Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Mark Famiglietti Appreciation #2 - Manboobs or not, we love him!

(by Nicole (street serenade))

Filmography:
"Without a Trace" .... Chris Howe (1 episode, 2008)
- Rewind (2008) .... Chris Howe
"CSI: Miami" .... Charlie Decker (1 episode, 2008)
- Down to the Wire (2008) .... Charlie Decker
Bottle Shock (2008) .... Waiter
Nobel Son (2007) .... Officer Relyea
"Eyes" .... Tim Smits (10 episodes, 2005-2007)
Premonition (2007/I) .... Doug Caruthers
"Cold Case" .... Devon (1 episode, 2006)
- Baby Blues (2006) .... Devon
"CSI: NY" .... Bobby Martin (1 episode, 2006)
- Risk (2006) .... Bobby Martin
Conviction (2005) (TV) .... Chris Maleski
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) .... Scott Petersen
"Fastlane" .... Jarod (2 episodes, 2003)
- Offense (2003) .... Jarod
- 101 (2003) .... Jarod
Full Ride (2002) .... Travis
We Were the Mulvaneys (2002) (TV) .... Mike Mulvaney Jr.
"Hang Time" .... Nick Hammer (28 episodes, 1998-2000)
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" .... Matt Daniels (1 episode, 2000)
- Pledging Mr. Johnson (2000) .... Matt Daniels
"Young Americans" .... Scout Calhoun (8 episodes, 2000)
A Tale of Two Bunnies (2000) (TV) .... Corky
"Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane" .... Brad (1 episode, 1999)
- The Trouble with Jane (1999) .... Brad
Sagamore (1999) (TV) .... Jason

Links:
Capturing Mark - A Mark Famiglietti Screencap Site
(only one link? that's so sad! )

Previous threads:
Mark Famiglietti Appreciation #1
Scout Calhoun

Future thread titles:
??

from the last thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovea (View Post)
Carson Witch Project
Sean and Scout hitchhiked to Carson to find their missing friends. Dusk was upon them, the sun kissing the horizon. It was then that they stumbled upon Bella’s wrecked truck by the side of the road. As they approached the scene of the accident their ride peeled off into the dying light.
The bumper of Bella’s truck hugged the ancient tree that halted its tracks. It was eerily quiet. There were no signs of life in the truck or the woods surrounding it. Even the critters were strangely silent. They looked around to see what has become of their friends but the crumpled truck kept its secret. They started to head back to the road but darkness has won over the light. The deadening silence told them that there wasn’t a vehicle within miles up or down the road.
Suddenly, Sean saw a flickering light not far away. The two young men looked at each other and wordlessly agreed that that was their only option. Slowly they trekked the parched earth covered with a blanket of dried leaves. Silence pressed on them like a tangible wall broken only by the crackling of leaves they trampled underfoot. As they got closer to the light ghostly whispers wafted towards them. They realized it was coming from a decrepit old cabin. Before Scout could take another step closer he felt Sean’s censuring arm on his chest.
“I’m not so sure about this,” Sean said in a low voice.
“They could be in there,” Scout pushed but Sean kept his stance.
“I’ve heard stories about this woods,” he said then shivered in remembrance, “Kids like us, getting lost for days. Some don’t come back but those who do, they came back with stories.”
“Campfire stories,” Scout remarked skeptically.
“They said there was a witch. She took them two by two. While she was torturing one she made the other watch.”
“Torture?”
“She makes them do things, unimaginable things, horrible things. Things a grown man would only do for fear of his life.”
Scout could feel the truth in Sean’s voice. Whatever had him and the rest of the town scared, right now, here in the neck of the woods, seemed all too real.
“Bella and Will,” Scout pushed forward.
“I’m just saying, let’s be careful,” Sean said letting him go.
They crept forward to the walls of the dilapidated cabin. The ghostly whispers ceased throwing everything back into eerie stillness. Armed with nothing but their fading courage they stole silently towards the door. Sean grabbed Scout’s arm before he could reach the door handle.
“Anything that’s not them, we run for it,” Sean whispered.
Scout nodded in agreement and slowly reached for the handle. The door creaked on its hinges. The inside was as much run down as the outside, maybe even more so. Then they saw their friends, just standing there in the middle of the room, their profiles washed in the eerie glow of the fire in the crumbling fireplace. Like the old campfire stories said, they were watching. One of them doing something unimaginable, something a grown man would only do for fear of his life.

“What’s Jake doing in a dress?”
I love that!

I suck at coming up with titles, obviously. If you have any other ideas, or if you have any pretty pictures to add to the OP...

Last edited by wolkenfuehlen; 05-16-2010 at 01:37 PM
Old 02-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
So maybe he broke up with her sometime between Winning and Free Will?
In Winning, Scout said that Paige was confused. In her last scene in Cinderbella, they were still dancing at the cotillion but Scout had that far away look in his eyes. Maybe they talked about what Paige walked in on at the balcony. Scout probably said they weren't anything but still had that lost puppy look in his eyes. That maybe why Paige is confused.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

^ I like that scenario... very plausible.

I love this photo you posted Anja, I never noticed how perfect Mark F's teeth are. : D

Old 02-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Aww, I love the first picture.

More smiley Mark.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Loyal Fan

He really is a good looking guy. I think he was just a bit overshadowed in YA by Ryder and Hamilton's looks.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, love the shoutout to the manboobs
And wow, he does have nice teeth

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 02-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
He really is a good looking guy. I think he was just a bit overshadowed in YA by Ryder and Hamilton's looks.
That and Scout is just nice. Ryder is badass and Hamilton has a very interesting taste. So it's true, nice guys finish last.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I remember writing a pretty long post on Scout once, and my thoughts on his character and what I would have liked to see develop for him if the series had gone on. But I'm too lazy to go looking for it
Old 02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Teri, don't be so lazy!

Quote:
In Winning, Scout said that Paige was confused. In her last scene in Cinderbella, they were still dancing at the cotillion but Scout had that far away look in his eyes. Maybe they talked about what Paige walked in on at the balcony. Scout probably said they weren't anything but still had that lost puppy look in his eyes. That maybe why Paige is confused.
That actually sounds very plausible. It's still sad that she just disappeared though.

Quote:
That and Scout is just nice. Ryder is badass and Hamilton has a very interesting taste. So it's true, nice guys finish last.
Poor Scout!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
Teri, don't be so lazy!
I'll start looking for it. Promise
Old 02-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Forgot to mention, I love the the new thread name!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Found it! I had to wade through the ol' Scout thread but I found some of it. I'm sure I've written more posts rhapsodizing on the potential awesomeness of Scout but for now, here's what I've got:

Old posts:

Quote:
I wonder what Scout will figure out about himself after doing a little soul-searching. Will he find himself following his father's footsteps? Will he pick up painting and join an artist commune? So many opportunities for our little Golden Boy...
Quote:
I definitely agree with you about Scout trying to emulate his father within the confines of Rawley on the show. Scout seems like the micro-manager type and his role on student government would probably lead to all kinds of wacky hijinks (kind of like his dictatorial attempt at RAing in NB)

That being said, I would have loved to have seen him break away from that Greenwich-boy image. I doubt he'd shuck his J. Crew wardrobe and go all BoHo on us but I could see him getting involved in some other passion. Maybe he could turn all that marketing genius of his to some social cause? These are his formative years in terms of personality and he's being exposed to some news things. The whole show is built on class tension so maybe that could affect him in some crucial way. And didn't he mention his dad protesting 'Nam when he was a teenager?

I obviously don't really know where I'm going with this but I guess I just see a sort of idealism in Scout that is borne of a priviledged life and an influential family. Seeing as how New Rawley has taught him the world isn't all sunshine and flowers within the course of one summer, I wouldn't be surprised if he took it upon himself to change it.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Passionate Fan

I only started liking him after reading the continuations. I think without them I wouldn't have ever come around to his character at all.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm thinking that at this point in Scout's life he still hero-worships his dad. He is still under the impression that he's father is "helping" people that's why daddy got into politics. However, the senator's reaction to Bella is the beginning of Scout's rude awakening into what his father really is.

If the series went on, I won't be surprised if they'd have the senator embroiled in some kind of scandal that would seriously affect Scout's impression of his father. It may even totally turn him against "the family business" (i.e. politics).
Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

I can definitely see Scout breaking away from the career his father may have planned for him.

Quote:
If the series went on, I won't be surprised if they'd have the senator embroiled in some kind of scandal that would seriously affect Scout's impression of his father. It may even totally turn him against "the family business" (i.e. politics).
I don't even think it has to be a (political) scandal. I think Scout maybe just needs one more push until the perfect image he has of his father shatters completely. Maybe he could've found out his dad was still cheating on his mum with someone?