Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-14-2004, 11:35 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't think that the creator would have like to explore the sex thing between B/S, I mean that would totally gross out the audience after knowing that they are brother and sister and I don't think they could have had that much interaction after finding out if they did it. Eventhough we all know they are not. But I do agree with you guys that this storyline got too boring.

I liked Finn in this epi esp. the part about throwing convention out the window and in giving Will a chance.

I think the creators purposely showed Jake undressing before she kissed Hamilton to show that she is a girl. They are just so amazing truth be told they are the reason I watched the show anyway!
Old 04-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

I like Finn too... although I don't think 'leaving the ball in Will's court' was all that realistic. If I were a teacher and found out Will cheated, I'd boot him out immediately instead of going, "oh well, I'll just sit back and see what happens." Then again, Finn's no conventional teacher.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 04-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Loyal Fan

"leaving the ball in Will's court" - I assumed *that* was a pretty limited time delay. I liked that he explicitly said "you're stealing from another student by cheating on the scholarship"
Old 11-21-2004, 11:38 AM
Loyal Fan

I've notice something icky and it really disturbed me -- the rooftop scene -- Hamilton sat at the same spot where he peed...that was eeewww!!!

I now have to change my fave J/H scene...
Old 11-21-2004, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dareyou
I've notice something icky and it really disturbed me -- the rooftop scene -- Hamilton sat at the same spot where he peed...that was eeewww!!!
That's the funniest thing I've read all day...

Old 11-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Glad that you had some laugh, Nicky...But I'm so disillusioned with the rooftop scene...it was funny though but really icky.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought the B/S storyline is a little too unrealistic. I don't think you can fall in love that quickly. I fast foward thru most of their parts but I still think their dance in the garage is sweet. Still, you can't start kissing after just a few days. However, it would be an interesting fanfic if Scout gets a State Department job in the future and falls in love with a foreign girl who doesn't know that much English. I just picture him as the type who would do that.

No matter how much whining Will does, I still think he's a character we can easily sympathize with. However, he's a Horotio Alger cliche which takes away from how interesting he is. I do find it charming that he wants to make his own opportunities (paying for his own stuff,etc). I can so picture him fighting for the bill with Scout in the future(it would be really funny).

Jake and Hamilton are the most interesting aspect of YA. Their relationship kept me hooked. Whenever I think of Hamilton telling Jake that he's like a Swiss vault, I picture Alicia Keys' "Diary". They are the epitomy of couples who are also best friends. I can picture them cuddling to watch football when there're married. Hamilton's story is interesting because he's too poor to fit in w/the Rawley snobs but too rich to fit in w/the townies so he's the most isolated in the social ladder(I think he's upper-middle class). He could have easily turned into a bitter messed-up guy but he channels his attitude in a great way.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by celera
I thought the B/S storyline is a little too unrealistic. I don't think you can fall in love that quickly.
I think there's a very Romeo and Juliet element to that. And I don't think it was love, either - it was blustery teenage lust, which is also very exciting.

Quote:
Hamilton's story is interesting because he's too poor to fit in w/the Rawley snobs but too rich to fit in w/the townies so he's the most isolated in the social ladder(I think he's upper-middle class).
You know, I never thought about it like that, but you're completely right. Interesting...

Old 11-23-2004, 03:38 AM
New Fan

First episode - major J/H fan.

"Cool cap....smells good" - gotta love that scene
The rooftop kiss - "oh god, im sorry.." no need to elaborate here
"Oh god, im da man" - Poor Jake, tough spot to be in.

Now ive got that out of my system heres what i think. WB tried to put too much into one episode. I think they were trying to get every thing done in the 8 episodes they knew they had. If they had more time i think things would have developed a lot more slowly.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpionette
Now ive got that out of my system heres what i think. WB tried to put too much into one episode. I think they were trying to get every thing done in the 8 episodes they knew they had. If they had more time i think things would have developed a lot more slowly.
I totally agree with that. I think that if we had had 20 episodes, the whole J/H storyline would have been a lot slower, for example no kiss between them in the first episode, and certainly no 'bathroom-scene' until at least episode 10.
Old 11-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

I'm kind of glad it was rushed, though. At the time I was waiting on tenterhooks for J/H to get together. Imagine if that didn't happen until episode 10...

Old 11-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah, me too.
Sometimes you have to wait such a long time for something to happen, that you don't even care about it at the end.

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 11-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

...but don't you think, that if things go too fast, you don't have the time to enjoy those moments?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

That's a good point

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
I'm kind of glad it was rushed, though. At the time I was waiting on tenterhooks for J/H to get together. Imagine if that didn't happen until episode 10...
Old 11-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ainhoa
...but don't you think, that if things go too fast, you don't have the time to enjoy those moments?
It's all about striking a balance. Like Katarina said, if they make you wait too long, you might not even be bothered with it when it finally does happen; but then again I really miss the breathless wait, the drawn-out tension, when you know things will happen eventually but not exactly when...