Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
Although, having cross-dressed a couple of times myself, I have to say a binder is very uncomfortable.
Now you had me thinking, why would you do such thing? Cross-dressed?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dareyou
Now you had me thinking, why would you do such thing? Cross-dressed?
Ah, all in the name of research. I even had a wig since I hadn't cut my hair at the time. V.v. hot and uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend it.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 01-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

I'm gone for one day and you're already sharing your cross-dressing experiences?
Old 01-02-2005, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

It had to be you How? When? Where?

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
Although, having cross-dressed a couple of times myself, I have to say a binder is very uncomfortable.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:39 AM
Master Fan

That was the summer I saw YA, but the research was actually for a joint novel my friends and I were writing. (A project since abandoned since, well, it sucked.) We went to the mall. The thing is, you don't know if you pulled it off because people are just walking past you; you can't exactly stop them and ask, "Hey, am I a guy or a girl?"

Old 01-09-2005, 04:45 AM
New Fan

Ive just been going through some eps and here are 2 things i came up with:

one - I coulda done without is the excessive use of cliches and
two - Have Jake wear something 'girly' in her room instead of always having her in her underwear.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

Sam I know what you mean. I didn't understand it either why Jake had to stay in her undies. I like to stay like that sometimes, but not all the time.

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

[QUOTE][I
Quote:
]originally posted by nki[/I] but it would have been good if we learned more about who they were as individuals, aside from being jakeandhamilton.
I would have liked that too. Which brings us back to the underdevelopment of a lot of things. To really develop them individually, especially Hamilton would have added a unique dimension to the show. A lot of you complain he became half of jahammer. In the pilot, he talks about feng shui but they never had him talk about anything Asian or eclectic again. There are a lot of easy ways to follow through on his love for exotic stuff like having him mention anime. More importantly, he is too rich to fit in with the townies and too poor to fit in with the rich kid majority. I'm sure that at some point before the show, he was shunned by both groups.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

I know the general consensus is that Jake and Hamilton sometimes get to be too much of a unit and that we would like to see them have separate storylines once in a while, but I was thinking about the actual feasibility of that. If you are so in love with someone, who happens to be your best friend and whom you share everything with, is it likely that you two will want to be apart for anything major? What I mean is, if something interesting actually happened to either of them, is it in character for them to not tell the other person and get them involved somehow? From this perspective, I can sympathise with the writers and their leaning toward jakeandhamilton as a plot unit.

Old 04-04-2005, 04:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

An improvement would have been not cancelling it.

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 06-04-2006, 11:18 PM
New Fan

I would have liked it if they made Jake more of a tomboy when she was dressed in girl clothes. Like the dresses just didn't suit her. I think it would of worked better if she wore tight jeans or even a short denim skirt and then wear a tank top or a t-shirt. I just can't see how a girlie girl would cross-dress to fit into an all boys school, unless of course they were a tomboy and was often confused as a boy (either from looks or personality).

Also, this would have made the jahammer storyline more interesting because Hamilton would have been going out with a boyish girl and thus confusing his sexual identity....which I thought was the most interesting thing about their storyline - that Hamilton thought he was gay and actually went with it! Because frankly, he fell in love with Jake when she was a boy and for them to just make Jake so girlie was such a wasted opportunity to really explore the sexual confusion that teenagers often go through.

Plus in the future, if the series had continued, I really think it would have been natural for them both to come out of the closet (especially after seeing Kate in The L Word and Ian in Rules of Attraction).

wow, long rant over lol
Old 06-05-2006, 04:08 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersgirl13
I
Also, this would have made the jahammer storyline more interesting because Hamilton would have been going out with a boyish girl and thus confusing his sexual identity....which I thought was the most interesting thing about their storyline - that Hamilton thought he was gay and actually went with it! Because frankly, he fell in love with Jake when she was a boy and for them to just make Jake so girlie was such a wasted opportunity to really explore the sexual confusion that teenagers often go through.
makes sense. Reminds me of Goldfish Crackers. Sadly, the show wasn't given opportunity/ enough episodes to explore the storylines. I think a lot of people would agree that Jake with the pink dresses didn't really add up. On the other hand, maybe it was another side of her / we saw a part of Jacqueline before she came up with Jake. After all, she was just doing that for Monica. We never really knew the backgrounds of any of ther characters. Again, another storyline that was never explored.

Welcome to the board, by the way!
Old 06-05-2006, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

I think girlie Jacqueline wasn't the real Jake. She dressed up like that to make Monica happy, and to make Hamilton happy during their date. The closest we've seen of the real Jake was probably in WBSHM.

I think that, if the show had run longer than 8 episodes, there would have been some questioning of their sexual identities. I agree that they would have come out eventually, and this would have just confused Hamilton again. As much as he loved Jake, I don't think he could have not cared about pretending to be gay while he was, in fact, straight.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:44 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

^...which now reminds me of Nicky's YA eps.

gotta love fanfic.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

I do agree with that . I think we see the real Jake in last episode. Hanging out with Hamilton and her friends. She isn't that sweet and innocent girl we met in "Winning isn't everything" with Monica. I mean, she's loyal to her friends, careful and happy with Hamilton. But also honest and tought, definitely a tough and not that much of a girly girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen
I think girlie Jacqueline wasn't the real Jake. She dressed up like that to make Monica happy, and to make Hamilton happy during their date. The closest we've seen of the real Jake was probably in WBSHM.