Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

I love Zach. I think if he and Ian ever did a movie together, I might die from fangirling too much.

Hm, I guess I do support DK. Not exclusively, though. I did like SK, too. Basically, I just like Katherine a lot?

Oooooh, they're so pretty
Old 12-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

then you'll like this

you know that Zachary's Margin Call's likely to be nominated for an Oscar this year? Or so they say! I want him holding that statue!

and yeah, a film together? Why not? After all they know each other and Zach's into producing Oscar worthy films!

Go on, give us a visit at the Zachary Quinto board. But foremost, I'd like you to come back to us to the Ian board! Please?

New article from Ian

The Extinction List: Who's Up Next in 2012?

Quote:
As most of us already know, 2011 marked the devastating announcement that the Western Black Rhino -- one of Africa's most treasured species -- is now extinct. This new member of Club Extinction begs the question, "who will join the extinction list in 2012?" And, more importantly, "how can we stop this rapidly growing list?"

Elephants, tigers, rhinos, great apes, and marine turtles are all candidates for this gruesome list, but Congress has the power to stop that. The House of Representatives is currently stalling on a bill that would reauthorize funds to protect all of the aforementioned animals, a bill that has received strong bi-partisan support for over 14 years. This should be an easy choice.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's Multinational Species Conservation Funds -- known in Congress as "H.R. 50" -- would not only save the few remaining members of these species but is vital for American trade, diplomacy, national security. H.R. 50 would conserve the shrinking wildlife habitats in Southeast Asia, Africa and Latin America, reduce wildlife-farmer conflict to improve economic fortunes, and stop pelt and ivory poachers. But the benefits of these efforts go far beyond making sure these animals are around for our grandchildren to see.

Tigers, Asian elephants and other iconic species live in numerous countries that have significant economic and national security implications for the US. Natural resource conservation efforts in these emerging economies -- such as Vietnam, India, and Indonesia -- positively impact the financial sector by creating new jobs, providing a means for upward economic mobility, and preventing illegal goods from flooding the markets. Continued support for these economic gains benefits both U.S. trade and U.S. national security.

Additionally, the animals protected under H.R. 50 often provide the only common ground upon which the U.S. and other governments can relate. Eliminating these conservation funds would endanger the dialog and diplomacy that has been established through agreement over species protection. The US has had rocky relationships with many of these governments so any issue on which they can see eye-to-eye is vitally important for our national security.

National security and wildlife conservation aside, simply the size of these programs makes them poor cost-saving measures. For example, only $1.9 million a year is appropriated for the Asian Elephant Conservation Fund but will preserve the lives of this precious species. And, for every dollar spent by the U.S. government for these conservation funds between 2006 and 2010, the program raised two dollars in matching funds from private or international donors, making this a very sound investment of taxpayer dollars. Even eliminating the program altogether would only save $19 million over the next ten years: a mere drop in the bucket compared to our national debt of $15 trillion.

Furthermore, these savings would only be a one-time venture verses preserving the lives of millions of animals. In June, I traveled to Trinidad and Tobago and saw first-hand how protecting the existence of one species has a domino effect that positively impacts hundreds of other species, including humans. For example, the loss of the marine turtles leads to an explosion in the jellyfish population, which, in turn, kills lower-level food chain small fish like sardines. These fish serve as food for tuna and swordfish, large contributors to the human diet.

Upon my return to the US, I testified before a House Natural Resources Subcommittee, alongside Wildlife Conservation Society Executive Vice President for Conservation and Science Dr. John G. Robinson, to make this exact case to Chairman John Fleming of my home state of Louisiana. I write today to continue this push, and to urge congress to do their part in saving the world's most charismatic and iconic species by reauthorizing the Multinational Species Conservation Funds.
Source

Last edited by wickedrum; 12-14-2011 at 04:52 PM
Old 12-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

How did I not know this picture existed?! Thaaaaaank you!

I wish I had time for the ZQ or even the Ian boards! Weekend is gonna be stressful, but maybe I can make it sometime over the holidays.... I miss the Ian board

Great article!
Old 12-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

looking forward to it!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow cool picture, I never saw Zach n Heroes so the only mental mage I have of him is as the weird gay ghost, sorta freak out when I see him

Thanks for that article

Anja, how muc of the show have you seen now?
Figures youd be enjoying all the TC scenes we're just not meant to ship the same couples it seems
Yeah I didnt remember Jeremy/Anna as an epic romance either so i found that weird too.
And Ripper!Stefan is sooooo good

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 12-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
Oh wow cool picture, I never saw Zach n Heroes so the only mental mage I have of him is as the weird gay ghost, sorta freak out when I see him
And this is why I need to watch American Horror Story

I'm up to 3x06 so far. I do not like hybrid Tyler. And I still think Team Vickie is the good side. I mean, she wanted to kill Elena, how can she be bad?
I already enjoyed Stefan during the first episodes this season, but now that Klaus has actually turned his humanity off, he's even better. Ripper!Stefan is my favourite. Can we keep him forever? Please?
I also thought that the whole 'Matt can see Vickie's ghost now' story was kinda lame. Even though it was nice to actually see Vickie a lot, since Jeremy is Team Anna now.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha team Vickie it is then

I love Stefan making fun of the others when his humanity is off has he gone to school yet? Have you seen the 'hey' scene, which is totally aimed at Caroline and not Elena?
I dont like that Matt can see Vickie either, he wasnt brought back by magic, if thqt were the case everyone who had a near death experience should be seeing gosts, though i must say it was dramatic

Yes, yes, yes yes yeees watch american horror story

Old 12-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

American Horror Story will have the season finale tomorrow, exciting! Zach's not that creepy, but he did say his character Chad's a bit like Sylar, and he's right!

I'm Team Anna, always has been, no matter her motives! I could do well without Tyler, muscles or not. I'm not sure I'll be able to forgive him for biting Damon!
Old 12-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

AHS is having the season finale already? Yaaay, less episodes to catch up with!

I just never liked Anna. I don't even know why. I think the actress is adorable. Maybe it's because I loved Vickie and Jeremy/Vickie so much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I could do well without Tyler, muscles or not. I'm not sure I'll be able to forgive him for biting Damon!
...I had completely forgotten that happened! Whoops. Ah well, I'm ready to forgive a lot of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
Have you seen the 'hey' scene, which is totally aimed at Caroline and not Elena?
I saw a hey scene aimed at Elena, so I clearly need to rewatch to see it's actually aimed at Caroline!
Old 12-22-2011, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
American Horror Story will have the season finale tomorrow, exciting! Zach's not that creepy, but he did say his character Chad's a bit like Sylar, and he's right!
I didn't find him creepy at first but then when he told his "plans" for the baby in episode 10 I just got really freaked out

Finale aired last night right? I'll download it tonight, can't wait and Anja, yup 12 episodes

I like Tyler cause he's hot not so much as a character really then again I'm not really a fan of anyone outside of S/C

Quote:
I saw a hey scene aimed at Elena, so I clearly need to rewatch to see it's actually aimed at Caroline!
What? No! that wasn't aimed at Elena, we analyzed this scene over and over, see he'd already seen Elena so there was no need to say hey to her, also he was standing right over Elena, so if he were saying hey to her his head would be turned downwards but it had an angle so he looking to her left, which had Caroline ... oh geez the things we have to do to get a scene

Last edited by s e r e n i t y; 12-22-2011 at 03:58 PM
Old 12-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Zach can play creepy really well I loved creepy!/evil!Sylar on Heroes.

I didn't like Tyler in the beginning, but once the whole werewolf story started, he got interesting to me, as a character. and yes, very hot.

I'm gonna have to rewatch and keep that analysis in mind!
Old 12-24-2011, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Zach wasn't even in the finale that just urgh I wish he was in it, that finale was just insanely weird

Did ya rewatch with the analysis in mind?

TVD returns in less than 2 weeks

Old 12-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

No Zach? Boo

I found the hey scene, and you know, his eyes are totally directed to Caroline when he says it!

Less than two weeks? Yay! By then I'll be all caught up!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

so do you have time to visit the Ian board during the holidays Anja? Some threads that are active were still opened by you, its quite funny

the long awaited music video

Last edited by wickedrum; 12-27-2011 at 12:59 PM
Old 12-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

That...was actually a lot better than I imagined, visually at least. Thanks for posting!

I just still find it weird that Ian did this in the first place. It's not like he's desperate for money, right? So why choose to be in a video for some Russian band that few people outside of Russia have ever even heard of? Has he said anything about it?