Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2020, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
This was the first board I posted on at , so seeing it go is definitely bittersweet.
Believe me, I know the feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Congratulations to this board and to Anja and Sheida and all the amazingly loyal and dedicated people who posted here over the years. I can remember the day that this board was added, and I can't believe that it's been 20 years since that happened!
Thank you Jerry, for your kind words and also letting us end everything on our own terms. There was a point in our board history, a long time ago, when we were almost closed, and your kindness and lenience meant that we lived to see another 10+ years, and formed connections and friendships here that never would've happened otherwise. So thank you, so so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by a thousand kisses (View Post)
As sad as it is that this board will be moved to the archives in a couple weeks, just the fact that this board existed 20 years after only 8 episodes, is a total testament to you two.
Carmen I'll tell you the same thing I told Jess, you were always considered a regular here, whether you like it or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn the Ships (View Post)
I have always been so impressed with this board, lasting as long as it has, with only 8 episodes of the entire series! It is quite a feat and nothing to be ashamed of to go out on your own terms after 20 years & only 8 episodes!
Thank you We've always said we're the little board that could, and we truly are. I don't think any other board will ever compary to our... dedication? Insanity? Inability to let go? One or more of those
Old 07-15-2020, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

"Where would we be without a little love You cannot get by without a little love Everybody needs a little bit o love sometime"~Six Pacs The Getaway People.

Wow I remember this show Young American's like it was yesterday! I had just graduated high school when YA aired. YA was classic! Like a cold drink of water or Coke a Cola on a hot summer day! Cool, refreshing, and oh so good! 20 years later it was a summer we will never forget! Enjoy celebrating this amazing mildstone everyone!

20 years later I am so happy the Young American thread still exhists!

All good things must come to an end I guess. I am heartbroken over this news. I have tears in my eyes while writing this. The YA thread was always a port in the storm. You knew it was always there ready to welcome you back with open arms. You were one of the first threads here in Fan Forum history and for that you all must be proud and must celebrate these past 20 years as a great achievement! The friendships that were made and the good times and memories will last a lifetime.

This is truly the end of an era but like Wlll once said it is best Because I realized we're not just given life experience. We're given the experience of life.

Thank you Young Americans Board for giving Fan Forum life for the past 20 years. I am honored to have always shared the season of summer with you all!

"Someday I'll wish upon a star, Wake up where the clouds are far behind me Where trouble melts like lemon drops High above the chimney top That's where you'll find me Oh, somewhere over the rainbow way up high And the dream that you dare to, why, oh why can't I?" And I think to myself what a wonderful world"~ Israel Kamakawiwooles
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 07-15-2020 at 09:23 PM
Old 07-15-2020, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had no idea that this Board existed. I have never seen the show, but would be interested in checking it out.

Here's Will with my boy Pacey

icon credit: crash landing
Old 07-16-2020, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

This is totally the board a lot of people didn't know exhisted, it is what makes it so unique. You should check the show out, last time I checked it was on youtube still

And you are too good to me Anja! Will try to post here more, so this board can end on a good note.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you everyone for stopping by and for all the lovely words, it was definitely not an easy decision to make but we're both super proud of this board for being here and very thankful for all the people it's introduced us to

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 07-16-2020, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I think you can watch all Young American episodes here on youtube if anyone wants to revive the Summer one last time. Enjoy the Viewing Party!

The trailer that started it all.

Opening Young American Credits credits.

Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by wolkenfuehlen; 07-17-2020 at 12:00 PM Reason: removed link to copyrighted episodes
Old 07-17-2020, 05:47 AM
Loyal Fan

And so our adventure does NOT end

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
Our time here on FF will come to an end on July 26th.
Anja, Sheida,

Happy 20th anniversary, and thanks again for all your work on this board over the years!

Your decision to close this board cannot be called premature, given that Fanforum's minimum-posting-volume requirements have required you two to keep this board alive for the past decade by means of non-substantive posts that have dwarfed the number of substantive posts. I pretty much ran out of new things to say about Young Americans about six years ago. Nevertheless, I wish that we had a place to talk about the show that was not subject to posting limits.

Last week, YouTube. at the request of Sony Pictures. blocked, for viewers in some countries including the USA, all Young Americans videos on my Rawley Revisited YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/IckyGrub/featured. Sony Pictures seems still not to have released the series commercially in any form -- if they had, I'd buy it and tell people about it instead of posting a French video and English soundtrack version on YouTube.

The videos have not been removed, however, and presumably still can be viewed from some countries without a VPN and from any country with a VPN.

The show can still be studied on the Rawley Revisited information fan site at http://sites.google.com/site/rawleyrevisited..

Quote:
And so our adventure ends. And some of us found our heroes, and others uncovered their fears. And one might even say: we've triumphed.
I'm not sure if it happened that day or that summer, but somehow we all felt older, and different. I knew I'd never forget any of it, and I decided I wasn't gonna let it end.
Because I realized we're not just given life experience. We're given the experience of life.
That quote -- Krudsky's narrator's epilogue at the end of the final episode -- is brilliant, both in affirming that life is a gift, and in the switch of narration tense from present to past tens that underscores that the show is the mature Krudski's dream, not a narration in summer 2000 about events in summer 2000, as it has previously pretended, with ever-growing implausibility.

However, you will hear more about Steve Antin's Young Americans. Much more. Its afterlife has only begun.

Last edited by Finnegan; 07-23-2020 at 03:56 PM
Old 07-17-2020, 07:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Congrats on 20 years!!! What an amazing accomplishment!!
Old 07-17-2020, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you everyone for stopping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
The friendships that were made and the good times and memories will last a lifetime.
Oh, you're definitely right about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a thousand kisses (View Post)
And you are too good to me Anja! Will try to post here more, so this board can end on a good note.
Carmen I gotta go find you on twitter, you can't get rid of me that easily!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan (View Post)
Your decision to close this board cannot be called premature, given that Fanforum's minimum-posting-volume requirements have required you two to keep this board alive for the past decade by means of non-substantive posts that have dwarfed the number of substantive posts.
We're going to have to forever agree to disagree on this point, Finnegan. The magic and power of this board was never in its subject, and always in its community. There's a reason why every other discussion board for the show disappeared long ago.
What you might consider "non-substantive" has been pretty much life-changing for every other regular poster on this board, myself and Sheida included. When I look back on my seventeen years here, I will not remember why a character made a reference to an author or something trivial like that, I will remember the people here.
I will remember when myself, a close friend and my co-mod at the time gave each other nicknames inspired by different Charlie Hunnam characters, and used them for months on end and confused everyone else with it. I will remember the time a regular poster gave birth and her sister posted to let us all know so we could celebrate. I will remember sending copies of Ian's show Tell Me You Love Me to a poster overseas because she hadn't seen it yet. I will remember the way everyone here collectively lost their minds when myself and my Ian co-mod at the time managed to spend an entire day with Ian, hanging out and talking. I will remember the birthday cards and letters I've received and sent all around the world to amazing people that posted here. I will remember the randomness of meeting someone on here who ended up living 20 minutes away from me. I will remember the excitement we all felt whenever one of "our cast" rose up in the world and we got new content to enjoy with them. I will remember live watching projects our cast were in, often in the middle of the night for me because time zones suck. I will remember watching two seasons of a show only to see Mark as a dead body in the background for the majority of it, and Sheida being close to blocking me everywhere because of it. I will remember the happiness former posters felt when they return to see the board still here. I will remember the happiness I felt to see them again and catch up with them, often years after we had last spoken, and yet united by our love for this board, our home on the internet. I feel sorry that you never understood what the board stands for, because in truth, you really are missing out.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
The magic and power of this board was never in its subject, and always in its community.
{9/27 08 & 5/11 15}
Old 07-17-2020, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Old 07-17-2020, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Well said Anja

Quote:

Carmen I gotta go find you on twitter, you can't get rid of me that easily!
For sure! I have legit been meaning to add you for years, I have gotten so lazy I am not on there as often as I used to be, but for sure we need to add each other on there I think I am Caribell01 on there.
Old 07-19-2020, 05:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

congratulations guys this is a great achievement

but it is sad to see this board go you have put so much time and effort into this board and you can tell it was loved and cherished for so long . This is amazing but we will miss you

- Hayden Christensen
Old 07-19-2020, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congratulations on this amazing feat of 20 years!

I always seemed to wandered over here after a milestone to praise how long this forum has been around, but this will be the last!

Anja and Sheida, you did amazing at this forum. If it wasn't for you two, i don't think this forum would have been around for so long. I hope you two will still come back from time to time!

Like I said in your mod's goodbye thread Anja, it's an end of an area here at
Old 07-19-2020, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Thanks for the many years of YA here!