Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

The Lonely Hearts Club (OT Thread) #45 - Finding new obsessions on a daily basis!

(last thread)
(please copy this OP when restarting the thread. thanks!)

Last post from the old thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, Anja! Hi, Nath!

Sorry for brining up all these other fanbases, Anja. But this is the OT thread, you know.

Oh, I know that Sara's bisexuality has nothing to do with her not being in a steady relationship, Nath. I meant the writers do tend to show her being a tad overly promiscuous. I mean, seducing the woman of 15th century Salem, Massachusetts? I think those women would be a bit too pious for that. And that's kinda stupid considering it's bound to get you burned at the stake. Claire Fraser was smarter than that on Outlander. But I mean, even Oliver Queen wasn't hooking up with women on such a frequent basis, and he was "party boy Queen." But my point is that while I like that Sara is a strong figure and leader, I do notice the male writers still writing her from that male perspective, you know? Do you know that Wonder Woman creator William Marston based his character on both his wife, and his and his wife's female lover with whom they lived with? Gnarly.

And I think that Oliver was able to handle Sara quite well. So was Snart, but sadly he never got a chance with her. Caity Lotz still thinks it's a shame that never went anywhere. I get it, it's Wentworth. Who isn't taken by Michael Scofield?

And as for the stats, I was referring to a census taken by Pew Research Center which showed that over 80% of respondents who identified as bisexual said they were in a relationship with a person of the opposite sex, whereas less than 9% said they were in a same-sex relationship. It's on the internet.

Oh, I'm well aware of the stigma that bisexual women have in the lesbian community, and mostly for the reasons I just outlined. I imagine many lesbians don't trust them because they don't wanna get burned. They still remember the Anne Heche incident. But I guess it's understandable. I once spoke with a woman who's a lesbian on YouTube and she also mentioned how frustrating it is to see women in Hollywood who identify as bi but end up with boyfriends or husbands. She said it's why she'd prefer to see more lesbians represented instead of bi women.

Their names are Rose and Rosie? Really? They're not making those names up?

I didn't mean I minded you guys talking about Supergirl etc, don't worry I just have very little to add to that

I've heard of Rosie and Rose, but I already watch too many other YouTubers But Nath, I recently got into Jessica's vlogs, initially because I was watching stuff from deaf/hard of hearing creators. She and her wife seem super lovely! In case you're interested
Old 12-14-2017, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread, Anja! Well, I don't watch Supergirl unless there's a crossover. I just know the other characters because I watch those shows.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Well I don't like or watch any superhero/comic stuff so I vaguely know who the actors are from seeing their faces on tumblr, but that's about it
Old 12-14-2017, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

Oh but you must Anja! The shows are pretty good. My favourite is actually Supergirl, then Arrow, then The Flash and then Legends.

Bt I am a sucker for chicks with superpowers. I blame Buffy.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If what I've heard is true, then I'm about to quit the Arrowverse shows completely, Nath. From day one, one of the best things about The Flash that made season one hands down the best season was Caitlin Snow. Her chemistry with Barry, Danielle's chemistry with Grant and the rest of the cast, her importance to the team at STAR Labs and to Barry as his right hand girl - the voice in his head when he's in the field, the one who patched him up and saved his life every time he'd nearly get killed by a metahuman, her having his back in the field and being each other's emotional support - all made her not only irreplaceable, but the best female character on the show.

Now I've heard that Caitlin might be moving to Legends of Tomorrow so that Killer Frost can replace Firestorm on the Waverider. So no more Caitlin on The Flash, but we're still gonna get plenty of that other character whose name I won't mention.

Edit: Okay, the rumors were false, thank God. Danielle Panabaker/Caitlin Snow is not the character moving to Legends of Tomorrow. From on-set photos taken in November, it's apparently gonna be this character:

Spoiler:

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 12-14-2017 at 05:55 PM
Old 12-15-2017, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread

I'm a bit behind on The Flash so I can't really comment on recent developments but I think we're on opposing sides of the fandom anyways cause I'm ... not a fan of Caitlin

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 12-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lethe's Bramble* (View Post)
Oh but you must Anja! The shows are pretty good. My favourite is actually Supergirl, then Arrow, then The Flash and then Legends.
Nah, superhero stuff isn't for me I'm glad you're all enjoying it though!
Old 12-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Did you watch Buffy Anja?

Alex I could never quit a show! Once I start watching it, I am sticking with it to the end. I've been waiting for 4 years for them to cancel Grey's Anatomy.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's nice to know, Sheida.

I'm sorry about all the superhero stuff, Anja. I'm a hopeless comic book geek so I do get a little carried away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lethe's Bramble* (View Post)
Did you watch Buffy Anja?

Alex I could never quit a show! Once I start watching it, I am sticking with it to the end. I've been waiting for 4 years for them to cancel Grey's Anatomy.
Oh, I can, Nath. I quit The Walking Dead after they killed off Andrea, who is Rick's girlfriend and lead female character in the comics, but the show just wasted her and tossed her aside. I'm glad the head writer responsible got fired, but I couldn't continue with the show after that. I also gave up on The Flash because that show just keeps getting worse and worse because of a certain character whom I won't mention. I stick with the shows that give me a reason to stick with them, Nath. I haven't given up on Arrow, and I'm still watching Legends. My favorite new shows are This Is Us, Riverdale, and The Gifted.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

^I quit The Walking Dead after I had to suffer through a whole season of them sitting on a farm doing nothing but talk about their feelings when there's a zombie apocalypse happening right in front of their noses so maybe rethink your priorities, gang!
I usually try to stick with shows, though, but sometimes they just turn too much into a waste of my time

Nath, of course I watched Buffy!!
Old 12-16-2017, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

I could never watch The Walking Dead. Zombies scare me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
^I quit The Walking Dead after I had to suffer through a whole season of them sitting on a farm doing nothing but talk about their feelings when there's a zombie apocalypse happening right in front of their noses so maybe rethink your priorities, gang!
Yes, like orgies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)

Nath, of course I watched Buffy!!
Thank Joss or you and I couldn't be friends anymore!
Old 12-16-2017, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello.
I hate Caitlin Snow with the passion of a thousand burning suns. Her elitist irrelevant self who doesn't get called out for anything.

I do love Iris West.

Sorry not sorry

Goodbye.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

^ I think you and Alex are just have to agree to disagree on this and let it rest.

I made the first batch of Christmas cookies today, finally. They're so tasty
Old 12-16-2017, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Y'all should just drop shows you don't like and yes, Anja, I'm looking at you and Broad City like there's literally a new GOOD show coming every single week, it's just bizarre to feel compelled to watch something you're not enjoying (and that's my resolution for 2018, which is why I'm gonna spend the rest of the year finishing trash I can't leave unfinished )

Kush - I wouldn't go so far as to say a thousand suns but to me she was always the weak link of the show, doesn't help that Danielle isn't as good an actress as the rest of the cast

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 12-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

I promise I won't continue Broad City but funny that you're saying that now when I'm suffering through Dark and 9 episodes in I still don't get the point of it all

...does that mean we don't have to watch Shadowhunters anymore?