Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
Oh I didn't realize that they had filmed the scene. Yeah hopefully we will get to see it as a deleted scene or a scene in Captain America 2.
it is listed in the DVD release as one of the deleted scenes

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 07-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Add me! I shipped Steve and Peggy so hard

I don't think she'll be back in the next installment, btw, it's gonna be set in current day.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh thats interesting that Joss thought of that better be a delated scene

That art
Old 07-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutor_Girl (View Post)
I don't think she'll be back in the next installment, btw, it's gonna be set in current day.
Peggy is still alive in current day - her SHIELD file marks her as alive with an address - her birthyear is in 1919 so she would be 93 years old as the current day Avengers movie - and while we can see young Peggy in flashbacks, there is still a chance we will see older-Peggy in current day as well if they are gonna use that deleted scene from the Avengers for Steve and older-Peggy to have a reunion.

It is likely that Cap 2 may have Peggy's funeral or something like that given her elderly age and to provide a source of drama and conflict for Steve to deal with in the sequel.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 07-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Realistically though? that wouldn't work She would be, like you said, 93 years old. Plus, I heard he moves on with some descendant of hers anyway. I would love to see flashbacks though. Or something he kept to remember her by

Old 07-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutor_Girl (View Post)
Realistically though? that wouldn't work She would be, like you said, 93 years old. Plus, I heard he moves on with some descendant of hers anyway. I would love to see flashbacks though. Or something he kept to remember her by
Well of course a romantic relationship-wise wouldn't be realistic as Peggy had moved on with her life - but she could very well appear in the sequel in another capacity or just for Steve to visit and maybe get encouragement from, it doesn't have to be a love story necessarily.

And yeah, the comics have him with Sharon Carter but who knows what the movies will do as it might be too soon for Steve to suddenly just move on.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 07-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it would be better if they just build Steve's relationship with Sharon (or whoever they chose as his LI) in the next movie. There's no need to jump into a full fledged love affair so soon. Just start them out as partners and let it evolve from there into the third movie. All I know is I do not want that restaurant girl to be his LI.

Last edited by miranstarr; 07-02-2012 at 07:46 PM
Old 07-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Restaraunt girl? either you've watched the movie too many times, or I haven't watched it enough, Mee

Old 07-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

That diner girl, Beth I think her name is?! There was a cut scene where she was trying to flirt with him. DO NOT WANT!

OMG, I made a Freudian slip in my previous post!!! I wrote parents instead of partners!!! Steve and Sharon can't be parents yet!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Some speculated that the girl from the restaurant whom Steve saved and who was interviewed later shown in the newsreel could be Sharon Carter - though I doubt that - Sharon seems more likely to be the brunette girl who first greeted Steve when he woke up.

But who knows, I think the sequel should just focus more on Cap finding his ground and moving away from the past before saddling him with another love interest.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 07-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, they need to stay away from the love interests. The wound is too fresh tbh. I don't want him jumping into another relationship. He still needs to get used to the 21st century.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

No, I don't want her to be Sharon. Sharon is a BAMF in the comics to me and the diner girl seems too sweet and naive. I've already made up my mind.

I know the papers had her birthday listed so she's supposed to be 93, but I clearly remember Joss saying in an interview that Peggy was 88. That does not compute to me.

I agree, but you know movies, there has to be a love interest. IDEK why they think like that. Avengers didn't really need any relationships because it was an ensemble movie, but Pepper was there with Tony and we got hints of a romance between Clint and Natasha.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

I liked Pepper and Tony, but they were already established in the other IM movies and it wasn't like the focus of the movie, so I was fine with that.

But yeah, all movies end up needing some sort of love interest, and while I sometimes enjoy that in this case, it would just be too soon. He's still adjusting to this new era~

Old 07-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
No, I don't want her to be Sharon. Sharon is a BAMF in the comics to me and the diner girl seems too sweet and naive. I've already made up my mind.
I still think the brunette agent who greeted Steve at the end of Cap movie as the nurse is Sharon Carter - it is more likely for her to be a SHIELD agent in the movie-verse.

Quote:
I know the papers had her birthday listed so she's supposed to be 93, but I clearly remember Joss saying in an interview that Peggy was 88. That does not compute to me.
Well someone could just be wrong, i mean, movie-verse doesn't always keep the best dates continuity - although 88 would make Peggy slightly too young to have been in the position she was in with the SSR, especially as a woman in that time period.

Quote:
I agree, but you know movies, there has to be a love interest. IDEK why they think like that. Avengers didn't really need any relationships because it was an ensemble movie, but Pepper was there with Tony and we got hints of a romance between Clint and Natasha.
Well, Pepper and Tony were long way established, so having her around isn't about romance as much as it's simply a part of who Tony is, it's his normal life and it shows he has stability and a life outside of SHIELD/Avengers - and as for Clint and Natasha, well every time a female/male working closely together there are always hints.

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT
Old 07-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do hope Steve at least got to give Peggy her dance.

Didn't I read somewhere too that Peggy was living in London? My wires are getting all crossed here.