Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ah these two.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

I posted the pics on the thread suggested. Thanks, wolkenfuehlen! I'd love to see the website for all of the other
Gathering pictures if anyone knows the link, if it still exists.
Sorry for the delay, I'm having trouble finding all of my YA stuff!
I put up what I found so far. Hope it's not too disappointing!

JaHammer #200
Old 08-29-2012, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

It's not disappointing at all! Thanks so much! The old gatherings website isn't online anymore, no. I'm 99%ly sure it was hosted on nbhorn.com, which one can still access via archive.org, but I can't seem to locate the gatherings subsite. (I love browsing the old nbhorn.com site though. It makes me so nostalgic. )
Old 08-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Loyal Fan

(1) YA Gatherings website; (2) "Behind the scenes" clip

YAfanantic - Thanks for the pictures you posted on the other thread. I replied there.

Anja,

I've found the YA Gatherings page of www.nbhorn.com as preserved on Archive.org. I chose to look at the site as it was in October 2003.

The YA Gatherings page, as it appears then, is here: YA Gathering.

And it's very interesting. I didn't know this website had ever existed.

Anja, Sheida, may I ask you please to add a link to this archived site to this board's "Links" thread?
LATER ...
Maybe the most interesting thing on the nbhorn.com site is this:
Kate and Ian - Young Americans - Young Americans Behind the Scenes Hosted By Ian Somerhalder
It seems to be a "Behind the scenes with Young Americans" clip made by AOL's "Entertainment Asylum." One needs RealPlayer to watch it. Can anyone view it? I can't.

I suspect that clip might be the source of the footage of the cut JaHammer scene from episode 5 that turned up in the 2010 TV Guide clip on Somerhalder it its "Cast of LOST before they became TV stars." There are some still-photo captures from it posted on what's left of the old "Photographing jujubees" YA fansite, here: http://www.geocities.ws/photographin...es/ianaol.html. Note that Ian's wearing the same hideous brown shirt that he wears in YA episode 7 and in the talk he gives in the 2010 TV Guide segment.

So much for my notion that there's extra YA footage archived somewhere to which TV Guide got access. They just got their paws on this old AOL clip.

Last edited by Finnegan; 08-30-2012 at 11:23 PM
Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

It had occured to me later that maybe I should've tried out adding the index.html to the url. Glad you found it! Will add it (and a link to the general nbhorn site) in a moment.

The video doesn't work for me either. I'd presume the actual source of the video isn't archived/is no longer available.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you wolkenfuehlen and Finnegan for informing me that the page existed and for the link! I'm the one with the multi-colored hair and the gray and black t-shirt haha I don't look anything like that now.

JaHammer #200
Old 09-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Elite Fan

Well it has been more than a decade! But you're looking good there nevertheless
Old 09-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks wolkenfuehlen, you're very kind to say that!

I know all of you JaHammers have the list of members, but have you ever seen the
list of The Official JaHammer Songs compiled by the earliest members?

There are, of course, songs from the favorite Jake/Hamilton moments,
and then others chosen by members because they reminded them of Jake/Ham/both.

Here it is, in case anyone is interested:

Six Pacs - The Getaway People
Iris - The Goo Goo Dolls
Reflection - Christina Aguilera
Have a Little Faith In Me - John Hiatt
Maddest Kind of Love - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Sail Away - David Gray
Pink Moon - Nick Drake
Please Forgive Me - David Gray
I Try - Macy Gray
Fernando - ABBA
Goodbye - Crash Poets
What You Wish For - Guster
Let's Talk About Sex - Salt N Pepa
There's a Drug - Kari Wuhrer
Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

I spent most of 2000-2001 listening to the CD someone made for me on repeat. Such happy memories.

JaHammer #200
Old 09-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

You can call me Anja, btw. Thanks for sharing that song list! I might've seen it somewhere back in the day, but already forgotten all about it. So many good songs on there! I am forever in love with "Iris", it is the perfect Jahammer song.

What I do remember is the Jahammer Bible that was also up on nbhorn's site. I think I might've even saved it...somewhere. Gotta check.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Anja, I vaguely recall the JaHammer Bible. Please let me know if you do locate it.

I've been listening to the songs daily since I posted the song list. My obsession is returning!
So of course I had to watch some episodes. I had forgotten how funny Jake is in "Winning Isn't Everything."

YA makes me feel like a teenager again.

JaHammer #200
Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't had a chance to look for it yet...! I gotta figure out where I backed up all my old YA files But I'll try to check on the weekend

I should make myself a YA playlist to listen to every day.... the show had some of the best music

I'm glad you've started rewatching!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
I haven't had a chance to look for it yet...! I gotta figure out where I backed up all my old YA files But I'll try to check on the weekend
Oh, no rush at all! I understand misplacing things. I still haven't located some of my YA stuff I've been looking for. Probably won't until I'm packing my things to move in a couple months.

JaHammer #200
Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, where are you moving to? It's always amazing how many things you stumble upon when you gotta pack/unpack everything
Old 09-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Loyal Fan

The JaHammer theme music

YAfanatic,

The list of JaHammer songs that you cite excludes the most important piece of JaHammer music - perhaps because it's not a song but an instrumental-only piece: Hans Zimmer's "You're So Cool" from the film, True Romance.

It's an adaptation of Carl Orff's Gassenhauer nach Hans Neusiedler, which in turn is a multi-part xylophone adadptation of a 16th century lute rendition of a tune Neusiedler heard during the German renaissance.

It's played dozens of times during YA, as the theme tune not only for the JaHammer scenes but also for the rowing scenes, as well as during the previous episode recaps. That underscores that Antin was well aware of the centrality of the JaHammer story-line to YA.

YA's rendition of "You're So Cool" is slower and lower than the version of it in True Romance. Presumably the modifications were done with a synthesizer. I've been thinking of making a YouTube clip with all the footage during which that's played, strung together. And to do the same thing for another, unknown instrumental piece also played repeatedly during YA (described on this board's "Music of YA" thread).