Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2004, 05:23 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

life before and after YA - where they were, where they are now

After just 8 episodes, the show left a mark and started a saga which will never be forgotten... Anyway, although I could say that there isn't life after YA, for the actors--life goes on. Besides, YA lives on...and on. So after four years, where are the YA stars?

Lena- Tuck Everlasting (2002)
Caroline- Boston Public (2002), Bourne Supremacy
Will- Learning Curves
Finn- Starship Troopers 2
Bella- Beyond the Sea
Scout-T3
Jake- The L Word (Shane), Invitation to a Suicide(Eva)
Hamilton- Lost (Boone)
Ryder- QAF, Abandon, The Yank(?)

from the list above, I think I could say that there is life after the filming of YA...but will the show or the actors ever be replaced?...i don't think so...no... and for my case, the jahammer love continues, i'm hoping i could see them work together again...and again....and again.

ed: i forgot ryder... (was nicholas nickelby good?)

Last edited by nki; 09-04-2004 at 05:41 AM
Old 09-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

There definitely is a life after YA, but I don't think all of the YA actors have a great career right now. Kate M and Ian are main characters of new tv shows, Charlie and Kate B are working on new movies, and Michelle is in Bourne Supremacy right now and has lots of new projects. They are becoming more and more sucessful, even though they're not as well-known as Brad Pitt for example. But people that are really interested in tv shows and movies might know who they are. But what about Mark, Ed, Rodney and "Lena"(I don't even know her real name.)? Even though Mark was in T3, I don't think many people know him. And Rodney? He has made a guest-appearance on almost every tv show, but besides that, there isn't much to talk about. Don't get me wrong, you know I love them all. But I think there are two groups of YA actors, the ones that were able to start a career after YA and are now kinda well-known, and the ones that...well, weren't able to do that.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Re: Life after YA> where are they now?

I do agree. There's a life after YA for all the actors. And how much have they changed? Ian and both Kate's I think they look like the same but Mark is quite different. Well just my opinion after watching him in T3.

And Charlie... definitely hot in Nicholas Nichelby. It was weird to see him playing the good guy though!

Jahammer love will continue forever!

Quote:
Originally posted by nki
from the list above, I think I could say that there is life after the filming of YA...but will the show or the actors ever be replaced?...i don't think so...no... and for my case, the jahammer love continues, i'm hoping i could see them work together again...and again....and again.

ed: i forgot ryder... (was nicholas nickelby good?)
Old 09-04-2004, 06:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have found this:

"The show (Gilmore Girls 5 season) will kick off its fifth season on September 21, 2004 with Matt Czuchry (Young Americans) joining the cast as Rory's new love interest."

This is the page: TWIZ TV Gilmore Girls Transcripts
Old 09-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

WoHoo go Matt thanks for the info

Orton

Old 09-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ainhoa
I have found this:

"The show (Gilmore Girls 5 season) will kick off its fifth season on September 21, 2004 with Matt Czuchry (Young Americans) joining the cast as Rory's new love interest."
Awesome! Thanks for the news!

I reckon Kate B got the sweetest deal out of all of them. Loads of movies plus Orlando Bloom to boot?

Charlie, Kate M and Ian are all doing pretty well, too. I feel sorry for the rest of the cast though.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 09-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ainhoa
I have found this:

This is the page: TWIZ TV Gilmore Girls Transcripts
Go Matt! This is awesome!
Old 09-10-2004, 10:37 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

for matt, i wonder how he looks like right now.

the l word season 1 dvd has been released(why can't some people be as nice as them when it comes to dvd's?), and season2 is on its way, (or has it started already?) anyway, i haven't seen it but hopefully, i could get the dvd...
love her hair...i think she could go bald ala gi jane and still look good...

Last edited by nki; 09-10-2004 at 10:43 AM
Old 09-11-2004, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

Katherine looks so hot in that cap that I feel lesbian tendencies coming on. No fair! I want The L Word to screen in New Zealand!

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 09-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

Are they still not airing it? Poor you.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm glad they're all doing well. I'd love to see Kate B cross over once in a while to do some tv work, and also to see my favourite Kate M do more movies.

I swear I saw the second eppie of the L Word yesterday, no offence, but my girl, sure does look wolvish - I mean that in a nice way, let me explain - her gaze is reall intense and hungry , and her eye make-up is so startling, that whenever she's on screen, my gaze is immediately attracted to her eyes, her stare, which can be quite bold and intriguing at times. Man, the girl also sure has some abs - she sure is taking yoga seriously
Old 09-14-2004, 03:18 PM
nki
Absolute Fan

...and she sure has the best talent of making us ..(at times, making me question myself...ian or kate? hmmm...)
Old 09-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nki
...and she sure has the best talent of making us ..(at times, making me question myself...ian or kate? hmmm...)
No contest, Kate M all the way
Old 09-14-2004, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

I've never seen the 'L' Word, but I heard Kate Moennig is great. The best success story in my eyes however, is Kate Bosworth. And not just because of Orlando Bloom. I'd like to see a lot more of Rodney and Mark just because they're hot.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 09-16-2004, 12:32 PM
nki
Absolute Fan

Where's Rodney anyway? The last time I saw him was with.....Young Americans.