Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Loyal Fan

I have to say I am surprised at how well Ian plays evil. I have never really seen him in a role like this. He is usually the sweet somewhat clueless character ( Hamilton, Boone). I am really excited to see how he plays this dark character. And the dark hair helps.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

I love that he's not the sweet guy. And it's so easy to be hated by people because you play "the evil guy", but he does it so charmingly, I am just falling for his character in the matter of 2 seconds.

We have a new cast pic, which is much better than the first one, if you ask me:

(from ian-somerhalder.com)

The official VD synopsis:

Quote:
THURSDAY: 8:00-9:00 P.M. “THE VAMPIRE DIARIES” (New Series)

Four months after the tragic car accident that killed their parents, 17-year-old Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev, “DeGrassi: The Next Generation”) and her 15-year-old brother, Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen, “Everwood”) are still trying to cope with their grief and move on with their lives. Elena has always been the star student; beautiful, popular and involved with school and friends, but now she finds herself struggling to hide her sadness from the world. As the school year begins, Elena and her friends are fascinated by a handsome and mysterious new student, Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley, “Army Wives”). Stefan and Elena are immediately drawn to one another, and Elena has no way of knowing that Stefan is a centuries-old vampire, struggling to live peacefully among humans, while his brother Damon (Ian Somerhalder, “Lost”) is the embodiment of vampire violence and brutality. Now these two vampire brothers - one good, one evil - are at war for Elena’s soul and for the souls of her friends, family and all the residents of the small town of Mystic Falls, Virginia. Based on the series of books by L. J. Smith, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES is from Alloy Entertainment and Bonanza Productions Inc in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios with executive producers Kevin Williamson (”Dawson’s Creek,” “I Know What You Did Last Summer”), Julie Plec (”Kyle XY,” “Wasteland”), Leslie Morgenstein (”Gossip Girl,” “Privileged”) and Bob Levy (”Gossip Girl,” “Privileged”). Marcos Siega (”Dexter”) directed the pilot.
Check out the new promo:

"Hello, brother."
Old 05-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh my squee!

He looks quite simply amazing here.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Doesn't he? With the smirking and all?
Old 05-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Passionate Fan

I think he's going to attract another swarm of fangirls as Damon and rightfully so.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Loyal Fan

^ Oh yea definitely. Millions of teenage girls are about to swoon when they are introduced to the wonders of Ian.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Elite Fan

Definitely!! I can't wait for them.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Especially since he's the bad brother we all know bad boys loads of attention

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 05-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, he seems like he's more interesting of the two. Things are probably going to go differently than they are in the book and I'm thinking they'll probably use his character more than the original did. I'm looking forward to lots of Evil Ian.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I finished season 4 of Lost last night! Oh my gosh it was so good. I am officially a Lost addict. The only downer was no Ian appearances in season 4 Do I dare get my hopes up for a cameo in season 5!?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Still stuck halfway through season 2

Im hoping we get to see more of Ian in VD too, just the fact that hes in the pilot shows how theyve changed things a lot

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Ava, don't dare to get your hopes up, hon.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
Ava, don't dare to get your hopes up, hon.
Bummer. Well I will just have to get my Ian fix elsewhere.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Well, just be patient for a couple of months and you'll get your weekly Ian fix with Vampire Diaries!

ETA: Here's the official extended 5 minute trailer for TVD:

(source)

I'm so into this show already and it hasn't even aired!

Last edited by wolkenfuehlen; 06-03-2009 at 04:05 AM
Old 06-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
from MTV.com

'Vampire Diaries' Star Ian Somerhalder Thanks 'Twilight'

With the "Twilight" phenomenon remaining undead for quite a while longer and with "True Blood" taking over HBO again this summer, it was only a matter of time before the CW decided to adapt the cult-classic books "The Vampire Diaries" into a TV show. And, when the show does make its debut this fall, Twilighters everywhere will have another way to get their hot vampire guy fix.

"['Twilight'] is a huge phenomenon," "Lost" alumnus Ian Somerhalder, who plays a vampire in the new show, admitted to MTV News. "Quite possibly and inarguably, yes [we have a show because of it], so I'm not going to complain. I haven't seen ['Twilight'] yet, so I don't know how it compares, but yeah, it's good that they're around."

"Vampire Diaries," based on the early '90s young-adult novels by L.J. Smith, is the story of Elena (Nina Dobrev) who is torn between a pair of vampire brothers, the tortured and well-meaning Stefan (Paul Wesley) and the devilish Damon (Somerhalder).

"Vampires are very hot. It's fun playing a vampire," Somerhalder said. "You're 200 years old. You can fly around. You can eat beautiful girls — well, you can suck on their neck. I don't physically cut them up and eat them. That would be a little sick."

Somerhalder isn't about to complain about getting to play a guy who uses his dark vampire ways to make girls fall in love with him, because he thinks that his character's motives aren't necessarily all bad.

"It's fun having all these layers," he said. "It depends on what you call bad and good. I'm definitely the more sadistic, prankster one, which is fun. He's a lot of fun. He's charming and it's hard to hate him, but he's kind of a bastard. You walk that fine line between liking him and absolutely hating him, like with most vampires. They kill people; they have to eat too. Population control."
There is also a short video (29 seconds) up on the website of him basically talking about Twilight and saying what is repeated in the article.

Btw, I (finally) started reading the books today, and am I the only one who finds them very addictive? I'm usually a slow reader and get easily bored, but I'm somehow on chapter 12 of the first book already!