Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2008, 09:23 PM
New Fan

If there had been a season 2...

...how do you think it would have been?

I would have liked it to be like this:

1. Everyone decides to keep Jake's gender a secret. Jake returns to Rawley Boys and moves into the same dorm as Hamilton.

2. Bella and Scout find out they're NOT related, but feel obligated to stay with Sean and Paige (respectively) even though they really want to be together!

3. Can't think of anything for Will. Marries Finn now that same-sex marriage is ok? lol
Old 09-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Ahh, what could've been...

It would've been amusing to watch the gang go through a few hijinks in order to prevent Jake from being found out. Kind of like in Winning Isn't Everything, but with the entire group trying to cover her back.

Or maybe she'd get kicked out of Rawley Boys, but be admitted to Rawley Girls. Maybe she'd give up the boy-charade and make another bizzare attempt for her mother's attention. Like the first season was the cross-dressing stunt, and this imaginary second season was some completely odd, unrelated stunt. And that would be, like, her thing.

I would've liked more bitchiness between Jake/Ham and Ryder. The last time we ever see Ryder is when Hamilton punches him. I think Ryder would've made both of them pay for that in some way.

Also I have a theory that instead of Scout and Bella, Scout and Jake were totally siblings(which is weird because in the New Beginnings universe I totally shipped Jake/Scout...in fact I'm still torn up over the end of that. )

I like to think the reason Bella and Scout tortured themselves over everything was because a few days after meeting they had to stop their relationship. What's that saying? You only want what you can't have. I think if they hadn't been stopped they would've soon found that what they had was an ordinary teenage romance. Intensely felt, but ultimately fleeting.

What I would've liked to happen is Scout and Bella dump their respective partners to be together, find that the spark that was once there is gone and then have Bella actually work in order to get into the good graces of Sean again because she realizes what she had with him was It. The first season it was like most everyone fell for her. Second season it would've been refreshing to see her chase someone who tries to dodge her. And I say Sean because...well, I like them as a couple more. I think he deserved to be chased.

As for Will. He's a very vanilla character, and there's nothing wrong with that but I say Lena should've became a regular and hooked up with him. Lena was a little quirky and maybe her prescence would've made him a more interesting character simply because she probably wouldn't coddle him like the others.

Oh, and if there had been a second season more shirtless frolicing in the lake for the boys.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, I would have thought that since the show has been over for 8 years we'd have a thread like this already but I checked and there was none so thanks for starting the thread

What I would have liked for season 2, hmm, lets think, ... more Ryder?

I like the idea of everyone trying to keep Jakes gender a secret, all the secrecy would have been cool to watch happen, I dont know about the whole new stunt thing, it kinda depends on what kinda stunt she could have pulled cause I think its kinda hard to top cross-dressing and going to a boys school, if her mum doesnt notice that what is she going to notice?
Though she could have left Rawley boys and come to Rawley girls as Jaqueline, see if anyone noticed the similarities between the boy that used to go to Rawley with the new girl

I think if Bella and Scout had found out they were related, scout would have left Paige in a milisecond but Bella would have stayed with Sean for a while and end up cheating on him and breaking his heart and then as Nicole said, she would have to go begging him to take her back cause she realised what she had with Sean was better than with Scout.

Hamilton punches Ryder? thats a detail I forgot from the transcripts!

Will could have married Finn, that would have been a nice twist
Though for some reason as I was writing that I thoughtof Will and Grace, cause she's a bit wild and he's a bit as you said vanilla so that would have been cool to watch.

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 09-14-2008, 07:53 AM
New Fan

Aww, I love reading these! Gah!!! I love this board!!!!!!!!!! I miss the show something fierce.

Maybe Finn and Ham's mom continue the affair and it's revealed in Season 2? Causing conflict between Hamilton and Will (since Will looks up to Finn like a dad). Hmm.. but then again, Hamilton might drop off the rowing team and that would SUCK! So nevermind.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

I'm in it for Marina's number 1!
Old 09-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Aww, I love reading these! Gah!!! I love this board!!!!!!!!!! I miss the show something fierce.
Ditto on that,

I would have liked more scenes between Kate and Finn too cause I thought that storyline was dropped way too soon, maybe Jake finds out about it and doesnt know how to tell Hamilton?

Old 09-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I also would've liked to see the group merge more. Like one episode Bella and Ham get themselves into a jam while Scout and Jake are back at school in their own. It would've been nice to see the various friendships begin to grow and spring up within the group.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah cause normally when we see the group its always Jake and Hamltion together and the trio together, it would have been cool to have them like mix and match a bit

I would have liked more on the parents, seeing them a bit more involved and more dramas involving their relationships with each other and not just their kids.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Passionate Fan

We'd definately need more of Jake and Bella girling-out together scenes. I wanted to see that friendship more.

Yes, even though it would've screwed with the boy-charade I totally wanted more of Monica Pratt and Charlie. I don't think Monica was a bad parent, I think she just had too much on her plate to notice her daughter. And Charlie seemed like a stand-up guy who really cared for Bella.

Also as for your Will and Grace comment, Sheida, it took me a minute because I automatically thought of the NBC sitcom Will & Grace, about the two best friends. But yeah, Grace would've shaken him up. I absolutely love the Grace within the New Beginnings universe, and I only wish we could've seen those moments within the show because she provides a lot of comic relief.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Most of the other shows I can think of had a lot of parent issues, DC had Dawsons parents getting divorced and back together, the OC had very important parent characters as well as One Tree Hill so it would have been cool to see like how Wills parents were with eachother not just with Will, I think the only between parent interaction we saw was the glimpse of Finn/Kate.

I was reading your comment and thinking 'hang on I never made a comment about Will&Grace' Grace would have been too much for him to handle besides I think he wouldnt have to lie to her, she already knows pretty much all there is to know about him doesnt she? Is Grace older than Bella or younger?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:07 AM
Passionate Fan

I had problems with OTH, and those problems were called the main characters I watched, like, the first half of season one and never looked back. But I know what you mean about the parent interaction within that show, and I agree, I think YA would've eventually gone that route.

Yeah I was like 'what is she mentioning Will & Grace for' and then it donned on me.

I think Bella refers to her as 'my little sister' in the pilot, but I can't be certain. Anyhow, imaginary Season 2 could've fleshed Grace, and Sean, out more.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know what you mean I also watched half of the first season of OTH and then it turned to the Nathan and Haley show for me cause I refused to watch the scenes with the other characters, espeically Lucas he annoyed me so much, (which is weird cause Chad Michael Murray was the reason I watched the show in the first place )

And Ryder, Grace, Sean and Ryder should have been given bigger roles.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Don't even get me started on Peyton's whole 'I'm tortured, look at all these posters from obscure bands on my bedroom wall' shtick(as a musician, and as an avid fan of music in general I feel like I have right to critisize when shows create fictional characters that are supposed to be 'cool' because they throw around a few Radiohead references or mention the Kinks or some such---I just hate me some posers, man especially fictional posers)

Also, what does everyone think would've happened with the whole Jake Shower bit. Nevermind the Finn part, do y'all think Hamilton would've brought it up again and tried to pick it up where they left off?

I imagine he would, but I think Jake would reason her way out of going there just yet by saying that the moment had passed and that she now realized neither of them were ready.

What's amusing is even though the Scout/Bella drama was supposed to be the, like, main story, Jake and Ham had a lot more ''fun''(if ya know what I mean) with each other the the former ever did.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah Peytons storyline is one of the 'Im very tortured' ones, the OTH writers sure like to torture their characters every single way they can Though I loved her name Peyton Sawyer, thought it was real cool and I liked the drawings she did too Lucas was the main reason I changed channels when the Naley-ness ended, god that character was annoying for a guy who used to be so hot in Gilmore Girls CMM sure knows how to annoy people by frowning all the time.

Jake shower scene? theres a jake shower scene? I need my laptop back now, must watch the last 3 episodes soon *bangsheadagainstwall*

Old 09-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Passionate Fan

It sounds like she has two last names. Peyton Sawyer.

Dude, yeah. The Jake-Hamilton Shower scene. Well, almost shower. You must get your laptop back soon so we can pick up the ep discussion threads.