Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2018, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

The Lonely Hearts Club (OT Thread) #46 - Let's hope summer lasts forever!

(last thread)
(please copy this OP when restarting the thread. thanks!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lethe's Bramble* (View Post)
I'm sure it's *at least* ten years, probably more. Not sure where we first met. I was thinking about that too. It could be here but I had a time at I would post just about anywhere so not sure. Maybe the QAF board?
Oh, it might've been on QAF! That was one of the few boards (apart from YA and Ian) that I kinda posted on regularly, at least for a while there

Quote:
I am leaving on my birthday actually, next Wednesday. Since a few years I don't like celebrating my birthday but my family always pressures me into it which makes me feel bad actually. So this year I said screw them and bought a ticket outta here. Literally :evil_grin:
I feel you! I think the older you get, the less fun it is to actually celebrate your birthday? Not because of the age, but just because there's so much pressure that comes with it, you have to host the party and prepare everything and ... nope I escaped to India last year to get out of celebrating my birthday

Quote:
Does that mean you are joining my team of ladies loving ladies ? But I agree, a lot of powerful men who do such things which makes me think if they are a product of their environment.
Haha, I wish I could and yes, they're definitely a product of their environment, but that doesn't exactly excuse it, I suppose. Some men have to suffer the downfall now so hopefully we as a society can break the cycle of toxic masculinity and create an environment that doesn't make most men abusers in some way

Westworld update for Alex and whoever else cares: I finished the first season! and I will definitely not be watching season two.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new one Anja.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:31 AM
Elite Fan

You're welcome

I'm finally catching up on The Americans s6 before the final this week. I'm gonna miss this show so much!
Old 05-28-2018, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

loving the title!!

Yeah, for some reason I think it's the QAF board where we met. I miss gay shows like that on TV. The L Word is being rebooted but so far no news on when it will actually air.

Been watching Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten vids on youtube about Anni and Jasmin. Good way to brush up on my German. you know, for when we meet.

Each year I get the birthday blues the day before my birthday and the pressure of my family prevented me of shaking it off. Today I feel like I might escape that tomorrow seeing as I will be too busy packing and hugging my cats before I leave on Wednesday. :-D

And about men well preaching to the chior here. Hopefully they'll take down all the bad eggs so the good ones remain. No excuses. In Belgium we had a similar thing happen with a mighty man and he got a lot of support but the network fired him anyways. I was appalled by the support he got and the backlash the woman got for speaking out even though she remained anonymous. Good riddance. Although I am sure he will get a lot of support once he will try to have a comeback on TV. Even women supported him.

Is Alex the character played by Evan Rachel Wood on Westworld? I really do want to watch that show for her. She's and I love her tweets!
Old 05-28-2018, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

I really wish we'd get some news about The L Word reboot soon! Even just a general idea of when we can expect it to be released would be enough for me right now and I didn't even know GZSZ was having a gay storyline again! I'm so out of the loop when it comes to German tv

I hope you don't catch birthday blues tomorrow then! Give your cats an extra hug from me

Evan Rachel Wood is the main girl, Dolores on Westworld. She's so pretty, but I wasn't feeling her character a lot Maybe it was that god-awful Southern accent If you only want to watch the show for her though....... she's not in it that much. There's a lot of storylines happneing and a lot of other characters need screentime
Old 05-28-2018, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

I'm detecting a little bit of a gay vibe within you just waiting to come out.

Not sure if it's new storyline or an old one. I just found it on youtube while watching Flozmin scenes.

I figured there would be lots of storylines but that's ok. I did catch glimpses of the show and I think it has potential. or am I wrong?

ETA: I hug my cats every day but I will tell them one of them is coming from you.

ETA2: Found some goodies on tumblr and felt like sharing for my your viewing pleasure.

I need to find myself an Anni to look at me like that.

Last edited by *Lethe's Bramble*; 05-28-2018 at 03:02 PM
Old 05-29-2018, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

I think I'm the wrong person to ask about Westworld, I really didn't enjoy it But everyone else seems to think it's a freaking masterpiece, so give it a shot I guess?

I'm not sure when's gonna be the last time you stop by before your trip, so just in case: I hope you have the best time!! and please come back safely
Old 05-29-2018, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I second that. Please be safe.

Did I mention that i really don't like working in this heat.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

I can imagine I love hot weather, but the store is a freaking sauna in these temperatures
Old 05-29-2018, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

I'll see for myself. I have special reasons why I like or dislike a show. Sometimes one specific actor is enough to make me like it sometimes it's just not.

Of course I'll be here till I leave tomorrow. I have to be at the airport by 11 am, I sort of checked the flights and I think I know where I am going. Then again, it's a different city than yesterday so who knows. Same country though.

I am currently obsessed with Gute Zeiten Schlechte Zeiten Well, Anni and Jasmin. Not a lot of video's on youtube with English subs so I'm watching it with spanish subs. Good thing I know a bit of both languages so it helps getting what they are saying and I am brushing up on my languages so it's a win-win.

I feel like I we need more gifs on this thread.

Also, I hate packing.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:13 AM
Elite Fan

Happy birthday Nath! I hope you're already on the way to the airport, and you're gonna have a great time on your vacation!

I actually quite enjoy packing, I've already started pre-packing for my trip to Berlin and Prague
Old 06-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you!! It was a good sunny trip. Ended up in Vilnius Lithuania as you probably saw on facebook. It had pretty parks and seeing as it was so sunny I spend a lot of time in them.

So pre-packing? That's a thing? How does that work? I usually pack an hour before going to bed the day before my trips.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Aw yay, I'm glad you had fun! I don't think I'd ever put Lithuania at the top of my travel destination list, but it sounds lovely, actually! and you had time to relax and you managed to evade a big family birthday, win win!

I make a packing list 2 weeks or so before the trip, and I've already packed most of my toiletries now, and all my tickets, and I'm gonna get started on clothes this weekend
Old 06-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I never get her with pre-packing. Packing is the worst for me and anything close to 3 hours ahead of me leaving is not happening.

I am just glad that she is the organised one.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking at the stars (View Post)
I never get her with pre-packing. Packing is the worst for me and anything close to 3 hours ahead of me leaving is not happening.

I am just glad that she is the organised one.

Who is she? You mean Anja?

Lithuania was on my list but mostly because I like saying it and I want to visit all the countries that participate in Eurovision. Especially the ones that have good songs. Lithuania had a funny song back in 2009 I think. Lemme youtube it very quickly for you guys.

So it was 2006:

It was nice having some time to myself. I actually lost myself in the book I was reading and spend a lot of time just reading outside in parks and on benches. Maybe not the most tourist-y thing to do but the book was just too good to put down.

I spent a lot of time here reading:

The scenery was very pretty though:

It was also very very hot, like 29 degrees. The weather in Belgium currently sucks.

When are you leaving for your trips again? I used to make lists but then I never looked at them so I stopped making them because what's the point.

So GZSZ is teaching me funny German words! Tussi Watching this show makes me want to visit Berlin.