Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Matt Czuchry Cast In New WB Pilot!

Good news, Matt fans! He has landed a role in the new WB Pilot "Dark Shadows"!

From TheFutonCritic.com:

DARK SHADOWS (WB) - Alec Newman ("Dune"), Jessica Chastain ("ER"), Martin Donovan ("Traffic"), Alexander Gould ("Finding Nemo") and Matt Czuchry ("Hack") are the latest to join the Frog's new take on the cult classic series. Newman will play Barnabas Collins in the Warner Bros. Television/John Wells Productions project with Chastain as Carolyn Stoddard, Donovan as Roger Collins, Gould as David Collins and Czuchry as Willie Loomis. The group joins the previously cast Marley Shelton (Victoria Winters) and Ivana Milicevic (Angelique).
Old 03-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Awesome! Go Matt! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] The last I heard he was going Jake 2.0, has that been cancelled or something? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

What's Dark Shadows going to be about?

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 03-29-2004, 06:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>Awesome! Go Matt! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] The last I heard he was going Jake 2.0, has that been cancelled or something? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

What's Dark Shadows going to be about?</STRONG>
Matt actually only appeared in the Pilot of Jake 2.0. He was originally supposed to be a series regular, but for whatever reason, was written out in the second episode.

But regardless, Jake 2.0 has infact been cancelled.

Dark Shadows is actually a remake - the details of which I'm not sure. I'll do some research and let y'all know!
Old 03-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi *waves*

Dark Shadows was a Gothic/Horror Soap Opera that aired in the 60's and 70's.

It was about a young man named Barnabas Collins who was the member of the wealthiest colonial family in Maine, The Collinses, who founded the town the show takes place in, Collins' Port.

Victory Winters is the reincarnation of the woman Barnabas was supposed to marry back in the 1700's. However, he was also lusted after by a powerful witch and family servant, Angelique.

When Angelique was rejected by Barnabas, she cast a spell and damned him to eternity as a vampire. However, there are more to the Collinses than just money. Their family is steeped in withcraft and paranormal activity which makes one wonder what means they went to to make their vast family fortune in the first place.

The show moves on to present day with the family occupying the new Collins estate, Collinwood, while the undead Barnabas lives in the old Collins mansion posing a distant cousin from Europe. The homes are not only occupied by reincarnations of the Collinses and Victory Winters, the nanny, but ghosts from the past (whether they be benevolent or evil), doorways to the past and the ghost of Barnabas' beloved sister who acts as a guide for the youngest Collins son.

How do I know so much about this show? Because my mom was addicted to it when she was a kid. It was super popular in the 60's and 70's and has become a cult classic, with reruns sometimes airing on the Scifi Channel. I also like the old episodes and got to see them on TV.

Also, this isn't the first Dark Shadows remake to air. I remember CBS or NBC doing a decent remake that I watched back in the early 90's, however, it didn't make it.

I'm so happy that Matt is getting so much work. Good for him. Hopefully this will get picked up and it will be good show that will last.

-Martinique
Old 03-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the description Martinique! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] Awesome... I love supernatural stuff. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 03-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

Awsome news! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Life as Mia
Old 03-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi *waves*

You're welcome for the description Silversun. It may have some holes in it cause I did it from memory, but that's pretty much the jist of the show.

Also, I found a website totally dedicated to the part Matt will play. Check out http://www.willieloomis.com for more info on Willie.

-Martinique
Old 04-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Congrats to Matt!
Old 04-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Oh, no! WB, huh? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamie:
<STRONG>Oh, no! WB, huh? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Still better than nothing! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

It's really great to see you here again Jamie - I'm glad you didn't leave us entirely! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 04-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

How's it going with this series?

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Old 04-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Supreme Fan

Congrats Matt! I hope this show will last.

My Thoughts
Old 04-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Love YA and Matt but... following the cancellation of Angel I'm boycotting this decision to start broadcasting an updated version of Dark Shadows (WBs sad attempt to air a cheaper version of Ats).

~E.

icon ♥
Old 05-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Peetch Mälba:
<STRONG>How's it going with this series?</STRONG>
This is what I'm wondering, too. Any news? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 07:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by wolkenfuehlen:
<STRONG>
This is what I'm wondering, too. Any news? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
We'll know in just a few weeks now if it made The WB's schedule!