Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

♥ 100K Celebration Thread: 100,000 quality posts that give us food for thought! ♥

credit: miranstarr (Mee)

Credit: miss89 (Theresa)

Testimonials

I am so proud to be a part of the family on The Avengers board. It is a wonderful place to come and post. I love Hawkeye, he is my favorite character. He is a great part of The Avengers. I love how he takes control of his emotions and what needs to be done to protect his team and the world. I love it when he uses his bow and arrows, they always go where he wants them to. I am looking forward to more Hawkeye and more of The Avengers to come for years and years - Donna

What can I say about Hawkeye? He is a great Avenger, he is there for his fellow heroes, always willing to put his life and himself on the line for them and the planet. When I see Hawkeye, I fall in love with him over and over again. I am glad to be on The Avengers board and I will keep coming back more and more- Jade

ICONS

Testimonials

Tony has always been my favourite of the Avengers cast, as the unlikely hero, someone who was thrown into the limelight. Someone who pretty much savours the spotlight and makes the most of it, but in terms of his personality, he is much more than that, he is constantly worried about his own health and the wellbeing of his girlfriend and his close ones. His story is a deep one, his health is often at risk, he has had to work hard at utilising what he has to protect the ones he cares about. The most wonderful thing about Tony though is that he has grown and matured into the leader role, he cares about the team and although strong minded and opinionated, he is smart, strong and passionate. When Tony is in a fight, he will do what he can to get the job done, and all he needs is people to support him. - Theresa (misst89)

Captain America/Steve Rogers has always been my favorite Avenger. How can you not love Steve? I get that he's not as flashy or as snarky as other Avengers, but then they can't all be. Everyone has something that makes them special. I know some people think Cap is useless and boring, but I would never use those words to describe him. All they see is that he can't fly, his shield doesn't shoot lasers, and his suit doesn't do anything special so that must mean he's useless. To me, Captain America has never really been about his abilities as a super soldier (don't get me wrong, those are good too), but rather about the man he is inside and the sense of hope he instills in people when the world is falling apart around them. He is, to us, the Sentinel of Liberty and he will always try to do what is right and just. Whenever I look at Steve as he is now, I see the smile but it never quite reaches the eyes. There's a sadness about him that no one knows quite what to do to reach through to him yet. I look forward to learning more about Steve and seeing the good man I know he is in the upcoming movies. I can't wait to see Steve break out of his shell and show us why and how he is the leader of The Avengers. He will always be my Captain.

I also just want to say that I love being part of The Avengers/MCU Family. I know that after a tough day at work, being here for a few seconds and reading our mind boggling posts always brings a smile to my face and a gut busting laugh out of me. We may be weird sometimes (OK, a lot of the time), but we love the Marvel Cinematic Universe, heroes and villains alike. - Mee (miranstarr)

credit: Hawthorn (Fran)

Testimonials

Thor and Loki are opposite forces of complex emotions and strong personalities, as godlike in their powers as they are deeply human in their feelings.

Thor is light and impulsive energy. He has a heart of gold and never hesitates to put himself on the line for the sake of those he cares about. He has made his mistakes, but he became a better man because of them and readied himself to sacrifice and responsibility. Thor likes to see and make people happy, he's open-minded and would do anything for his family and friends. He forgives without betraying his duty, he traded glory for peace, and he will let you take a picture of him even before knowing what a camera is. The God of Thunder wears his feelings on his sleeve and learned respect for everyone's beliefs. I fell in love with his character because he never runs out of love, he always gets back up after falling, and gives everything he has no matter how many times you demand him of it.

Loki is chaos and inner conflict, a brilliant mind and darkened soul. It's rare to be able to fully understand what drives a villain to do what they do, but we got to see the exact moment his heart broke and he started to lose himself. Loki defies definitions and clear alliances. He is pain turned into rage and a clash of contradictions. He resents his family yet can never really break ties with them. He doubts everyone and himself most of all, just like he spins lies to his own ears and not just the others. He is his own worst enemy. I was drawn to him by his many facets, his wit, his desperate need for an identity, and I love the whole mess that are his feelings, his incapability to strike the final blow against his home realm, and the loneliness no reassurance will shake from his bones.

Thor and Loki were the reason why I entered the Marvel universe and its fandom. They are still my most beloved among many cherished characters and I toast with them to this celebration worthy of an Asgardian feast! - Fran (Hawthorn)

credit: misst89 (Theresa)

Last edited by Sweet Embrace; 07-19-2013 at 02:00 PM
miranstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

WE DID IT!!
Awesome job, everyone! We've come such a long way - thanks to all who posted around and kept us so active and the discussion so enthusiastic.

Mee, Theresa, gorgeous arts!
The OP looks great.

And now I'm reading all the testimonials with calm.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for staying up to help us achieve it, Fran and Val!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the thread, Mee

I'm so proud of us

valentina
tumblr twitter
LucyGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's to 100,000 more posts!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can't go to sleep when a party is right around the corner.
Thanks to you, Mee, and Theresa for taking care of the preparations.

The board has been doing amazingly well.
Long live us!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's so great to have 2 celebrations so close to each other.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Christmas/New Year's Eve situation.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

It is

I used one of the icons, Mee

valentina
tumblr twitter
Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Look at us, all dressed up for the occasion.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

OT3
Old 07-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

We are
Steve, Thor and Loki will be jealous

valentina
tumblr twitter
Old 07-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Congratulations on reaching 100,000 posts.

Jade Lizabetta Lautner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for being part of it, Jade!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome and I am glad to be a part of it.

Jade Lizabetta Lautner is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top