Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2020, 07:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

agreed , well we know fitz and simmons will have a little girl so it would be nice to see that .

Mack and yo yo yes , i feel mack would want to steo away maybe have his own family.

May is a tricky one for sure and Coulson yeah i dont know i agree probably sacrifice himself but in saying that he has died a few times so i wont liek it to end it that way,

Daisy needs a happy ending Sousa needs to live please !!! and i wont midn if she stays in the past with him or somewhere were her sane mum and dad are

yeah sorry Zeke no idea or dont care as much what happens to you , he techically should;t be there
Old 08-12-2020, 06:07 AM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
true they all live happy ever after but not together they wont be agents anymore , i wonder what they will do with their lives ??
Why can't they just reform it again, like when Fury gave the black box to Coulson. I seem to remember Mack in a previous season wanting to get SHIELD Academy going again... granted the timeline is weird now.
Johnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie (View Post)
Why can't they just reform it again, like when Fury gave the black box to Coulson. I seem to remember Mack in a previous season wanting to get SHIELD Academy going again... granted the timeline is weird now.
yep , i mean they can do anything with this show
Old 08-12-2020, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Here's a link to the live watch from Elizabeth Henstridge's YouTube channel: Live with Lil! AGENTS OF SHIELD SERIES FINALE

Enjoy the show you guys!
Tech Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Radio (View Post)
Here's a link to the live watch from Elizabeth Henstridge's YouTube channel: Live with Lil! AGENTS OF SHIELD SERIES FINALE

Enjoy the show you guys!
Thanks for that, I'll definitely be watching it.
LysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 05:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Radio (View Post)

Enjoy the show you guys!
thanks for that
Old 08-13-2020, 01:36 PM
Website Manager

Def some aspects of the very end that I loved seeing... Helicarrier was one... The Return of Lola was two. Glad that Daisy has a family with her now. Glad her sister came around. Sousa took the initiative to kiss Daisy this time, kind of impulsive like she was in the time loop.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:16 PM
Loyal Fan

The only thing that I didn’t like in these episodes were some of the space scenes, and by that, I mean things that happened when space was the background. Some of them were kind of hokey. I know they were dealing with a budget and whatnot, but still… Some of the scenes were just not up to par and I think the show would have been better without them.

I liked the dynamic between Mack, Sousa and Daisy. In episode 7x11 and this one. At the beginning when Daisy Mack and Sousa were waiting for someone to burst through the door only for nothing to happen before Sousa’s “is it possible they’re on the other side doing the same thing?” and then the little look Mack and Daisy shared was kind of amusing. Or when Daisy mentioned saving Simmons and Deke threw out Deke’s name and her ‘sure.’ And then after the Sousy kiss and Sousa returns to Mack’s side and the taller man’s “impressive” followed by Sousa’s “thank you.” I appreciated that banter.

I didn’t realize that Jemma didn’t recognize Deke (or anyone else) from the end of 7x11. I just thought it was Fitz. Elizabeth Henstridge is absolutely wonderful. I mean the entire cast is, but this season, she’s really just a shining star.

It’s funny, John Garrett just being John Garrett. I didn’t mind it when it came out of Bill Paxton’s mouth, but coming out of someone else’s mouth just bothers me. I find the character more annoying. Maybe it’s the baritone difference between father and son?

I liked the fact that the show ended with Philinda as friends, and nothing more. I never really cared for them as a couple, and I think the only reason why they even explored it was because the fans got so invested in them. But I liked that at the end of the episode, she invited him to come see her, which, is a huge step for her considering the way she compartmentalized him for a majority of the season.

The tech that Mack used against the Chronicoms that confronted him and Sousa was a nice nod to the movie Serenity, when Simon used something similar to rescue River. And I remember something similar being used during the first season when Garrett revealed himself as Hydra. I can’t remember if it was completely the same or not, but again, a nice nod.

Huh, it’s funny that Malick really was the reason he didn’t succeed. His own ambition got in his way. It’s kind of fitting, but I would have thought that Sybil would have seen that he would have gotten in the way of their plans and done something sooner.

We all know that time travel isn’t real and so there are like no right or wrong concepts, but if you consider what Deke said in the first episode of the season, he was completely wrong as to what Fitzsimmons did.

And when it was revealed that someone had to stay behind, I knew that Sousa would be the first one to step up for it. I was expecting it. Honestly, I didn’t think that Sousy would make it out of the season together, but I’m glad that wasn’t the case. But then Deke stayed behind and…became the director of SHIELD? Or at least that’s how I read it considering the way the other agents looked at him. Really? He was the best option? I mean yeah, he’s come a long way since his slave trading days in season five, but enough to be director?

Given the fact that Flint was in 6x13, I figured he and Piper would be back at least once this season, but I wasn’t expecting to see Davis, even if it was an LMD version. Now that, was a nice surprise! And it’s nice that Piper and Davis are still working with Yo-Yo.

I never considered that May would become an instructor. I don’t know why, I mean she shared stuff with Ward, she trained Daisy, she served as (Director) Coulson’s right-hand and helped Mack when he was a new director. It seems fitting for her now, which is a far cry from what we saw in the very first episode of the series.

I thought the end was particularly bittersweet. They may physically never be in the same room, but it was nice that they were able to find a way around that…somewhat. But it was also a stark reminder that things really were over. It was almost awkward at points, which felt completely off because of the dynamics between the characters that we grew to love and appreciate for seven years.

And towards the end when almost everyone in the group left until it was only Coulson and Daisy? I thought it was such a nice parting reminder of the relationship the two have shared since the beginning of the show and that they still have that bond despite the distance between them.

Up until that very last point, I was fine. I mean the conversation was a little emotional, but not enough for me to really feel choked up. And then it was just Daisy, sitting alone in the room. And the reminder that they were her family and she was still holding onto that particular moment. It was then that my eyes watered. And when she ended the…mind connection thingy and Sousa was sitting right there, I was a little better.

All in all, I really enjoyed this series finale over season five’s finale (and one-time potential series finale). I felt that this season was much lighter, and the show ended on a higher note.

I would love it if the ending for Daisy/Sousa/Kora somehow opens up other opportunities…maybe with Disney+… It’s a far fetch, I know, but I’d love to see something like it. They could call it “Astro Ambassador: Adventures in Space”
Old 08-13-2020, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

I liked that their final mission was on their own terms. Disbanning wasn’t something they were forced into. It reflects real life quite well. We meet people, go on a journey with them that creates a strong bond, and then our paths lead us into different directions. But that special bond is still there. And they are only a phone call away.

For me this series finale was more fitting than S5 would have been. That season divided the team up, which created a real life rift between the fans of certain characters. It just didn’t sit well with me. Glad we still had two more seasons after that.

Also I enjoyed the scenes between Deke and Simmons this season. In fact, I never particularly had a problem with Deke.
Tech Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh so we enjoyed this ending ??

I haven't watched it yet but I will soon.

See i like Zeke just not the idea of him with Diasy .
Old 08-13-2020, 07:15 PM
Website Manager

I did catch the she called Coulson 'A.C.' just like she did in the old days. As far as Simmons memories, the only thing I kind of hoped for was if she did recognize Daisy that she'd end up calling her 'Skye' like she was in the better part of the first two seasons. Poor thing never did get a Quake suit of her own.

Though I agree it does seem odd that Sybil can see so much of time streams, but can't see (or didn't bother to look) that her allies might end up being her downfall? Sure it started with Kora but then Malick... couldn't just let Daisy be...

Quote:
But then Deke stayed behind and…became the director of SHIELD? Or at least that’s how I read it considering the way the other agents looked at him. Really? He was the best option? I mean yeah, he’s come a long way since his slave trading days in season five, but enough to be director?
That was an alternate timeline that they left right? I mean I guess they might look to him now... granted that's not to say he kept the position if he wasn't any good.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, he stayed behind in the timeline they had been in all season.

I was excited to see Lola again. I think that very last end scene with Coulson and Lola helped to keep me from all out crying.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysCat (View Post)
Yeah, he stayed behind in the timeline they had been in all season.

I was excited to see Lola again. I think that very last end scene with Coulson and Lola helped to keep me from all out crying.
he did love his Lola
Old 08-14-2020, 12:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Rotten tomatoes congratulations Agents of s.h.i.e.l.d with a great rating
Old 08-14-2020, 06:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow, good on them.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top