22. tatibsblp
23. xlennie
24. eleonor
25. Pempees
26. holding on to memories
27. baelfire24
28. sourburst

Previous Threads
( 01 )( 02 )( 03 )( 04 )( 05 )( 06 )( 07 )

Synopsis

Based on the 1981 Uncanny X-Men storyline "Days of Future Past" by Chris Claremont and John Byrne, X-Men: Days of Future Past is co-written, produced and directed by Bryan Singer and acts as a sequel to both 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand and 2011's X-Men: First Class.

The storyline is set to alternate between the 1970’s, and a future-set post apocalyptic America in which Mutant stalking Sentinels rule the United States, and mutants live hunted and afraid, or confined to internment camps. The 1970’s X-Men are forewarned of this dark future by a time-traveler who’s journeyed back in time to prevent the coming dystopia.

Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Ellen Page, and Daniel Cudmore return from X-Men: The Last Stand, while James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, and Lucas Till return from X-Men: First Class. Peter Dinklage, Omar Sy, Booboo Stewart, Fan Bingbing, Adan Canto, Evan Peters and Josh Helman round out the film's principal cast.

Principal photography began in April 2013 in Montreal, Canada. Production wrapped August 17th 2013.

The film was shot in 3D.

It is the most expensive film ever shot in Canada, and the second most expensive film ever produced by 20th Century Fox.

The movie is released May 23rd 2014.

Press

Fox Closes Deal For Bryan Singer To Direct Next ‘X-Men’

Trailers

Media

...and just for fun...

Websites

IMDB

Bryan Singer's Twitter

Last edited by Violent Delights; 03-16-2014 at 11:26 AM
Old 01-30-2014, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

Carrying this over, in better quality...

And a few more...

Plus, it looks like Wanda 'The Scarlet Witch' Maximoff will be making a little cameo.

Strictly speaking though, Pietro and Wanda are supposed to be twins (you'll see that In Joss Whedon's Avengers: Age of Ultron), but seeing as Pietro has always treated Wanda as though she were his little sister, I'm fine with this. Not that it matters much...

Bryan Singer Talks X-Men: Apocalypse
The director debunks Magneto-as-Apocalypse rumour

Quote:
Amid Empire's March issue X-travaganza are some of the most concrete clues to date about the shape that the next mutant movie, X-Men: Apocalypse, will take. Bryan Singer talked exclusively about a film that he terms "more of a First Class sequel" than a spin-off of the Days Of Future Past world he's about to unleash.

Apocalypse will take place after Days Of Future Past and call on Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy and co., but not, this time, the original cast.

"What happens in this movie brings about what'll happen in that movie," says Singer of the connective tissue between the two.

While that leaves plenty of scope for the First Class crew to battle Apocalypse any time from 1973 on, Singer disavowed two rumours doing the rounds: that the superbad will feature in a Days Of Future Past credits sting, and that it will arrive on Earth to possess Magneto. "That's not the case", he stressed, "and neither will that particular thing be in the film. People were concerned we were making Apocalypse an alien. It's odd. I don't know where that came from."

And what of that big bad? As our comprehensive guide to all things Apocalypse demonstrates, En Sabah Nur offers our mutant gang a different kind of challenge. For one thing, he's immortal. For another, he needs no food or water. He has shapeshifting molecules that can transform his limbs into weaponry at a tip of his big shiny evil head. Oh, and he can read minds. If you crossed Goliath, Satan and Inspector Gadget, this is what you'd end up with - only much, much worse.

"One thing that interests me is the notion of ancient mutants," explains Singer of the character. "What would people thousands of years ago, without the benefit of science, think mutants were? And more importantly, what would mutants thousands of years ago think they were? Gods? Titans? Angels? Demons? And if such mutants did exist thousands of years ago, what became of them? Did one survive?"

Is it all interesting enough to tempt the director back for his fourth X-Men outing? Singer hopes so. "I’m co-writing the story and I’m producing it”, he told EW earlier this month, "and I’m negotiating to direct. We’re in the process. We’re trying to figure it out, schedules. My desire would be to direct it.”

X-Men: Apocalypse hits our screens in 2016, while X-Men: Days Of Future Past arrives on May 22 this year.

Wolverine's Metal Claws In X-Men: Days Of Future Past Explained
Hint: Magneto is involved

Quote:
If you've seen last year's The Wolverine, read on. If not, abandon all hope because we are sounding the spoiler siren. What is about to be revealed concerns Logan's claws, and explains why they will be both bone and metal over the course of X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

During the final fight in The Wolverine, Logan-San had his adamantium claws sliced clean off by The Silver Samurai, leaving him with organic bone claws that grow back through the stubs of the adamantium coating. But, as eagle-eyed X-fans will have noticed, the future version of Wolverine in Days Of Future Past has his shiny throat-slicers back in action. How?

Director Bryan Singer explains that Magneto's ability to manipulate metal might have something to do with it. The Master Of Magnetism could, perhaps, "reconstitute the adamantium claws... [Wolverine] has a different relationship with Magneto, and perhaps Magneto could forge them."

Singer is circumspect there, but it seems clear that what many presumed is what will come to pass: faced by such a great foe as the mutant-hunting Sentinels in the future, Magneto helps Wolverine with his hand-blades. We know that Magneto can manipulate adamantium at will: not only can he freeze Wolverine in his tracks with a thought, the comics also saw him rip the metal off Logan's skeleton molecule by molecule. Ouch.

Bryan Singer On Rogue Being Cut From X-Men: Days Of Future Past
Might she actually be in the film after all?

Quote:
The most popular response to our X-Men: Days Of Future Past cover reveals on Twitter was, "OMG!" Only slightly less popular was, "Wait, how come Rogue gets an Empire cover when she's not in the movie any more?" Inside the issue - on shelves now - director Bryan Singer and writer Simon Kinberg shine a little more light on the situation.

"It was one real sequence in the movie," explains Kinberg. "We felt like it was taking tension out of the main story drive."

This is the sole scene Singer revealed he had cut from the film during the editing process a month ago, much to the chagrin of fans who wanted to see more of Anna Paquin's touchy mutant, especially as she is apparently a survivor of the Sentinel apocalypse along with Ian McKellen's Magneto, Patrick Stewart's Professor X, Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and the rest.

"It does not mean that we won't see her in the film," Singer adds, enigmatically. "Also, I hope to make the sequence available on the DVD as she was quite wonderful in it. She is an important part of the X-Men family. I 'm very pleased she will remain as one of Empire's anniversary covers."

The most important thing to note there is that, "it does not mean that we won't see her in the film." Presumably, even with Rogue's key scene removed, the character will have a background role of some capacity.

Oh, and Thanks for the New Thread!
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 01-30-2014 at 09:11 AM
Old 01-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

thanks for the new thread I hope I get my copy tomorrow
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 01-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

It's a fascinating article. (Lots to go through)

What I found most interesting was that the story seems very much to be Matthew Vaughan's and Simon Kinberg's. The time-travel idea came from Singer, but it was Kinberg who said Days of Future Past, and it was Vaughan who said their time-traveler should be Wolverine. Vaughan set 1973 as the year, and it was both he and Kinberg who opted to include the Kennedy assassination into the film's back-story, and decided that all of the original X-Men - or at least as many as would fit - should be brought back into play.

Singer seems to have had a great deal to do with shaping the screenplay alongside Kinberg, but the beats of the movie were laid in place before he took back the director's chair, and made it all his own again.

Empire seem quite convinced that this will be the biggest X-Men movie of them all. That much at least, seems certain. But they go further, suggesting that it may indeed be the biggest superhero epic yet committed to the screen...
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 01-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

ohhhhh those pics WOOOOOOOW

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 01-31-2014, 05:42 AM
Master Fan

~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 01-31-2014, 05:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Man I wanted to see Rogue because she is part of the core of Xmen. Its almost as bad as excluding Xavier from the movie but whatever. And in the movie Rogue wasn't as interesting as I saw in the comics and cartoon. She was suppose to be strong and badass, not useless and clueless.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
It's a fascinating article. (Lots to go through)
just looking at the Contents and it's over 30 pages
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 01-31-2014, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
"Mutant and proud". I love that she slowly accepts herself and who she is.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by holding on to memories (View Post)
"Mutant and proud". I love that she slowly accepts herself and who she is.
Yeah, but it gets pretty dark from there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
just looking at the Contents and it's over 30 pages
32. Not counting the Interview with Bryan Singer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyknights (View Post)
Man I wanted to see Rogue because she is part of the core of Xmen. Its almost as bad as excluding Xavier from the movie but whatever. And in the movie Rogue wasn't as interesting as I saw in the comics and cartoon. She was suppose to be strong and badass, not useless and clueless.
Okay, I'm gonna' tackle this.

Rogue in the movies first of all, is younger and indeed far less experienced than the Rogue of the 90’s cartoon series, or the comics. In a lot of ways X1 & 2 are her origin story, she doesn’t even become an X-(Wo)Man until the third act of the third movie, if then. In X1 she is just coming to terms with her mutation, and it is that which drives the character. In fact it was the nature of her mutation, and her youth which most interested Bryan Singer.

From the beginning, Rogue assumes the role of the every-mutant, and conversely the mutant among the mutants. Her power is so potent an allegory for alienation and self-conscious anxiety that it must have been screaming out to be exploited cinematically when those guys set out to adapt the sprawling, and increasingly convoluted comic series into a streamlined, narrow-band movie. Indeed it was X-Men’s discovery of a very human and socio-political dimension to the world of super-heroics which set it apart from those that had preceded it. Those of us familiar with the source material know that it was always there, but there’s no denying that it caught the attention of filmmakers and film critics alike, and ignited an interest in the comicbook/superhero movie that has only grown stronger since. The sensitive, and human portrayal of Rogue had much to do with that.

And while she might not have her super-strength or be able to fly, this Rogue is hardly weak, nor is she clueless. This is a girl who takes off to fend for herself following the emergence of a power which casts her as leech and pariah. A girl who forges a new life for herself despite the fear she must be holding inside her, and the knowledge that a normal existence will be forever denied her. The character gets short-shrift in the third movie, and that might be the root of the problem here. Rogue was on a trajectory towards becoming an integral and powerful X-Man – in fact it seems Days’ had intended to cast her very much in that light, until it became clear that the portion of the narrative which featured her was wholly superfluous and detrimental to pacing - X3 side-lined all that in favour of an ill-advised, and whisper-thin mutant-cure inspired sub-plot, designed to wrap her story up in an all too neat, and quite frankly insulting manner which left a sour note in the air. But there’s so many misjudgements in that movie, it’s almost better to disregard them going forward. Wipe them away with some economically phrased piece of exposition, and move on.

Maybe in the future we’ll be treated to a boosting of her super-powers but as it stands, at least in terms of the first two X-Movies, Rogue is a fully realised character, self-possessed and strong-willed, with a streak of tragedy to her tale, and a lot of room for future development.

There was at one point, talk of developing the X-Kids (Rogue, Ice-Man, COLLOSUS, Shadowcat etc.) into a stand-alone movie. Considering what Lauren Schuler-Donner has been saying about spin-offs and Fox’s desire to create a fully formed X-Verse for cinema, maybe that’s an idea that might make a comeback in some form or other.

I suppose we’ll see…

~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 02-01-2014 at 05:52 AM
Old 01-31-2014, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

btw next title should be hannah has a magazine cover

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 02-01-2014, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, but it gets pretty dark from there...
Yep but I think I'll always sympathize with the character.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

yes once you get to know why she is the way she is now, you kinda felt bad for her

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 02-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

Rebecca had that brilliant line in X1:

Quote:
"People like you are the reason I was afraid to go to school as a child."

That to me, is what they're exploring with Mystique in First Class. The little girl/young woman afraid to be herself, ashamed of who she is, and how she finally manages to accept her mutation.

Her arc in Day's should be about how she goes from there, to militant pro-mutant activist, willing to do unspeakable things for her cause...

~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 02-01-2014 at 04:27 PM
Old 02-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

^^^ and she is gonna nail it.

I still know why is Magneto attacking her in that scene we filmed, I get why he's attacking Beast, unless he's defending Mystique.

I know she jumps of a window and get hurt

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Closed Thread   Post New Thread