Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe Jake didn't plan on staying for a long time in Rawley, but her love to Hamilton kept here there. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And about buying tampons, either she bought it in Carson, which must have been quite big, or someone sent it to her, maybe a friend back in NYC.

They could have had a unisex toilet where all the classes were held. There were mixed classed...

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Peetch Mälba:
<STRONG>Maybe Jake didn't plan on staying for a long time in Rawley, but her love to Hamilton kept here there. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Totally. I think in all the 'Jake journal' fics I've read, the authors' interpretation has been that she was just waiting to get caught. And then there was also that line in the pilot, "waiting for someone to notice."

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 04-20-2004, 02:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>Totally. I think in all the 'Jake journal' fics I've read, the authors' interpretation has been that she was just waiting to get caught. And then there was also that line in the pilot, "waiting for someone to notice."</STRONG>
I totally agree she was just there to mess with her mom's head but then came Hamilton and everything changed.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi,

Would like to know what was your reaction seeing Jake the first time,dressing as a boy without knowing that she was a girl of course?
Old 11-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I always knew she was a girl because of her German voice.
Old 11-13-2004, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

My experience is weird because I started watching the pilot about halfway through since I just flicked on the telly to see what's on - and it was the rooftop scene. I was confused because Jake was sneaking a peek while Ham was peeing, and a guy obviously wouldn't do that; so I was pretty sure she was a girl. By chance, I actually managed to tape the pilot that night without meaning to, so I went back and watched the whole thing and verified that she was a girl.

And also, I totally thought she was really hot as a boy. Decided to keep watching because of the hot androgynous person. What a surprise.

Old 11-14-2004, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Jake sure was hot both as a guy and as a girl
And I've wanted to see the show ever since I saw the trailers. But they said nothing about Jake being a girl...they simply showed the bathroom kiss scene and Hamilton's line:"We are gay..." So it was a nice surprise for me to find out that the whole story was so twisted.

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 11-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by katka15
Jake sure was hot both as a guy and as a girl
And I've wanted to see the show ever since I saw the trailers. But they said nothing about Jake being a girl...they simply showed the bathroom kiss scene and Hamilton's line:"We are gay..." So it was a nice surprise for me to find out that the whole story was so twisted.
The trailer was what got me hooked as well. Hamilton's "We're gay", and Jake's response "No, we're not" (in a slightly girly voice) made me watch it, only because I wanted to find out what had happened between these two, and why Hamilton thought he was gay.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Loyal Fan

I have a friend who is just visiting and I was watching the first episode--for the nth time -- I rewind the whole thing so she could watched it and she has no idea what the show is about but the moment she saw Jake, it was the first meeting of the crew, she already recognize that Jake is a girl. I was actually shocked that she guessed it so easily.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

First time I saw Jake I thought it was a cute and kinda weird guy Then I checked the opening credits and I was shocked to find out that actually she was female.

I guess Jake was right in last epi when Bella told her 'that guy is looking at you' and she replied 'yeah but as a boy or a girl' (sorry don't remember the exact quote).

Quote:
Originally posted by Jahammer33
Hi,Would like to know what was your reaction seeing Jake the first time,dressing as a boy without knowing that she was a girl of course?
Lynne good to see you around again!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

I can't believe no one posts at this thread...I vaguely remember this thread...

Nicky, what was it like dressing up as a full fledged boy for a day? Did anyone suspect you for a girl? What sort of things did you do as a guy? Had you told anyone else about your experiment?

I thought Jake looked so gorgeous in the black top, such a shame she was always well layered.

Maybe Bella realising that Jake was a girl and none of the other girls in the co-ed class, because they're probably too self absorbed whereas Bella is more aware of those around her.

I wondered about jumping in the water...whether anything would be visible - corset, nipple etc but I guess wearing so many layers wouldn't make a difference.

Was it actually confirmed whether Jake has dressed up as a boy previous to Rawley - as she'd enrolled to different schools waiting for someone to notice... Also, was it confirmed how long she stayed at one school before going onto another... Was she only intending to stay at Rawley for the summer before moving to another school, or did she decide to stay because of Hamilton?

*light bulb* Maybe things were getting too much for Jake, with having to conceal her true self, her intense relationship with Hamilton, that she somehow planned Finn to bust them in the showers so she'd ultimately have to leave?

[/i]"Rawley is a picturesque school, with luscious landscapes and grand buildings. Our shower cubicles also have curtains on them."[/i]
That's hilarious, Nicky!

The showers are a sticky situation. I would assume boarding schools would have a curfew, so sneaking out in the middle of the night for a shower would raise some alarm, and even if she was able to have showers in the middle of the night, it would still raise alarms that she wouldn't shower in group showers?

Hamilton was attracted to Jake, but did he see her for who she really was, subconciously, or was there a possibility of him being gay or bi (*light bulb* a more interesting history with Ham and Ryder!!!)

Jake's baseball cap. Regardless of the wearer's sex, how could a baseball cap smell good??? Don't guys usually wear them to cover up their yucky greasy hair/bad hairy/baldness? Obviously, Jake is wearing it to conceal her femininity, so she'd be wearing it 24/7 - it wouldn't smell good, especially in summer.

It still boggles the mind that the main storyline/relationship was between Scout and Bella and their so-called insestual relationship, when it's so obvious that the Hamilton/Jake storyline was so much more intense and captivating.

As for Jake's periods, that would be hard. She'd have to buy them out of town where no one knew her - to buy them for her 'sister', or she could order them online, although it would be weird for a boy to receive packages with Tampax etc written on the box...

And at 15, her periods would be totally irregular, what if she had an accident? I don't think there's any way of getting out of something like that.

I don't know how observant guys are to notice a discarded tampon/pad...If they did, wouldn't they assume one of the guy's girlfriends snuck in to sleep over?

That is so interesting that the trailers made out Hamilton and Jake to be a gay couple...

Unfortunately, it was ages before "YA" was shown in Australia, and I was really interested to see the show when I'd first heard about it, the way they'd described their relationship was that Jake who was really a girl disgised as a boy, who falls in love with a boy who doesn't know she's a girl... Even so, I was so excited by the storyline and found it so intriguing and unusual.

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 10-04-2005, 02:34 AM
Master Fan

Well, the thing is, you dress up, you walk around, and you think you're doing a good job but you can't very well walk up to people and ask, "hey, am I a boy or a girl?" So you don't know anything.

It was fun though. And kinda hot/itchy. I tell people if it comes up; it's not like some big secret.

The whole thing about Jake in the pilot is that she didn't go in the water during the undie run. Later with the "swimming portion of the curriculum" it hardly mattered since she had that giant hoodie on. I'm surprised she didn't drown under all that weight though.

Gotta run - but will come back and debate over the rest of your post later Brek! Lots of interesting points!

Old 10-04-2005, 04:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Just a warning that I'd been posting for ages then, and by that time I was tired, so my posts (like that one) ended up being a jumble of ramblings and instant thoughts that I just typed.

So, after your experiement, did you learn anything about dressing up as a boy? What I was hinting to before, was did you do things as a guy that you couldn't do as a girl = go into a men's toilet!

To be honest, was the WHOLE school taking part in the undie run? I don't think so. Only the people that were already students (or Hamilton) knew about it, so could tell others about it and take part in it. So if Jake was not around a student that was already attending Rawley, then imagine if you saw a large group of teenagers stripping off, running towards the lake. Would you be a lemming and do the same? I wouldn't.

I doubt anyone could see anything of Jake when they jump out of the boat. She's wearing many layers, the hoodie (was the hood off?) and the water would be relatively dark, people splashing about... Wonder what happened when she got OUT of the water... The layers would probably conceal the corset, and you wouldn't see her boobs.

Man, I miss discussing.

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 10-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Haha, it would have been cool to have gone into the men's toilets, but I didn't even think of that. Would've been too scared anyway.

Jake seemed to know something about the hazing rituals because in the unaired pilot, when she saw the seniors grabbing the freshmen, she leaned against the wall and hid her face so she wouldn't get caught and stripped off. That was really cool. And necessary.

I think she definitely stayed because of Hamilton. I don't think it was expressly stated in canon, but most fanfics and stuff came to the same conclusion that she just kept moving between schools, spending months or even weeks between them, waiting for Monica to notice.

I totally think Hamilton is bi. For one thing, I think most people are bi; the "totally straight" people are the ones that can't even conceive of being with someone if they're not the opposite sex. My boyfriend is one of those people - I wasn't even aware that someone could be like that until my friend said, very wisely, "I think that's what it's like to be totally straight." Oh, I have a fic exploring this if you're interested. It's quite short. The Forgotten, an angsty short J/H fic.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Growing up, my cousin (male) and I used to go to a park nearby. I used to use the mens' loo all the time because the ladies' was always CLOSED. Of course, going into a men's toilet as an adult, would be gross.

In my final year of highschool, when no one was around, I walked into the boys' loo for curiousity and the SMELL was like a punch in the face!!! So you should thank yourself lucky that you didn't go in one, Nicky!!!

Had Jake got caught in the hazing, and had been stripped...that would have been the end of that storyline!!! Being computer savvy, maybe she'd hacked into the school e-mail system and started a friendship with a Rawley student to find out the ins and outs of the school. Maybe she had a fling with the groundskeeper for inside information. I don't know, I'm just rambling now!

But was it confirmed whether this was the first time Jake had dressed up as a boy? I would have loved to have known... God, Monica is such a self-centred BITCH for not even realising her ojnly child was school-jumping. Not to even read the envelope which clearly stated BOYS school.

for thinking Hamilton was bi too. In the pilot, without having known her well (when he would have fallen for her) he was already attracted to the male version of her when he smells her hat... It's not until later on that she starts to see her for who she is and falls in love with her then. But still as a boy! Kissing her as a boy in the bathroom is proof enough that he was at least gay, and then exclaiming that they're gay. She wasn't gay, but he may have been. And how disappointed he was when Jake confirmed that she was definitely not gay and that a sketchy moment wouldn't happen again (kissing him).

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek