Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken|smile (View Post)
What? who? Ryder? ... whose that?
Oh, just some guy. You don't need to know him.

Hm, I remember the board as this friendly, drama-less place I don't know how it was in 2000-2002, but...I can't really think of a lot of ships you could actually have shipper wars about? Maybe Scout/Bella or Scout/Sean... but even then, I think people mostly cared (and care) about Jake/Hamilton. And fandom pretty much unanimously ships them
Old 05-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats you guys on 50k!

I know I'm late to it but I stumbled across a link somewhere on my travels on FF and wanted to stop by. This was such a great show and it was a shame that it was so short-lived. It's exciting to see that you're able to keep this going through the great love that you have for it. I wish you all many more posts to come!

Chrissy |
Old 05-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for stopping by Chrissa Definately a great show and for the many posts to come

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 05-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Chrissa, thanks for stopping by!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Lest we forget ...

Notwithstanding that forum rules preclude linking to bootleg versions:

Shouldn't we acknowledge our debt to the scofflaws who keep YA accessible by posting it on YouTube? Where would this board be without them? It's hard to discuss a show without being able to watch it.

And given that the owners of this show have never seen fit to sell it to the public since they took it off the air, the only choice is between watching bootleg and not watching it at all. That's not really what intellectual property rights are for, is it? (See "compulsory license" for unused intellectual property.)

Speaking of which, a new series of clips containing only the Jake-Hamilton scenes was just posted this week. It covers all episodes, with no songs overlaid.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

We are, of course, in debt to those who keep uploading the show to youtube! Nevertheless, we can't link there directly. But lurkers, be aware that the complete show is uploaded at youtube for your viewing pleasure. If you have trouble finding it, then post here or send a PM and we'll make sure you'll get to see it

I'm still bitter the show never got an official DVD release, btw. Now with especially Kate M, Kate B and Ian being rather "famous", I'm sure tons of people would've bought it.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Anybody have any idea what it would cost to buy the rights to YA - to own the thing? It appears to be generating zero income for its current owners, presumably Columbia Tri-Star and Sony TV. So perhaps it might be quite inexpensive.

Or any idea how one might even go about inquiring as to that? I know nothing about the business side of the entertainment industry. Although an old friend from university is an entertainment lawyer (and what a sweet racket that is!).
Old 05-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Considering the fact that I have zero money right now, it'd probably cost more than I could afford But you're right, it technically couldn't be all that expensive. Maybe ask your friend next time you see him how one could find out about something like this?