Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Less fave character from YA

Hope it's okay to reopen this thread since I couldn't find it from the last time.

Okay, the character I didn't like too much was Bella. I think she didn't play fair with Scout and Sean.

Anyone else?
Old 06-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronakat
Okay, the character I didn't like too much was Bella. I think she didn't play fair with Scout and Sean.
Agreed. I don't think she really cared about any of them. She chose Sean just because she couldn't have Scout, and she didn't seem to mind too much that her and Scout were apparently related, otherwise she might have tried to find out if it was actually true.

I never liked Caroline. She fell for Ryder's lies, though she must have heard about him and his reputation. Why Will could ever fall in love with her is beyond me.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Caroline was fine with me. I think she was a little too much hard with Will but after that incident she played cool. What about Paige?
Old 06-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Extreme Fan

All the characters were interesting in their own ways, but I didn't like Ryder much
Old 06-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

I personally thought Ryder was completely interesting and funny.

Hmm, I always felt a bit sorry for Paige. She's been in love with Scout for so long, and he kinda starts dating her, but he never really wants to be with her. He's completely in love with Bella, and Paige know that.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Where do I start?

Off the top of my head, Grace and Paige.

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 07-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brekkon
Where do I start?

Off the top of my head, Grace and Paige.
I second that.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

I always liked Grace - or rather the vision I have of Grace. That she's actually quite nice and just bitter, and that's why she's such a . But canon!Grace wasn't that likeable, I have to agree.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

I kinda liked Grace too . She was quite a bad ass, she knew Joe's and had no issues when dealing with New Rawley or townie kids. Bella was too sweet for me so Grace was good sideback for her.

Paige, well, she never gave up with Scout and was really honest with Bella and her feelings about Scout. And Bella wasn't.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:21 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

I'll probably have to go with Bella, too. Too many cliché/s involved with the character. The townie, girl next door, captures the heart of the Rawley boy, childhood bestfriend, girlfriend, possible incest storyline, daddy's girl, the good kid, longing for her mom, trying to know who her real father was, "monkey grease", Cinderella.

I think they wanted to come up with a strong character, but I think all of those storylines mixed in only one identity really wouldn't work. They could have toned it down a bit. And what was her flaw, as a person? I'm not sure she had one. She had fears and problems, like everyone, but were there things that would make her incompatible with anyone? A little less likeable? Or did she just got along with everyone else?

I think she was 'perfect', in a way. She played safe. Hey, maybe that's her flaw. I don't know, she's just simply confusing. Sean, Scout, how about Will?

Last edited by nki; 07-10-2006 at 03:27 AM
Old 08-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

I could really dislike Bella (also her name), but Kate Bosworth was really good, and she gave a nice performance, IMO. I agree that her character wasn't very original, but Kate sold it for me.

I would have to say I don't like Paige or Caroline, however looking back they were just reactionary characters, and I think if the show had been continued we could've seen more of them.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 09-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

I quite agree with Shannon. Bella wasn't a very likable character but Kate did a good job.

Caroline was fine for me and would have been nice how these supporting characters interact with the main ones in other episodes. Most of all I did like Lena. She was pretty honest with everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Shannon* (View Post)
I could really dislike Bella (also her name), but Kate Bosworth was really good, and she gave a nice performance, IMO. I agree that her character wasn't very original, but Kate sold it for me.

I would have to say I don't like Paige or Caroline, however looking back they were just reactionary characters, and I think if the show had been continued we could've seen more of them.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronakat (View Post)
Caroline was fine for me and would have been nice how these supporting characters interact with the main ones in other episodes.
I agree with that. I guess we would've seen many different aspects of the supporting characters if they had been able to interact with many different characters. But since the show only aired for such a short time we only saw Caroline with Will and Ryder, and what I saw there I somehow didn't like. *sigh*

I agree about Lena. She was cool, and just seemed to get everything. She knew that Jake and Ham were supposed to be together, and even though she was in love with them she helped them get together.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Lena was cool, kinda funny and edgy.

I didn't like the first guy they cast as Bella's dad, he was sort of awkward.
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 09-07-2006, 02:21 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

Yeah, it's a good thing they found the right Mr. Banks...after 3 attempts. I guess 3's a charm.