Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Passionate Fan

From Vanity Fair...

Quote:
Last week, Darren Aronofsky dazzled the Venice Film Festival with his much-anticipated horror movie Mother. And on Sunday, Jennifer Lawrence stopped by Vanity Fair’s video suite at the Toronto Film Festival to discuss everything about the project—from how co-star Michelle Pfeiffer intimidated her on set to the unexpected soundtrack that eased her descent into total darkness.
“This was the most that was ever demanded of me from a movie,” Lawrence told V.F. Executive West Coast Editor Krista Smith. (Indeed, she hyperventilated so much that she dislocated a rib while filming one particular scene.) “I was depleted.”

In the film, Lawrence and Javier Bardem star as a married couple who invite strangers (played by Pfeiffer and Ed Harris) into their home, only for horrific events to ensue.

Said Lawrence, “The character is really different than anything I had ever done, so I tried to find this new part of myself that I didn’t even know I had. I didn't know I could be vulnerable. As the film goes on, more and more was demanded of me, and it was exhausting and dark.”
The film is so dark, in fact, that the production crew set up a tent where Lawrence could watch episodes of Keeping Up with the Kardashians so that she could maintain her sanity between scenes. Speaking on Sunday, Lawrence revealed that, while some characters listen to music to get into character, the actress actually listened to music to get out of her character’s mindset.

“I would do a scene and then listen to Bruce Springsteen's ‘Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town,’” Lawrence laughed. “Afterwards, Darren would come up to me with a note and I’d be singing, ‘Santa Claus. . . ’”

The film, which opens in theaters on September 15, is heavily allegorical. Lawrence revealed how Aronofsky first explained the movie to her: “When he first approached me, he just had these ideas—this huge allegory. These metaphors that were so incredible and so unique. Then he wrote a script in five days and created a narrative through all of it, and condensed the universe and these biblical metaphors into one house.”

Lawrence said that the cast spent three months rehearsing the film—a conveniently long preparation period, considering the actress was greatly intimidated by Pfeiffer at first.

“It took me like three days to just get over her beauty, just to go up to her and say, ‘Hi.’ She’s just the most beautiful woman ever. And then there is Penelope Cruz, who visited Javier on set. I was just like, ‘Is there a room where I can just go hang myself?’ [Michelle] was just incredible and then when she started acting. . .she brought so much. I think this is her greatest role.” (Take a look at one chilling preview of Pfeiffer’s work opposite Lawrence here.)

As for the film’s genre, Lawrence tried to clarify: “I feel like we are saying [it’s a horror movie] to prepare people. . .It’s not a jumpy movie. But it is an assault. I watched the movie in Venice, and I was shaking. I was just like, ‘What have we done?’ Once I got back to my hotel room and the images were gone [from my head], I was just left with that visceral feeling and I was like, ‘Ahhh. That’s what he’s doing.”

Asked what she hopes people take away from the film, the actress said, “I have heard a million different interpretations for the film, and no one is wrong. But for me, it is about empathy for our Earth. I hope that people can viscerally feel and see how we are abusing our only home, and if we can start feeling empathy, maybe action will follow.”

When Smith complimented Lawrence on finding her public voice—speaking out on important subjects like Donald Trump’s presidency and the wage gap—the Oscar-winning actress replied, “Thanks. But I am still making monthly public apologies.”

She revealed that her publicist has actually devised a way to keep her off of social media.

“I don’t have a password to my Facebook,” Lawrence said. “I have to ask before I can post something. They don’t let me have the password. And they shouldn’t. One Ambien and whoo.”

Turning to the camera, she then referenced one notorious social-media user.

“I think it's good for adults with big voices to know that they should double check with people before they put things out into the universe like on Twitter.”
lol Jen.

I wish she didn't have to worry about apologizing when she speaks her mind.

ETA:
Ridiculous that Jen has to address her comments about Trump and the horrible weather events going on but she did just a little bit ago on her Facebook page.

Quote:
My remarks were taken grossly out of context. Obviously I never claimed that President Trump was responsible for these tragic hurricanes. That is a silly and preposterous headline that is unfortunate, because it detracts from the millions of lives that are being impacted by these devastating storms and the recent earthquake. What is really important is focusing on the ways we can help. My heart is with everyone affected and the brave first responders who are working to keep us all safe. Please join me in donating to:
United Way of Houston https://www.unitedwayhouston.org
Save The Children www.savethechildren.org
Americares https://www.americares.org

Last edited by mlkj13; 09-10-2017 at 04:11 PM
Old 09-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

it was a lot more than 'taken out of context', some lamebrain haters on twitter manipulated and changed the wording in the printed transcripts of the interview, and posted pics of the altered pages, thereby all the right-wing knee jerk trolltards went crazy and threw all that trump crap out there. the video interview obviously has her original answers and proper context. geez, social media really sucks at times.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
it was a lot more than 'taken out of context', some lamebrain haters on twitter manipulated and changed the wording in the printed transcripts of the interview, and posted pics of the altered pages, thereby all the right-wing knee jerk trolltards went crazy and threw all that trump crap out there. the video interview obviously has her original answers and proper context. geez, social media really sucks at times.
of course people are going to always look for ways to attack her.

People are calling her names and saying she is a hypocrite. If she wanted to help the planet she wouldn't use a private plane

But as I said. People are just so quick to judge and look for reasons.
Jen even posted this on her FB.

Jen’s Facebook:

United Way of Houston https://www.unitedwayhouston.org
Save The Children http://www.savethechildren.org/site/...pI4E&b=6115947
Americares https://www.americares.org

So those people always looking to trash her. They can go suck an egg or two.

Spoiler:

Jen at TIFF.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 09-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

holy mother! that large pic under the spoiler
Old 09-10-2017, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love the article and love the pic!
Old 09-11-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
Hey, it's what Trump supporters do. I'm sure that they thought blaming the gays and lesbians made more sense.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 09-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

It's just anything ti further their agenda. And most of these dolts are bandwagon haters. Just using this as a excuse to hate on her more.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
It's just anything ti further their agenda. And most of these dolts are bandwagon haters. Just using this as a excuse to hate on her more.

i'm gonna bring someone in to deal with the haters. haters, meet Diana.

Old 09-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Yep. That would take care of them good.

Old 09-12-2017, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Diana, Princess of Themyscira, to give her full title.
Spoiler:
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 09-12-2017, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Jen in Fallon tonight and Today and Seth Meyers the 14th.

Yes, that's correct. She is throwing an axe in the one pic.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

something to watch later.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 09-13-2017, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Yep. Funny as always.

The NYC premiere of mother!

Oh, my god. I'm going to cry. She looks so beautiful.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

i am crying. god, she's mother beautiful!
Old 09-13-2017, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
i am crying. god, she's mother beautiful!
She's the mother of all beauties.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread