Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Will/Bella/Sean - A Friendship to Last Forever?

They grew up together, but is that enough to keep their friendship alive?

I think there was a deep bond between Bella and Will. They trusted each other, they were like brother and sister. She was happy for him when he entered Rawley even though she probably doesn't like Rawley people that much.
Sean is a totally different story. Will didn't even tell him, his best friend, that he attended Rawley because he was afraid Sean would hate him. Of course, that's understandable, because Sean and his friends really hate Rawley people. But I still think you should be able to tell your best friend about something like this.
And then, there's the Bella/Sean relationship. This wouldn't have ended happily, and they probably would never have been able to be the way they were before, mostly because Will or Scout would have dated Bella someday, and I'm not sure if Sean would have been able to deal with that.

What do you think?
Old 09-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

For some reason, Townies seem to have this really warped view of Rawley kids, whereas Rawley kids seem more lenient. For example, Will was so ashamed of his Townieness that he'd lie to Caroline about it, but she didn't even really give a damn when she found out; she was more upset by the fact that he'd lied to her. Sean is soooo uptight about all things Rawley, that goes unsaid.

I think Will and Bella would have definitely ended up together, and if Sean was still in the picture at the time (as I think he would have been), then this triangle is very volatile and I can't see it being good and fun again until none of them are dating each other.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 09-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Good topic Anja!

I personally think that the Will/Bella/Sean friendship it could last forever, if Sean get over Will attending Rawley and more o less accepting that Scout and Bella had something I think they could do it.

Honestly what I've never seen is the Bella/Will love story. They've always strike me more brother and sister than the Bella/Scout thing.

Again I've have liked to see Bella with Ryder and Will and Grace
Old 09-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Talliann
Honestly what I've never seen is the Bella/Will love story. They've always strike me more brother and sister than the Bella/Scout thing.
Oh, but WBSHM was so hinting toward it! The whole deer scene, not to mention the kiss on the cheek! And the whole discussion about how she had a crush on him earlier... I think all that is solid evidence!

Old 09-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

nah i think they couldve bn friends i mean they grew up 2gether. And the crush thing was b4 he became her best mate so i dont think will n bella wouldve went out i hate shows that put best friends together esp after dc with d/j i mean they'd bn great friends even if one of them had a crush and then they lost the friendship and never really got it back and this is what would have happened to will n bella
Old 09-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Master Fan

Yeah... sort of inevitable though, given it was a WB show and everything...

It brings up an interesting question though: can a boy and a girl just be friends? Provided neither is gay and they're both pretty attractive to boot.

Old 09-28-2004, 08:39 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
Yeah... sort of inevitable though, given it was a WB show and everything...
^I would have to agree. The signs of the 'joey-dawson' syndrome were there...
Quote:
can a boy and a girl just be friends? Provided neither is gay and they're both pretty attractive to boot.
I think it could remain platonic. It's possible...but most tv shows can't seem to get that. Most of the time, it's the reason why their stories seem unrealistic. Don't they think that two people can remain (simply) good friends? Not "just" friends...but friends. Friendship is beautiful and love still exists. When you're with your friends, you don't always think..."Hmm, I wonder how it would be like to kiss her..." But then again, it's a case-to-case situation...(If I had to choose, I'd just settle with Will and Bella being friends. Their relationship's already beautiful as it is...)
Old 09-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

You know, there was a thread on the Off Topic board on this earlier. It seemed that in general, girls thought it's possible for male/female friendships to remain platonic, whereas most of the guys disagreed, "unless the girl was a dog", I think was how they put it. Hmm.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's possible for a guy and a girl to have a completely platonic friendship. Maybe when they're teenagers, it could be pretty hard, but I don't think you necessarily fall in love with someone only because they are your best friend.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:10 AM
Master Fan

Yeah... I am undecided on the theoretical side of this. However, I think Will and Bella weren't going to be platonic. WB-bashing aside, they just seemed like the kind of friendship that is going to turn non-platonic. To me, anyway.

Old 09-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Hmmmm... I don't see any sign of a non-platonic frienship between Bella and Will, in the last epi they talk abt when they were kids and Bella had a crush on Will but it feels like they're making conversation in the car since Jake and Ham are busy with each other... (lovely scene)

In the deer scene I see Bella kisses Will 'cause she's apologising for telling everyone his secret. Scout and Sean are comfortable with Bella sleeping close to Will and during the railway walk Bella kisses Sean and Will doesn't seem to care or being jealous.

Hey, it's just my opinion and the way I see the triangle but I've got to admit that if the show would have kept going... perhaps there've been something more than friendship between them...

Old 09-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Whoa, there's a potential for a juicy competition for Bella. Of course she's with Sean where we left off. But Will could also go for her in the future if it doesn't work out with Caroline. Scout might also fall for Bella again if he finds out he's not related to her. I don't remember exactly how he felt for Paige though. Decisions, decisions for all these people.
Old 09-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

I definitely think if there was a second season, there's going to be something of a showdown between Will and Scout for Bella. The likeliest scenario (for me) seems to be Will falling for Bella, but just as they make their feelings 100% clear, Scout finds out they're not related. Angst and drama galore!

Old 10-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

You and your angst...

But I definitely agree on what you said. Bella and Will would eventually have fallen in love, and I don't think Scout would have taken that very well.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by wolkenfuehlen
You and your angst...
It's what keeps me going.

And to bring this back on topic, I can't help wondering what Sean's place is if/when Scout and Will start fighting over Bella. Is he going to be a third contender in this, making it a love... rectangle? Or is he going to take Will's side because Will's his friend; or is he going to take Scout's side because Will betrayed both of them?