Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2019, 02:46 AM
Elite Fan

^Scandalous!

Thanks Alex, I had a good time!

I've gotten so many of my shows cancelled for no reason long before streaming ever came around, so and you could always hook up your Netflix to your TV if you wanted... but to each their own
I buy so many DVDs, but sometimes I just wanna see if I'm gonna like a show, and I don't want to spend my money on the DVD if I might end up hating it.

We finished You're The Worst and that finale was one of the best ever
Old 04-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Illegal downloading, huh Sheida? Well, that works for some people. I don't like making my virus protection work too hard.

You're welcome, Anja. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

Yeah, I know that smart TVs can hook up to Netflix, but you still have to subscribe. I have Xfinity On Demand with my cable provider, so that's good enough for me. I don't wanna pay more for all those subscriptions, and I don't believe in cord cutting because people who do that are gonna regret it later on.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:13 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Alex What else is up with you? Any shows you've been enjoying lately?
Old 04-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Anja.

Nothing much. Most of my shows are over now. The Gifted will probably get cancelled due to the Fox/Disney merger, I'm waiting to see if Manifest gets a second season(which it probably will), This Is Us just finished its 3rd season, and everything else I watch either ended or is gonna end. At least my baseball team, the Philadelphia Phillies, is doing well. I also watch Mom on CBS. I've given up on The CW. The Arrowverse shows have all disappointed me, and I'm even thinking of giving up Riverdale as well.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

I think I watch none of your shows Well I watched the first seaosn of This is Us but haven't had the motivation to continue yet. So you're still enjoying Manifest? If it sticks around I might give that a shot
Old 04-09-2019, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
I think I watch none of your shows Well I watched the first seaosn of This is Us but haven't had the motivation to continue yet. So you're still enjoying Manifest? If it sticks around I might give that a shot
Yes I am. I hope you get a chance to watch it, Anja.

Well, we can't all agree on the same shows. But for some reason, we have more channels and choices than ever before, and less good stuff to watch, ironically. I miss the 80s and 90s when TV shows were more of an event that everyone watched together.

Oh, and Shadowhunters is also ending. Man, we really need some good TV to come along again. I resent all this streaming stuff.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

I keep forgetting about Shadowhunters! So far Sheida hasn't forced me to continue that, let's see how long that lasts.

I am super hyped for Game of Thrones to start this weekend, although I am prepared for disappointment
Old 04-11-2019, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I get what you're saying about TV being more of an event but I think that doesn't mean the quality was better, there was just less of it so chances were everyone was watching the same thing whereas now, it's almost reached oversaturation which is a shame cause there's no time to watch everything yet some of it is quite good.

I wouldn't necessarily call Shadowhunters good TV though

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 04-12-2019, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

^Yeah, that's true. Also... I know I'm certainly guilty of watching mediocre shows that I didn't really love just because I had nothing else to watch in the past, so as bad as this oversaturation of shows is, I think it also makes you prioritize more, if that makes sense? I know I'm much more likely to give up on shows now than I was a few years ago. If I don't enjoy it, thank u next. There's another dozen decent shows just waiting for their turn.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish I had gotten into Game of Thrones when it first came on, Anja. I was watching a lot of other stuff by then and I never got around to it. Now I'll have to play catch up on all the seasons if I ever do wanna get into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
I get what you're saying about TV being more of an event but I think that doesn't mean the quality was better, there was just less of it so chances were everyone was watching the same thing whereas now, it's almost reached oversaturation which is a shame cause there's no time to watch everything yet some of it is quite good.
Well, the quality was always affected by what TV was allowed to do, Sheida. I think that TV in the 80s and 90 got progressively better as shows began pushing the envelope more and more, and I also think that even though there were fewer channels, there were more people watching the shows than now. Now there's all these channels, and you're right, there's oversaturation as people find themselves with too many choices and no one can watch all of those shows because there's little time. And while I agree that some of it is quite good, I don't think that all of it is that much better than what we had before. I think the only difference now is that there are more channels and more shows, but quality-wise I think things have actually gone downhill. I agree with you about Shadowhunters, for example. I think that both Freeform and The CW have shows that aren't very good and are geared more towards demographics than towards good writing. And shows tend to get cancelled a lot quicker these days, and even the shows that last tend to have their writing suffer due to mismanagement and bad decisions.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I wish I had gotten into Game of Thrones when it first came on, Anja. I was watching a lot of other stuff by then and I never got around to it. Now I'll have to play catch up on all the seasons if I ever do wanna get into it.
I mean at least the seasons are short and it's only what, 70 episodes? You could potentially catch up on that before the finale airs in six weeks
Old 04-13-2019, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
I mean at least the seasons are short and it's only what, 70 episodes? You could potentially catch up on that before the finale airs in six weeks
If I get enough time to binge all that, I'll do my best.

Also, Westworld season 3 might start filming soon, and I don't know when it's gonna air. But I'm not that excited about it after the way season 2 went.

One miniseries I'm looking forward to is Chernobyl. That looks really intense.

Old 04-14-2019, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, it's sad that you're not that excited for Westworld anymore, I remember you loved it a lot! Maybe season 3 will surprise you and be better than season 2?

Oh the Chernobyl trailer does look intense! Let's hope the actual show lives up to that.

I'm finally gonna get started on Quicksand today
Old 04-15-2019, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, let's just say the William/Dolores storyline really disappointed me, Anja. I'll have to wait and see if season 3 renews my interest.

I know, right? Chernobyl looks a lot scarier than any horror movie that's come out recently. It's a five part miniseries on HBO and it comes out next month. I'm definitely gonna watch that. I hope the show is as good as the trailer.

What's Quicksand?
Old 04-15-2019, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

Aw I'm sad to hear that Alex I could never properly get into the show myself sadly.

Please remind me about the Chernobyl show next month? I know I'm gonna forget about it otherwise

Quicksand is a new Swedish miniseries, by the creators of The Bridge,
but sadly it wasn't as good as I hoped I think I was supposed to like and feel bad for the main character but I didn't