Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reeeeeaddd it

I havent seen Wonderland either

Also, OMG I just remembered, ... is Robert Pattinson rumored to be playing Kurt Cobain? do they ... NOT SEE Charlie?

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 04-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

I will... one day.

He is rumoured to play him Charlie would be PERFECT I would die happily after having seen that
Old 04-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

one day... soon?

I mean I like Robert, kinda, and I can see, ... somehow, ... a little bit, why theyd think it would be a good idea but Charlie was born for this role, give him the role and he'll give you a thousand oscars

Old 04-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, my thoughts exactly and if it can't be Charlie, it should be Michael Pitt, because he kinda already played a Cobain-esque character in Last Days and was brilliant... I just don't like the idea of a teen star like Rob playing Kurt....
Old 04-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Passionate Fan

I heard about the Rob/Kurt thing and just.... was not having it He just doesn't feel right for the part. Nothing against Rob but I think he'd be *too* recognizable and because of that the viewer would always be preoccupied with him rather than the story. I think it'd take away from what the movie was trying to show. With Charlie though, while he's a fairly well known name, I think he's more under the radar which would probably lend him a believability in the role. If that makes any kind of sense.

Charlie's really proven his acting chops on SoA, but even beyond that the resemblance is just so spot on that I hope whoever represents him has thrown his name into the mix because that would be perfect casting

And yay for Ian possibly being cast...as Ian
Old 04-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
Nothing against Rob but I think he'd be *too* recognizable and because of that the viewer would always be preoccupied with him rather than the story. I think it'd take away from what the movie was trying to show.
Exactly! I could not have said it any better. See, I don't mind Rob, I think he's fairly attractive and talented, but him as Kurt could also potentially mean that all the teen girls would go see the movie just because Rob plays him, and that just feels so wrong. It's only rumours at this point though, so let's hope that they come to their senses and give the role to Charlie. He'd be so amazing as Kurt
Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, if they did cast him I think it'd be pandering in order to get Rob's audience and I don't think any Kurt fan or any serious music fan would respect that. One of the rumors I've heard is that Courtney Love is one of the people behind getting the film made and she really likes Rob for the part and is considering it. I really wouldn't have thought Courtney to be a Rob fan
Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
One of the rumors I've heard is that Courtney Love is one of the people behind getting the film made and she really likes Rob for the part and is considering it. I really wouldn't have thought Courtney to be a Rob fan
That was the first rumour I heard, too. The next day I heard a rumour that Courtney was outraged that Rob was considered for the part and that she didn't want him to play Kurt at all. Who knows what's true!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Okay that makes me feel better to know that there are multiple rumors flying around and that nothing is certain at all I would weep for a week if Rob played Kurt
Old 04-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

I hate not knowing what's true and what's false! I wish they'd just cast the movie already so I can stop worrying about this

I would weep with you. and then I'd weep for another five weeks because that would mean that Charlie won't play him!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We'd all weep together, why.are.they.so.blind?? cant they see Charlie?

I cant see Courtney Love being a Rob fan maybe her daughter is a fan though

I dont think they'll cast him as Kurt though, he's already Edward ... its like having Luke Skywalker play Elvis, doesnt work, you dont use someone who plays a hugely famous character to play some other hugely famous character you just dont, KTHNXBAI

Old 04-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know why they're so blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken|smile (View Post)
... its like having Luke Skywalker play Elvis,
YES. Perfect way of putting it. I'd maybe even be okay with Rob playing Kurt in ten years, when all the teengirls have grown up and him and Twilight have been long forgotten. But right now? No, thanks.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Young Americans: The Next Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Lily (View Post)
I thought it would be nice to start a thread on the projects we would want to see our favourite YA actors in. As in what do we think would be the ideal project for them.
Perhaps not the ideal project for them, but certainly what I should most like to see them in, and something they might all enjoy, is a re-make of YA as a movie. But playing the adult supporting roles this time. Sheer perversity suggests the following casting:

Rodney Scott :: Mr. Krudski
Mark Famiglietti :: Charlie Banks
Ian Somerhalder :: Senator Calhoun
Katherine Moennig :: Monica Pratt
Kate Bosworth :: Donna Banks
Ed Quinn: Bella's birth father
Matt Czurchy :: Finn
Charlie Hunnam :: Dean Fleming
Michelle Monaghan :: Susan Krudsky
Naomi Kline :: Kate Fleming
Gabrielle Christian :: Cop
Steve Antin: The Groundskeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Lily (View Post)
I'll start: I'd really like to see Kate Moenning in something more feminine and conventional.
Yeah ... something with better scriptwriters than Three Rivers had ...
Old 04-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Ah, come on, Three Rivers wasn't that bad! I've definitely seen worse! But yes, I still long to see Kate in more feminine roles, too...

Interesting to let them play the adult characters this time! Matt as Finn? Interesting choice! I'm just worried who'd play the teen characters then
Old 04-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Loyal Fan

YA: The Next Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
Yes, I still long to see Kate in more feminine roles, too.
Such as Monica Pratt?

And I know you're dying to see Hunnam play a mature authority figure. Preferably in tweeds. Perhaps with a pipe?

Quote:
I'm just worried who'd play the teen characters then
Heck, just do what Antin did: get some kids from the modelling agencies and teach them how to act. If you're unlucky enough to have nine months for that due to inability to find a sponsor (or, in the case of a movie, a distributor), it can work!

Last edited by Finnegan; 04-29-2010 at 01:31 PM