Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 01:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by angelrei:
<STRONG>

On a side note. Didn't you guys think that Hamilton was a little gay when was talking about feng shui in the pilot? Cause I've never met a guy interested in interior design and balancing the elements thats not gay or maybe it's just me.</STRONG>
Well, I think that the whole show was about redefining gender definition and stereo-types...so it kinda fits in with that theme. But I get what you're saying.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by .:NiennaValandil:.:
<STRONG>Yeah...I don't think homosexuals are the only ones attuned to cultural methods of design, </STRONG>
Damn you Queer Eye, damn you and your subtle brainwashing! *shakes fist* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Johnneh - I'm not sure if I agree the show is about gender redefinition and challenging stereotypes. As far as I can see it's a one-person phenomenon, and it wasn't like Jake created a sexual revolution or anything like that. She did what she did because, well, her life was kinda screwed-up and she wanted Monica's attention. She didn't do it to challenge stereotypes. I mean, it was wicked cool that Hamilton kissed her before he knew she was a girl (that is such a big deal for me), but overall I just didn't feel like the show had set out to challenge anything in particular.

Ed: Can't spell! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-01-2004: Message edited Silversun ]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 04-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't think that the writers/producers set out to revolutionize television either.. the focus of YA was Bella/Scout relationship, typical WB storyline. the jake/hamilton story just happened to catch the interest of the viewers.

and hamilton's knowledge of feng shui shows his openness to different ideas (probably from having been around older people all his life)

VOTE for KERRY
Old 04-14-2004, 06:43 AM
New Fan

Its possible. Not easy but possible. I've been mistaken for a guy several times. Without trying.

She had nearly no breasts even minus binder.
If she took birthcontrol pills she could ensure she missed her periods while @ Rawley.

She could get away with showering only 2ce aweek or something...after all guys are allowed to smell [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] . Bathing in the lake w/ clothes on would keep her cleanish.

Guys are pretty damn unobservant at times.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I guess you guys are right about Hamilton being edgy and unconventional by knowing different kinds of stuff like Feng Shui it just kinda surprised me that Will had no idea what it was knowing that he is wickedly smart but I guess I just have a different culture where there is a great Chinese influence so you tend to know more about these stuff. And living in a country where there is not much chance to put awareness on the issues of sexuality you kinda get confused and mistaken

Getting back on the topic of Jake, I mean she and Ham were on the show to put a little spice and twist and difference in the show. It was more focused on Bella, Scout and Will. I just wish that they could have explored on that storyline more it would been more interesting and I hate the WB for not doing that. (dont we all)
Old 04-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by J-Ham:
<STRONG>If she took birthcontrol pills she could ensure she missed her periods while @ Rawley.</STRONG>
That is possible - but it would totally ruin her health. Being on the pill for 8 weeks without a week off? Isn't that a really bad thing to do to your body? Though I suppose it could be done.

Old 04-15-2004, 03:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>That is possible - but it would totally ruin her health. Being on the pill for 8 weeks without a week off? Isn't that a really bad thing to do to your body? Though I suppose it could be done.</STRONG>
I've heard that its ok but its not something I'd be that keen on for myself.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by J-Ham:
<STRONG>

I've heard that its ok but its not something I'd be that keen on for myself.</STRONG>
I won't do that. I don't think it's ok because your stopping ur cycle and it might lead to some reproductive system. Jake is 15 and in my experience I was still irregular during that age and it's very difficult. But I know she can find some way to hide I mean guys are totally clueless when it comes to that thing and I have this friend that kept asking about my period and I thought it was funny they really have no idea.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

it depends what she was taking. there are different things (i used to work in a pharmacy). the Pill tends to give you periods regularly and stop you getting pregnant, but there's different forms that can make it stop. however they shouldn't be used for more than a week, so she couldn't really have used that. but if you think about it she probably would have managed. i don't remember if htere was a bathroom in her room, but if she used a tampon then they can last for up to 8 hours supposedly (i don't know though) so she could put one in in the morning, then change it after classes and again before bed. as everyone has to go to the loo (like the lovely Hammie on the rooftop) they wouldn't think it strange if she went off, in fact they'd probably think it wierd if she never went. and if she changed it after or during lessons in a cubicle then people wouldn't really notice. disposing of it would be more diifficult though........
Old 04-16-2004, 12:44 AM
Loyal Fan

I mean you can't exactly flush it but I dont think the student will look at the trash and I guess she could wrap it in tissue paper or just paper. They would suspect but the custodian can see but he can't pin point anyone.
Old 04-17-2004, 02:54 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by angelrei:
<STRONG>I mean you can't exactly flush it but I dont think the student will look at the trash and I guess she could wrap it in tissue paper or just paper. They would suspect but the custodian can see but he can't pin point anyone.</STRONG>
Actually you can flush it, unless the toilet has very low pressure.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

you shouldn' flush them anyway. cuz they end up in the sea or something gross, all polluting the area.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Maybe they had some kind of unisex toilet on campus. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Peetch Mälba:
<STRONG>Maybe they had some kind of unisex toilet on campus. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Maybe... but why would they need to have a unisex toilet in a boys' school? I'm pretty sure the boys' and girls' academies were separate.

Old 04-19-2004, 01:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey Janine [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] didn't know you posted here [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

ok, well in terms of having to dispose of tampons etc. yeah, I don't think that that would be too much hassle once she knew her way around... if you're adept at keeping things hidden (eg. a motorcycle), I'm sure this would not have presented too much of a problem.

I did wonder though, about the idea brought up earlier about what she would wear, buying these things at Carson? If she simply dressed like a guy, not a lot of guys are found buying tampons I'm sure and at the same time, wouldn't there have been risk of running into people from Rawley while there? If she were to dress like a girl, where would she change? She couldn't even change in the car or anything since she had a bike.

As to how long she could keep it up? I agree with the others who said that people see what they want or expect to see... a guy. I think her resolve to keep it all up was pumped after meeting Hamilton [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] What she was thinking beforehand (re: the shower curtain issue [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ), I don't know but if she was willing to go so far to do something, I doubt she would just give up and go home after all the initial effort made.

I apologise if some of that was repetitive, I tried to get through the other posts but kinda skimmed along the way too [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

[ 04-19-2004: Message edited emjay ]

~ "Gas, gas, honk. Gas, gas, honk. Honk, honk, punch. Gas, gas, gas." ~