Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
They're just mad cause she's not a mute robot statue like RR was.
Maybe, but that's not comic Mystique either. Believe me, I've been there since the start, and they've NEVER been happy. I don't care.

Quote:
Are those pics there recent?
They're from the Apocalypse shoot, yes.

Quote:
Bryan Singer teases his idea for an X-Men/Fantastic Four crossover
It's all very much dependent on how FF does, as to how soon this happens. Honestly the idea doesn't excite me overmuch, though at the same time I'm not against it. It could be a lot of fun, but if it never happened I wouldn't be disappointed.
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Yes. But that's the movie version they've become accustomed too. The first version is always the best. Even if you've got a 3 Time Oscar Nominee and 1 time winner. The Mute Swuitsuit model was still better.

Fox needs to start up their own cinematic universe too.

Bring on the more Jen pics. How do those paps get those shots though? In a tree?

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 07-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

(BTW Marvel aren't cancelling X-Men. Jeff Lemire was just announced as the new writer, with Humberto Ramos on art duties. )

Quote:
Yes. But that's the movie version they've become accustomed too. The first version is always the best. Even if you've got a 3 Time Oscar Nominee and 1 time winner.
Yeah, but it's the same thing, from a different perspective. Give it ten years, and Lawrence's Mystique will be the gold standard. It's all subjective. Which is why it's pointless.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

That's good to hear.

And I guess we'll just have to wait until the possible reboot and a new actress as Mystique. Only for them to appreciate Jen.

From SFX magazine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psggupbhtf.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psglknownl.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psyinkpyib.jpg

Last edited by J-LawForever; 07-23-2015 at 06:02 PM
Old 07-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh just wait next week

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 07-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Those images are both too big (rulz) and too small (text).
Old 07-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

nothing is perfect

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-23-2015, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
oh just wait next week
What's going on next week?

Magneto thinks otherwise.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Vacatioooooon

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-23-2015, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

I thought you were on vacation already?

So that gives you more free time to stalk around the set?

Old 07-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

no tomorrow

and

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 07-23-2015, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

I thought so. Remember I want that autograph you promised.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I guess we'll just have to wait until the possible reboot and a new actress as Mystique. Only for them to appreciate Jen.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psyinkpyib.jpg
A reboot won't won't even be necessary. Already critics are hailing Lawrence's version as being better and more interesting (because frankly, it is). Add in ten years, the increased status for Lawrence that comes with longevity, and the inevitable nostalgia that comes with time, and her version will be beloved, if it isn't already.

There'll still be grumbling, as there is with Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, but the overall vibe will be positive. In truth, it's largely positive even now, and that despite the way it deviates from the source material.

Rebecca's Mystique was more of a cipher. The two dimensional rendering of the character permitted fanboys to impose whatever backstory, and character dynamics they wished. Lawrence's version doesn't permit that, because it is defined within the narrative. That definition moves it away from the comic version, and that grates with fans. Throw in Lawrence's status as the most sought after actress in Hollywood, which puts her in a place where she doesn't need X-Men, and you've got a situation that gives rise to comic fans inherent inferiority complex, which largely presents in the form of a self-righteous and vapid superior attitude. This is made more acute by the fact of Lawrence's gender. So now anything that they don't like is immediately deemed to be a result of her arrogantly throwing her weight around. Rebecca never had any such clout - X-Men was always bigger than she was - so that sort of behaviour couldn't be imagined. The truth is she grumbled about the the paint just as much, in fact more. She even vomited blue on one occasion. But she had none of Jennifer's power and agency that so threatens the fanboy psyche, and thus she is preferred. A similar thing happened with Halle Berry who became a big star and an Oscar contender between X1 and X2, and rightly pushed for Storm to be given more to do. Fan's called her a diva for that too. It's all tired, repetitive horse-**** quite honestly.

Jennifer is playing the role as written, and while the production will always work to accommodate any actor, particularly one of her status, the movie comes first, and she's under contract. She'll be blue when they say she is, and not whenever they deem it appropriate to the narrative. Plain and simple.

Sorry you can't make it to the reading, Hannah. I'd have gone on my own though.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 07-24-2015 at 11:34 AM
Old 07-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Another great mini read as always.

I guess I spend too much time on sites with fanboys who over analyze things.

I know one person said the story should come first, and not the person that's playing them. I think they were trying to say they should make the newer characters the fore front. Like Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Jean. While pushing back characters like Mystique. But they won't do so because she is played by Jennifer Lawrence.

On another site I saw someone say they wouldn't mind if Jen was playing Rogue. But they don't like her as Mystique. I guess they feel they want her as Mystique 100% like RR was. Meaning blue all the time. Compared to Jen just playing Raven. Going If she's in the mansion why is she still in her human form yet? Or even in the Jet for?

Going this isn't what would happen in the story. And she is telling them to do this, and to do that. and all that other hot garbage that you mentioned.

But I think my problem is I need to stop looking at those sites already. Messing with my head,

Old 07-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Yeah, just here.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Closed Thread   Post New Thread