Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 06:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Kurt Cobain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)

Okay confession time. Don't get me wrong I really care about Tara's character. It didn't happen for me early on but more around season two which I think totaly belonged to her and Gemma. She's now probably my favorite character so I'm not bashing her here but...after rewatching a couple of new eps I found myself thinking that they're really not giving her much to do this season. Its like every ep she's all "don't you come near my family" and...that's about it.
There was that thing with her volunteering and the jail and getting that gross blackmail proposition but I haven't heard anything elae about that in a few episodes. I'm sure they'll get back to it because surely they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of setting it up of they weren't going somewhere with it.
I don't know. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels like Tara isn't being serviced so far this season. Then again that could change as we get further in but I feel like lately she's been kond of one note. Am I alone in that?

Again I totally adore Tara so I'm totally not hating on her

I get what you mean and I totally agree with you...I always wanted an episode where they explore Tara's character, I wanted to know more about Tara before she left Charming, it was hinted on S1 that she was a different Tara then, too bad Kurt Sutter wouldn't do a before they were a VP and a doctor kind of episode...Actually, before S5 started, I thought KS would now develop Tara's character, I mean she is now the queen but since we're more than halfway S5, I don't know if it will happen. I understand that KS created the show for his wife, I love Gemma's character, but he kinda favor Gemma's character more than the others...IMO...
Old 11-05-2012, 06:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by street serenade (View Post)
Brad Pitt and maybe a little Kurt Cobain too

Okay confession time. Don't get me wrong I really care about Tara's character. It didn't happen for me early on but more around season two which I think totaly belonged to her and Gemma. She's now probably my favorite character so I'm not bashing her here but...after rewatching a couple of new eps I found myself thinking that they're really not giving her much to do this season. Its like every ep she's all "don't you come near my family" and...that's about it.
There was that thing with her volunteering and the jail and getting that gross blackmail proposition but I haven't heard anything elae about that in a few episodes. I'm sure they'll get back to it because surely they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of setting it up of they weren't going somewhere with it.
I don't know. I'm just wondering if anyone else feels like Tara isn't being serviced so far this season. Then again that could change as we get further in but I feel like lately she's been kond of one note. Am I alone in that?

Again I totally adore Tara so I'm totally not hating on her
I see what you mean (and don't worry, we don't think you're hating on her, you're just expressing your opinion ) I hadn't thought about it that way, but I think you're right, it does seem like she's been playing "protective mother bear" all of this season and not much more. I hope her storyline with Otto will take up more screen time in the next episodes!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Y'all are awesome for being so understanding of my frustration. I've seen other blogs/forums blow up over stuff like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou (View Post)
I always wanted an episode where they explore Tara's character, I wanted to know more about Tara before she left Charming, it was hinted on S1 that she was a different Tara then, too bad Kurt Sutter wouldn't do a before they were a VP and a doctor kind of episode...Actually, before S5 started, I thought KS would now develop Tara's character, I mean she is now the queen
Yeah, I hadn't even thought of that, but she is the new queen. It'd be interesting to explore how she's handling this new title because I'm sure it comes with new responsibilities to the club. Back when Gemma was queen I think she served as a mother figure to so many of the guys. When they were in a spot and needed a word of encouragement or whatever, I think she gave them that. Gemma is a tough cookie, but when someone in her family is hurting or in doubt, she's there.
I think the same would go for Tara, but we've yet to see Tara form any kind of bond or friendships with any of the guys. I mean, yeah, she patches them up when they're hurt and thanks them in passing when they give her protection (Tig accompanying her to the cabin, for instance) but they haven't explored her having any kind of bond to the other characters (other than Jax and Gemma). I guess it isn't all that important that they show that, but I think that by showing her form a friendship with another character, we'd get to see another side of her.

Like Hanna said she's been playing protective mama bear all season and not much else and I just think this character has potential to be so much more. I dunno, it's like ''sure be that protective momma bear, but don't let that define the character, let her have layers again''.

Since, Hanna mentioned Otto, I'm going to go on another rant.
I really, really always liked Otto for some reason. Maybe it's because of his intense love for Luann. Sure he was rough looking and all tatted up, but for the first few seasons, you really got a sense that he loved her, despite all of flaws. When he was talking to someone from the club or outside, he always ended it with ''make sure this gets to Luann, make sure she's safe, etc, etc.'' Even though we only saw them together in, what, one scene ever? I totally believed his devotion and I totally felt for him when she died.
But when he pulled that weird, gross blackmail on Tara I was like...floored. I was like ''Otto! No! This isn't you!'' and I was sad to see a character I appreciated do such a horrible thing...at the same time I realize Otto has taken some major hits for the club and he feels abandoned and vengeful, so, of course he's going to lash out. Still. I'm bummed Otto stooped to saying that stuff to Tara
Old 11-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Okay! So I watched the latest episode and everything I said about Tara not being serviced this season, I take back
I still think she's been very one-note since the beginning of the season, but this episode...there was definitely some movement with her character. It was very Tara-heavy. And...just...whoa!

Did anyone see that coming with Otto and Tara and the perfume? I mean what the heck?!!! I think I had a minor stroke when that happened. It was creepy and just...sad. I know she did it to help Jax, but I seriously did not think she had it in her to just stand there while he did that. And then! Later when she's at home in front of her dresser? WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT?!!!!

Seriously, fans of the show need to form a support group, I feel like I went through a major trauma.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Sorry I've been absent! I'm excited for tonigts episode (even though I won't be able to watch untill tomorrow because of the time difference ), and also a little bit nervous after reading this (spoiler alert)

SONS OF ANARCHY Advance Review “Crucifixed” FX
Old 11-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey there! I've yet to watch the episode myself, but I'm downloading now. Thanks for the link. I'm going to read the episode review afterwards so I'll be spoiler free.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Elite Fan

...I hate not being able to join in in all the SoA talk! I must catch up...!
Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Passionate Fan

You should!

So, this last episode has me excited again for where the show's going. Especially because now Tara is technically an accessory to murder. That scene with Otto and the crucifix and the nurse was so intense. I had to actually cover my mouth with both of my hands and just back away from my computer. *shivers*
Old 11-17-2012, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

Too many shows, too little time! But the season is almost over already, isn't it? That gives me another year to catch up. Yay!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Hm, I'm not sure how many episodes this season has, but I'm guessing since we're at ten, we're half way through
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, isn't it always just around 13?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Whoops, you're right. I thought maybe there was 20 or so this season. Not sure why.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Elite Fan

Probably because you wanted moooore?
Old 11-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Random: so I was buying some things at the corner market and the woman in front of me was reading People magazine, specifically their sexiest man alive issue they do every year. She turned to me and gushed over Channing Tatum, who the magazine gave the title to this year, and I laughed and said ''He's okay I guess'' and she playfully replies ''He's more than okay''. I smile and silently shrug which prompts her to ask ''Name someone hotter'', to which I then say ''Google Charlie Hunnam on your phone''. And, because it's a long line, she does.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Extreme Fan

What did she say then? Because we all know, that if she didn't agree with you, she was clearly insane