Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2020, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

We said a thousand kisses! I hope you are staying safe!

My cousin is nurse so I know how crazy it has been on the front lines.

I was talking to my hair dresser about this and we were saying how this pandemic really has opened a lot of peoples eyes to just how impoartant certain jobs are and that it's about time people see them as essenial.

In the past I have had to worked two jobs at one point and I know what it is like to work minium wage.

I am now working full time. I am very blessed I was not layed off during the COVID lockdown. I still can't believe sometimes I am still getting paid and still working from home. We eventually have to go back to the office in September (Limited hours) but over all I still can't believe it.

It has been so heart breaking to see so many out of work. I have been doing my part to donate the money I have to those in needs. I figured I am lucky to be getting paid the least I can do is to give back to those in need.

Stay safe everyone!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 07-21-2020, 01:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a thousand kisses (View Post)
Kinda creepy the episodes got taken down just before the board closed.
Maybe it's fate

Oh Carmen, your work must be super stressful now Hang in there! I really hope the US get this under control soon, it all seems so insane from over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I was talking to my hair dresser about this and we were saying how this pandemic really has opened a lot of peoples eyes to just how impoartant certain jobs are and that it's about time people see them as essenial.
The frustrating this is that I don't think this mentality will last? Months ago, people here were applauding all the essential workers and praising them left and right, and now that things are slowly getting back to normal it feels like we're just the trash of society again

Erin, I'm glad you managed to keep your job during this tough time and can work from home. You really are quite lucky

Onto happier things, I got myself Disney+ two weeks ago and am now obsessively rewatching all the kids' shows from my childhood. I make great life choices
Old 07-22-2020, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
I'm glad to hear that, Alex

I went out for dinner with a friend a little while ago and it was a super odd experience because they have loads of hygiene measures in place here now.

Hi, Anja! Hi, Kush!

I hope you had a nice dinner. Yeah, it's the same at restaurants where I go to over here.

I got your PM. I'm really sorry to hear that, Anja. Are you absolutely sure this is what you want to do?
Old 07-22-2020, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

Alex, yes we're sure We're not making this decision lightly, and we came to this decision many months ago, before Covid ever existed. It's time and what better way to go out than with a 20 year celebration?
Old 07-22-2020, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hi Kush! How are you?
Doing ok. US really dropped the ball as did my particular state.
But my sister’s wedding is in 9 days now.
...hopefully no rain.

Hey Alex. *wave*
Old 07-23-2020, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

I hope your sister's wedding goes well Have some cake on my behalf!
Old 07-23-2020, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Alex, yes we're sure We're not making this decision lightly, and we came to this decision many months ago, before Covid ever existed. It's time and what better way to go out than with a 20 year celebration?
I guess I can understand that, Anja. I'm just gonna miss you guys.

Oh, and did you message Nina and tell her? She's gonna want to say goodbye.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't yet, no! She hasn't been on here for years, I wasn't sure she'd even see the PM. I'll do it later today.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Has it been years? That's a bit harsh, isn't it... I thought maybe a year or something. Don't leave without me though!

Anja & Sheida - Happy 20th anniversary!!!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-24-2020, 06:46 AM
Elite Fan

It feels like years! But then the first half of 2020 feels like it lasted 5 years already so maybe it's that

Hellooooooo!
Old 07-24-2020, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, there she is, Anja! I hope there's enough time for you to talk before you close the board. Is it closing Saturday or Sunday?
Old 07-24-2020, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Sunday, but I'm not sure exactly when, time-wise.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

It really does feel like a long time. Maybe also because everything about the past three years has been really stressful. 2020 is definitely dragging too.

I'll make sure to stop by again tomorrow and PM you, Anja.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-25-2020, 11:03 AM
Moderator Support Team
enjoy the present

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry
The Resident

Quote:
Maybe it's fate

Oh Carmen, your work must be super stressful now Hang in there! I really hope the US get this under control soon, it all seems so insane from over here.

Onto happier things, I got myself Disney+ two weeks ago and am now obsessively rewatching all the kids' shows from my childhood. I make great life choices
The timing is totally eerie It is super insane, I am not watching the news these days, it it is too depressing. There have been a couple of cases at my work, but they are always running out of tests so who knows how many of us have or have had it. None of the residents have symptoms, thankfully. Hope it stays that way.

Disney+ is the best. Great distraction right now.

Last day for the board. Jerry usually closes the boards earlier in the morning US time.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:29 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe today is our last day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a thousand kisses (View Post)
Disney+ is the best. Great distraction right now.
I really don't care for all the "new content" they're producing for it, but yes give me all the kids' shows and movies I watched, thank you.

I hope you can continue to stay as safe as possible at work, Carmen!