Like eenie meenie minie moe
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 01-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 01-26-2014, 08:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Still haven't seen this one and I can't wait for the French opening of American Hustle (february 5th) and for what I've seen of the teasers with some of Jennifer' scenes all the praised she has (once again) for her performance doesn't seem to be stolen.
I've seen "12 years slave" though and that conforts my opinion on it being quite surely the next best movie for the oscars but on the other hand and even if Lupita's performance is very good it didn't strike me as much as only glimpses of Jennifer's one in American hustle already did ...
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 01-27-2014, 06:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Jennifer Lawrence Sparks A Surge In Seventies-Style Clothes | InStyle UK

Jennifer Lawrence Sparks A Surge In Seventies-Style Clothes

Monday 27 January, 2014

EBay reports a massive increase in sales of Seventies clothes thanks to American Hustle

Read more at Jennifer Lawrence Sparks A Surge In Seventies-Style Clothes | InStyle UK

Jennifer Lawrence has sparked a surge in the sale of Seventies-inspired clothes, thanks to her role in the Oscar-nominated, American Hustle.

The film, also starring Amy Adams, Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper is set in 1970s America, and as such, is filled with amazing 70s outfits provided by the likes of Halston, Diane von Furstenburg and Gucci. If you haven't already seen it (what have you been doing?), think navel-grazing necklines, big hair and plenty of gold jewellery.

It seems we're all a little smitten with J-Law's look in the movie, with sales of the iconic wrap dress, made famous 40 years ago by Diane von Furstenburg, rising by a massive 201%.

Gold bangles and stilettos also appear to subject to the American Hustle effect, with sales rising by 233% and 103% retrospectively.

Read more at Jennifer Lawrence Sparks A Surge In Seventies-Style Clothes | InStyle UK

eBay spokesperson, Laura Wilkinson-Rea says of the trend: 'It seems that American Hustle has inspired Brits to bring some iconic 70s style back into their lives. With over 27,300 listings of wrap dresses and 1,750 lava lamps currently on the site, eBay is the perfect platform for Brits to find their favourite 70's style.'

Given how amazing both Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams look in the movie, we're not surprised. We're totally bidding on some vintage Furstenburg right now.

By Olivia Marks

Old 01-27-2014, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Jennifer is finally responsible for something I can't support.

Seventies fashion revival!?
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 01-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Dior deal news and this ... is it fashion day in Jennifer-sphere ?
So back to the 70's ... why not for some pieces of this era's fashion .... but not all of it some might stay in the shadows of time behind curtains and closed doors ...
This movie will remember me my early childhood, there was some memorable (not in the good way) pieces of clothes I wish could disappear from photos ...
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 01-29-2014, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Jennifer Lawrence Damaged Some Of Her American Hustle Costumes With Dorito Dust

Quote:
While some actresses might steer clear of artificially colored snack foods while in full 70s hair, makeup, and skin-tight, custom-made white gown, Jennifer Lawrence—our charmingly no-fuss Oscar winner—had no qualms about doing just the opposite on the set of American Hustle. During an awards-season discussion last night, moderated by Vanity Fair senior West Coast editor Krista Smith inside Diane von Furstenberg’s Journey of a Dress exhibit in Los Angeles, American Hustle’s Oscar-nominated costume designer Michael Wilkinson explained how he went about transforming Lawrence for her character’s highest-drama moment in David O. Russell’s period piece—and how Lawrence inadvertently mussed the design.

Describing how he translated her character’s unstable mental state in his costume designs, Wilkinson said, “With Rosalyn there was a real dichotomy, almost a schizophrenia. We saw her at home, where she was sort of hiding from the world, she was depressed and falling asleep under a sun lamp. We liked that she didn’t give a damn how she looked [at home] . . . wearing printed muumuus and shapeless things. Then, when she goes out to town, she switches modes and tries to get attention and make her husband jealous.”

The highest-impact design Wilkinson created for Lawrence was a low-cut, white metallic jersey dress that Russell had envisioned Rosalyn wearing during her climactic scene—during which she confronts and kisses her husband’s mistress, played by Amy Adams. “David really had it set in his mind that she would be wearing this dress that she just poured herself into. He wanted to see every single lump and bump. There had to be a sense of, ‘Is she going to fall out of it?’ It had this dangerous feeling to it, which matched her own dangerous mental landscape.”

Because her character was originally supposed to spill champagne over herself in the scene, Wilkinson and his costume department constructed four different versions of the dress. “And I’m kind of glad we did,” Wilkinson told the audience inside the historic Wilshire May building, “because Jennifer Lawrence is a very . . . let’s say . . . raw and intuitive young lady, and she’s not against eating Doritos and snack food in her costume. So we were glad that we had a couple [backups].” (Fortunately for the production—the costumes were not too expensive. Russell was so intent on the dress looking cheap and stretchy that Wilkinson chose fabric that only cost $3.99 per yard.)

It turns out that Lawrence’s Dorito damage was not the only troublesome stain that Wilkinson confronted. He revealed that a vintage Diane von Furstenberg wrap dress that Amy Adams’s character wears in an early scene, which was borrowed from a vintage shop in the Midwest, arrived with a wine stain on it. But because “we fell in love with it, Amy loved it, and, David was crazy about it,” the team decided to go about using the dress—stain intact—and even created a back story for the spill. “It struck us that in the film, there’s the whole setup that [her character] takes clothes from the dry cleaner that have been left behind. We thought that we would come up with a back story to justify the stain. Someone left the dress at the dry cleaner, they couldn’t get the stain out. And it was Amy’s fortune that she got to keep the dress. She didn’t care about the stain because she felt like a million bucks in it, and Christian loved her in it.”

Another person who loved her in it: Diane von Furstenberg herself. As the designer, who recently celebrated a very special milestone, told Vanity Fair exclusively: “Two weeks before the opening of my exhibition I saw American Hustle and I was blown away . . . not only did I love the movie and the depth of the characters . . . but to see DVF wrap dresses there, not only as dresses, but as a symbol of Amy Adams’s character coming to terms with her power as a woman . . . that was the best gift I could get for the 40th anniversary of the wrap dress!”
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 01-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 01-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

the headline!
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 01-30-2014, 03:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Those are all over my town ... and I love it :
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/28/xua3.jpg
This one is in my street just a few steps (literally) from my home
Old 01-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Cool!
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 01-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

heheh cool

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 01-31-2014, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

there was one at my bus stop for over a week. such a nice thing to see in the morning
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 01-31-2014, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

we have the huge cardboard poster

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 02-01-2014, 09:17 AM
Extreme Fan

From now on I will always think of her while eating Doritos (yeah love them too .... ) ... just did today !
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top