Street" and picked up a Golden Globe award on Sunday for his turn as Liberace in HBO movie "Behind the Candelabra," is taking a rare step into the world of big-budget franchise action films.

"Sometimes - like (when) they didn't see you for Liberace - you've got to shake them up a little bit and have some fun," Douglas said of surprising both studios and audiences with his decision to do a superhero film.

And while Douglas has only done one sequel in his career spanning more than 40 years - Gordon Gekko in 2010's "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" - the actor teased about his involvement in future "Ant-Man" sequels.

"(Marvel) reciprocated well, there are sequels. Who knows?" the actor said.
UPDATE 1-Michael Douglas wants to surprise audiences with Marvel's 'Ant-Man' | Reuters
Old 01-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the article! Well, he's right. He sure did surprise me.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lately they've done that a lot, though - picking an old-ish, very famous actor for minor roles to go a much less known cast (Anthony H., Ben K., Robert Redford...).
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top