Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2020, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

20 years what an amazing thing and especially if I understand the show only had what 8 episodes the two of you and the many posters over the 20 years being able to keep it alive

Exactly go out on a high and what better high than 20th year anniversary
Old 07-19-2020, 03:02 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Congrats on the show's 20th anniversary. This board and the mods have been amazing at keeping this place going and welcoming
Thank you for all your hard work throughout the years.
Old 07-20-2020, 08:52 AM
MST Manager

Happy 20th anniversary here at Fan Forum! What an accomplishment, especially for a show that only had 8 episodes! Thanks to you all for your dedication and positivity to the board and Fan Forum in general.

A bittersweet way for an end of an era! Enjoy and stay well.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)

And so our adventure ends. And some of us found our heroes, and others uncovered their fears. And one might even say: we've triumphed.
I'm not sure if it happened that day or that summer, but somehow we all felt older, and different. I knew I'd never forget any of it, and I decided I wasn't gonna let it end.
Because I realized we're not just given life experience. We're given the experience of life.

Let's party like it's the summer of 2000, one final time!
[/CENTER]
....what do you mean final time?
Why did nobody consult me?
The nerve.

Happy 20th to the show. Sad that this place will be closing
Old 07-20-2020, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

Deepest apologies, Kush

Thank you everyone for your kind words, you're making us very emotional
Old 07-20-2020, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Thank you everyone for stopping by!
We're going to have to forever agree to disagree on this point, Finnegan. The magic and power of this board was never in its subject, and always in its community. There's a reason why every other discussion board for the show disappeared long ago.
What you might consider "non-substantive" has been pretty much life-changing for every other regular poster on this board, myself and Sheida included. When I look back on my seventeen years here, I will not remember why a character made a reference to an author or something trivial like that, I will remember the people here.
I will remember when myself, a close friend and my co-mod at the time gave each other nicknames inspired by different Charlie Hunnam characters, and used them for months on end and confused everyone else with it. I will remember the time a regular poster gave birth and her sister posted to let us all know so we could celebrate. I will remember sending copies of Ian's show Tell Me You Love Me to a poster overseas because she hadn't seen it yet. I will remember the way everyone here collectively lost their minds when myself and my Ian co-mod at the time managed to spend an entire day with Ian, hanging out and talking. I will remember the birthday cards and letters I've received and sent all around the world to amazing people that posted here. I will remember the randomness of meeting someone on here who ended up living 20 minutes away from me. I will remember the excitement we all felt whenever one of "our cast" rose up in the world and we got new content to enjoy with them. I will remember live watching projects our cast were in, often in the middle of the night for me because time zones suck. I will remember watching two seasons of a show only to see Mark as a dead body in the background for the majority of it, and Sheida being close to blocking me everywhere because of it. I will remember the happiness former posters felt when they return to see the board still here. I will remember the happiness I felt to see them again and catch up with them, often years after we had last spoken, and yet united by our love for this board, our home on the internet. I feel sorry that you never understood what the board stands for, because in truth, you really are missing out.
What a speech! Well done! You captured the magic of the "Little Board That Could" so well! I remember being apart of Young Americans board since the beginning and what you said summed up what this board has stood for over these past 20 years. Memories, Friendship, and Love above all Love are what makes a board so magical.

The story of Young Americans we all could relate to. For a show that only had 8 episodes you showed everyone how 8 episodes of a show can change someones life!

Fan Forum is blessed to have had the Young Americans Board in the family for over 20 years! This board will always be part of Fan Forum history! The Young Americans board will be missed but will never be forgotten! 20 years of one endless Summer! Cheers to this amazing accomplishment! I wish you all the best in life!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 07-21-2020, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
"Little Board That Could"

Really love this.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 07-21-2020, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-22-2020, 06:27 AM
Elite Fan

Happy Anniversary YA fans. I loved that show too!!

You nailed it .... with that post up there.....that is how we on Jason Behr’s board feel too. We have been around as long as you guys and at this point it is for sure about the people that have become virtual friends . Keep on keeping on ❤️
Old 07-23-2020, 04:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Agreeing to disaggree

Quote:
Finnegan. The magic and power of this board was never in its subject, and always in its community. ... I feel sorry that you never understood what the board stands for, because in truth, you really are missing out.
As you say, Anja, we must agree to disagree.

Young Americans was brilliantly innovative in respects I've discussed repeatedly on this board.

All I ever wanted was a place to discuss it. Thanks for providing that.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Happy 20th Anniversary! This place, you guys, this community will be missed.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-24-2020, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

You guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
^This made me very happy
Old 07-24-2020, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Congratulations on lasting 20 years and ending on your own terms, Anja! We'll miss you!
Old 07-25-2020, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Once again, a huge thank you to everyone for being here and a huge thank you to everyone over the years. I remember I became a mod here without even having watched the show (I'd read the scripts, had no access to the show, Anja had to mail me a ripped CD which was then confiscated by the Iranian post office ) but still this board embraced me with open arms and I've had the time of my life growing up with the little board that could over the years. It's been one of the most constant and longest bonds I've had and I'm sad to see it go but it's never really gone, it's always in my heart

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-25-2020, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

I had forgotten about the CD Maybe there's a secret YA fan somewhere in the Iranian post department!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s e r e n i t y (View Post)
I'm sad to see it go but it's never really gone, it's always in my heart
I see what you did there.