Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cydonia~ (View Post)
^ I was actually surprised by that. Didn't Moffat say that the s3 would be even bigger then the one of series 2?
He did. I was like "Um no. This in no way compares to the cliff hanger for season 2."
Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheSun (View Post)
I've read people hoping it's Moran. Tbh I love Andrew's Moriarty so much that I hope he'll be back, even if it does take away from the S2 finale.
Me too.. lol, he's too amazing to be wasted.

Like if it was that other guy, Charles I forgot already that came back from the dead then I would be pissed.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

I hope it's Moran too
Old 01-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Magnussen will come back. At least some people need to stay dead. Not Moriarty, though.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Magnussen needs to stay dead. I don't like another Mind Palace in Sherlock's world.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
Magnussen needs to stay dead. I don't like another Mind Palace in Sherlock's world.
I would say that a gunshot to the head is pretty dead, but we all know how the last one turned out.

(although I don't actually believe that moriarty isn't dead.)
Old 02-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Absolute Fan

OMFG! OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!

I KNEW IT!!! I FLIPPIN' KNEW IT!!! I JUST SUSPECTED IT!!!

OHMYGOD!!! I WAS SO DARNED RIGHT IT HURTS MY BRAIN! OHMYFREAKIN'FROG!! IKNEWITIKNEWIT!!!!!!

I this episode. So twisted and confusing, but totally crazy and I am blasted by it...

I had a feeling, itch... A HUNCH!
I HAD A FREAKING HUNCH!!!! that Moriarty is alive!!!

The moment he 'died' I couldn't make myself believe it's just that. And during S3 premiere I got this feeling, suspicion, HUNCH! that he might just as well faked his death too... after all Sherlock did, and M is as smart to make it happen.

AND

I really hate this Magnussen guy.. He me to and I'm at him

Although that mind palace thing was fascinating.

And I Watson's reaction to the fact Sherlock was dating (although I figured it out immediately, I had suspicion about them from very beginning in previous episode)

but it was nevertheless. That look in John's eyes, expression on his face....

And I was fully blown away by that shooting scene and confusing moments after... That was as crazy as it was brilliant.

Also the beginning of episode. how John found Sherlock by accident and that at Sherlock's
PRICELESS!

I just enjoyed that fuss about his drug usage (the ¡ping! moment in which I would have presented mom the fact it wasn't only Elementary where Sh had that problem, but also stated on Wikipedia)

Okay, I'm out of my head nuts about this so I'll stop here before I turn into a circus play and my brain melts into puddle from plotting about next season because I'm absolutely will be having this tea party of drunken plot bunnies

*peace & out*
Old 02-24-2014, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

^ Where you surprised by Mary's dark past or did you suspect it?

The thought of Moriarty having faked his death as well had crossed my mind, but I never really believed it, I still don't. I might be more inclined, if new footage was used for his message and not just a picture. It must be someone from his team.

Magnussen creeped me out. I think they did a good job with him as a villain. He was very intimidating, but in a different way than Moriarty. What made him so scary, at least to me, was his lack of respect. He did everything he could to 'own' people and then showed them that they're at his mercy.

On a lighter note, I was completely on board with John, when he found out that Sherlock had a girlfriend. I just thought 'Who cares about Magnussen, how come Sherlock has a girlfriend?!'
Old 02-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Actually I went for recaps before episode. However, I sensed something in previous episode when they were putting together the wedding.
Because, Sherlock actually was right about Watson. If one's bound to get along with certain types then it's just it.
Although John denied it I believe he realized it was true.
At least how I saw it I can't say I outright expected Mary being an assassin, nevertheless I expected her to be someone with something 'interesting' in past. It's fairly obvious that John likes non-boring stuff and people, reason he's still following around Sherlock (and honestly, that complaining is just for the sake of yelling and simple caring than it is about something being too much, because obviously John cares about Sherlock more than he admits, and of course Sherlock does same).

Actually it was good to see them back together because I was worried John will break up with Mary. I actually like her and I can see she loves John despite whatever is in her past. I believe there was reason for her past being the way it was because things just don't happen without a reason.

Well, Moriarty could've had pulled that off, I wouldn't put that past him. That guy was full of mischief and challenge so something like that would be considered easy for him.
He even nearly made me doubt everything for a moment. Although I refused to believe that con he was pulling on Sherlock to play with him.
But still, I better take Moriarty than Magnussen...

Yeah, he was creepishly haunting in some ways more than others.
Actually at first I too thought about his glasses. The way it was showed fooled me almost, only almost. It was smart way of accentuating the glasses because it put me off a bit.
However the way it was showed, how he opened those files on people and flipped through everything made me suspicious.
But how he went on about each person's pressure point was fascinating and a lot like Sherlock reads people.
In some ways they are alike. And that too is creepy.
But that toilet thing was like because it was so pompous and rude. I felt like shooting him the moment he came through the front door already reading Mrs. Hudson.

that makes me feel like knowing Sherlock
Yeah, as a simple fact it would appear like "omg! what?" but then, "hey, that's Sherlock".
Because I kinda expected it from him to use the girl for something because that's how Sherlock rolls.
And maybe he really loves only John? *stomps on slashy deductions*
Ahem...*cough*
It was though that he could only be like more honest to her about his intentions because I think she was right, they could have been friends because they knew each enough to be real about it.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Right now I'm crazy tired from work, but I'll reply to your thoughts tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Absolute Fan

okay
Old 03-03-2014, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Magnussen was one of those you would call slimy villain. He was disgusting.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Absolute Fan

So true. He was. I hope he's gone for good
Old 03-16-2014, 08:45 PM
New Fan

a couple odd things

Hello everyone!

Been lurking a while, first time post....just recently discovered the lovely world of Sherlock . Short story: I've read all the ACD stories , and I also lurk in the Elementary fanforum and the Big Bang Theory fanforum, what can I say...I like pasty smart men.

Anyway, just a couple comments on this eppy:

I sincerely hope that's not the last we're hearing about Sherlock murdering a man in cold blood. I don't care who you're related to , where they send you....it just defies belief that the British Govt would be able to just smooth that over and send Sherlock to his room. There has to be repercussions.

I'm surprised no one here has commented on the mention of ACD's Sherlock's retirement home. Sussex Downs was where he eventually retired(with Mrs Hudson no less) and kept bees. I wonder if he'll be buying it from Janice or he's goingto end up with her in the end. OR , if they just threw that out there to put a bee in our bonnet.......so to speak.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome aboard, hdgcat! It's great you decided to stop lurking!

Magnussen needed to die. He was blackmailing half the British government. Sherlock took him out, doing them all a big favor.
I frankly don't have a problem with that.

As for the Sussex Downs reference, I believe Moffatt & Gatiss do like to throw in bits like that as crumbs to the devoted ACD fans.

I've seen all the Sherlocks over the years and this one - the writing team, Benedict, Martin - is my favorite, hands down.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~