Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2015, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

And if you ever get tired of this (yeah, right )

Matt is also pulling on your heart strings.

{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-09-2015, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

God, stooooop. All the feelings
Old 09-12-2015, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

And if everything fails, you will bring out the puppy eyes

{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-13-2015, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

You're killing me

So I finally started catching up I am, of course, incredibly annoyed at the severe lack of Cary. After early season 6 I was really hopeful things would become better for good, but it's just not meant to be. Alicia and her election are much more important apparently. I hate that storyline. Having said that, I really loved the last ep I saw, 6x14, the one with Alicia basically at home all day thinking about her interview and the eviction case. One of my favourite things about this show was always its unique storytelling, and I thought the episode and the way it was done was spectacular I am already bored of Alicia/whatshisname though and it hasn't even properly happened yet
I'm also ignoring the whole Kalinda/Bishop thing already because I know where it'll lead and just...ugh.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

The Alicia storyline annoyed to be to no end. I just wanted to be over asap.

yeah don't get me started on the Kalinda/Bishop thing

And I agree, It was definitely weird to not see much Cary when pretty much the first half of the season was all about him. Got used to all the screentime.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

I get that the other storylines are more important to the writers (well, actually, no, I don't get it), but it's just weird to finally shove Cary front and center and give him a storyline that really shows just how great Matt is...and to then take it all away again after half a season and have Matt basically sit around in the background as an extra. I mean, for god's sake, the guest starts every episode have more screen time than him. Always.

I think I wouldn't even mind the Alicia storyline that much if it would completely dominate all storylines on the show. It was fine with Peter's election because Peter himself was only a supporting character, but with her as the main character as well as the main focus of this recent storyline...it's tiring. As much as I liked the structure of 6x14, the episode could literally be summarized by "Alicia waits for her interview and thinks about stuff. The end."
Old 09-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I still think him having a non existent storyline in the second half was the reason he got overlooked in the Emmy race.
It honestly made me sometimes wonder if he got somewhat involved in the Bullsbhit BTS drama the show had. It was really weird.

I think the storyline with Alicia had great potential if it was an actual political show but that way she was just running around with Peter, Eli and the guest stars isolated from the rest of the cast most of the time.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Urgh DP
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-16-2015, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

Ugh I'm so frustrated with this show

We spent basically the entire freaking season on the election storyline and then the storyline falls through after like two episodes?? Basically the only point of it was to separate Alicia from the firm which I get, but it's a dumb move storytelling wise because now it's much harder to incorporate any of those characters/stories into the show, as we've basically seen all through s6 already. and don't get me started on Alicia/that dude (John?), they spent all that time setting it up and then it doesn't lead anywhere?? What a waste of my freaking time. Although I'm glad he's gone, I didn't like him.

and am I honestly supposed to believe that Lemond Bishop, major druglord, doesn't lock his home office? Has no password protection (let alone sth fancy like fingerprint recognition) on his computer? Has any files that could incriminate him in any way easily organized on his computer (and not, say, on an external harddrive, password-protected of course, that he keeps under lock and key in a safe)? Has no video surveillance in his office to prepare for exactly this situation?? This is lazy storytelling at its finest. They had the entire season to set up Kalinda's exit and this is what they ended up with?? If Cary hadn't slipped up while talking to Dexter (which, again, very random, I'd assume he's be more careful than that), this whole story would've never led back to Kalinda?? What a freaking joke. and honestly, as dramatic and painful as the end of 6x20 was, I much preferred it to the actual "ending" for Kalinda. She fled town overnight and cut all ties because she was fearing for her life. Am I honestly supposed to believe she'd risk coming back just like that to talk to Bishop's lawyer? Which, how did she even know he had suddenly started contacting Cary, Alicia etc?

I am also heartbroken that Finn is apparently gone now, I loved him a lot. But the Canning/Florrick partnership could be hella good.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Love your rant. I agree with pretty much everything you said. The last couple of episode were a real big mess I try to laugh about it now, cause I was pissed about it for several weeks and it pretty much ruined the show for me during the summer.

Yeah Finn is gone I think it just didn't work how they had planned it.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 09-16-2015, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

It was all a huge trainwreck tbh. I'm kinda glad I watched it now and knew what to prepare myself for

Matthew Goode was so handsome though. They need to give Cary a lot more scenes now please so I can continue to stare at handsome boys on this show.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
Matthew Goode was so handsome though. They need to give Cary a lot more scenes now please so I can continue to stare at handsome boys on this show.
that is the spirit
Old 09-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Well I need something to distract me from the trainwreck-y storytelling and the upcoming campaign storyline!
Old 09-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
Well I need something to distract me from the trainwreck-y storytelling and the upcoming campaign storyline!
that is a very good point there.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

I know! It's such a shame, TGW was always so good writing-wise.