Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2015, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

wouldn't take very long though.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 05-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
wouldn't take very long though.
Nope. Not very long.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 05-12-2015, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah its juts like a week

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 05-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

So we going to use a title, or just keep the one already in use?

I'll see you and Jen there. I'll be the guy standing there holding these

Old 05-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

whats the title again???

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 05-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
whats the title again???
The one about the clothe being a part of her.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Fox Mints ‘The New MutantsX-Men Spinoff; ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ Helmer Josh Boone To Direct

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Fox has closed a deal with The Fault In Our Stars director Josh Boone to co-write and direct The New Mutants, a standalone spinoff that expands its X-Men movie universe. The series, already part of the X-Men Comics universe, introduces a new crop of mutant characters born with special powers. Boone will co-write with Knate Gwaltney. Simon Kinberg will produce with Lauren Shuler Donner.

It is not surprising that the studio would want Boone to grow into bigger things. He came out of nowhere to direct The Fault In Our Stars, an adaptation of the John Green novel The Fault In Our Stars. The book had a rabid youthful fan base, but Boone showed a strong feel in bringing youthful pathos to the screen, and while Shailene Woodley was already an emerging star, both Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolff broke through as new stars on that film. The result was a $12 million budget Fox 2000 film that grossed $307 million worldwide. Boone became a hot director right away off that success, and among the projects he has been linked to are adaptations of the Stephen King novels The Stand and Lisey’s Story. He’s also been mentioned as one of the directors Marvel and Sony have been sweet on for the live action Spider-Man franchise reboot. Next up for him is The Vampire Chronicles at Universal, a reboot based on the Anne Rice novels that were turned into Interview With The Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. The Stand would go after, so The New Mutants is a couple years away.

Said Kinberg of the X-Men expansion with Boone: “We’re so excited to explore this new part of the X-Men universe, and so excited to do it with Josh, who is uniquely suited to tell this story about young characters.”

Fox has done well mining its X-Men franchise. Ryan Reynolds is playing Deadpool with Tim Miller directing, and Bryan Singer is directing X-Men: Apocalypse for 2016. James Mangold and Hugh Jackman are also doing another Wolverine installment with Hugh Jackman. Behind those is Gambit, a movie that has Channing Tatum attached to star. Those are the current X-Men priorities but it is proactive of Fox to keep new films in the pipeline and to re-engage Boone, who’s repped by CAA and attorney Gregory Slewett. Gwaltney is also CAA.
Glad to see that they'r moving forward with a Mutant team picture, as opposed to simply focusing on solo outings...
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 05-13-2015, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Which is the opposite of what someone else on here said they wanted to do.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
Which is the opposite of what someone else on here said they wanted to do.
Well, it was entirely possible that they might have gone that way.

Marvel Studios built the Avengers out of solo pictures, so Fox might have simply attempted to emulate that. No doubt there will be solo pictures (there already are in the form of Wolverine, Deadpool and the proposed Gambit movie) but New Mutants suggests that Fox understand that the X-Men aren't the Avengers. They work differently...
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 05-13-2015, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

You think Fox is taking a page out of Marvel's playbook?

Old 05-13-2015, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

Well, they're playing the shared universe game certainly, but where the Avengers were built by combing the stars of preexisting comic books, the X-Men started life as a team book. Once they got popular enough to warrant expansion, they were, more often than not, spun-off into different types of team books.

The reason being that Mutants aren't superheros, not in the way that the Avengers are, they're a minority group who organize into like-minded collectives. The X-Men are a search and rescue team, at least that's how Xavier conceived them, where X-Force for instance, are more of a paramilitary group, fighting a guerrilla war to safeguard mutants and advance the cause of mutant rights.

So the X-franchise is built out of various x-teams, with differing agendas.

Anyway, this news seems to suggest that Fox gets the difference, which is encouraging.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 05-13-2015, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Since I heard Deadpool will be part of the X-World. I'll place this here.

The Past Catches Up in a New X-Men: Apocalypse Photo!
Quote:
Who are these mysterious uniformed men and what role will they play in 20th Century Fox’s summer 2016 mutant ensemble, X-Men: Apocalypse? We’re not quite sure yet, but they’re the focus of the latest Instagram tease from director Bryan Singer, who accompanies the shot with the equally mysterious caption, “The past catches up.” Check out the full shot below!

Although it’s only speculation, it seems a distinct possibility that these men are hunting Michael Fassbender’s Magneto and have therefore made a point to arm themselves without using any metal objects.

James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, and Nicholas Hoult are also set to lead the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse, which will also see the return of Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, Evan Peters as Quicksilver, Lucas Till as Havok and newcomers Alexandra Shipp as Storm, Sophie Turner Jean Grey, Ben Hardy as Angel, Tye Sheridan as Cyclops, Olivia Munn as Psylocke and Lana Condor as Jubilee. Oscar Isaac is also starring as the film’s title antagonist with Simon Kinberg scripting from a treatment by Mike Dougherty, Dan Harris and Kinberg.

Said to be the conclusion of a trilogy started with X-Men: First Class and continued with X-Men: Days of Future Past, the Bryan Singer directed X-Men: Apocalypse is set for release on May 27, 2016.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...photo#/slide/1

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by J-LawForever; 05-13-2015 at 04:03 PM
Old 05-13-2015, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
The one about the clothe being a part of her.
exact title

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 05-13-2015, 05:30 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't recognize those uniforms. Only thing like those hats in America in the 80s except maybe railroad conductors. Maybe there's Eastern Bloc cops? I have no idea what's up with the girl with them.

"Past catches up." A flashback?

About "The New Mutants", I don't think anyone was done a YA superhero film yet. Except maybe Kickass.

Last edited by sunworshipper; 05-13-2015 at 06:06 PM
Old 05-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
exact title
Here.

Raven/Mystique {X Men} #19 - My clothes are just an extension of my body. I'm always naked.

I know some will love this.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread