Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2016, 07:51 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for the article. Some interesting quotes there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)

I guess she's done with action and big studio films. But I guess she won't get as much now. With the underperformance of Passengers.
I don't necessarily think that's the case. It's more likely that she won't command a big salary.

I know it didn't do well, but didn't the CinemaScope data show that Jennifer fans came out for the movie...42% or so came for her? That has to mean something with all the data the industry people analyze.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Likely she won't be working with Pratt anytime soon. He's Mr. Franchise right now: Jurassic and Guardians and been talked about for others. And loves doing stunts. So franchises, action films, maybe some comedies. While Jen goes for indies, dramas, and she's very picky about comedies.

Jen exaggerates, of course, but she's pretty clear that she doesn't like stunts. Passengers doesn't have all that much action but she still disliked it. I'm more sure than ever now that she won't ever be returning as Mystique. Shooting Apocalypse must be tolerable only for hanging out with her friends. She had rough makeup, action stunts, and an unchallenging acting role.

I am surprised that she agreed to Red Sparrow. Maybe the script did really well by her character. Thank God, she dropped out of The Rosie Project. There are at least two dozen actresses in Hollywood who could play that generic Manic Pixie Girl. These two must have been about the directors, not the scripts. I guess none of her current projects are just about the script although most seem about both a good director and good story.
Old 12-26-2016, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
Likely she won't be working with Pratt anytime soon. He's Mr. Franchise right now: Jurassic and Guardians and been talked about for others.
Avengers next.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-26-2016, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

I guess I'm the ony one still sour about Rosie. I know most of you don't want her in comedies. Because it isn't "challenging enough:" But yeah, keep bringing on the drama's. Don't want her to get pigeon horned into that or anything. Or just actually be a fun movie that's not depressing or anything.

But some of her fave comedies are the original dumb and dumber, Anchorman and Step Brothers.

it's basically Hollywood way od saying you cant get more. we gave you more, and look what happen. Now you will take what we give you and you will be grateful, or you can leave. I'm sure that's what all the male execs are thinking now. You know execs love when this happens. Just so they can put people in their place and show it to other's who demand more.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 12-27-2016, 06:05 AM
Passionate Fan

I want to see her in comedies. That said, I don't want to see her in bad comedies like Dumb and Dumber To or Anchorman 2, both of which she might have made had her schedule permitted. My problems with Rosie were that Rosie is not the protagonist in that film and the story was weak enough (IMO) that the film might not work. She should be lead or equal co-lead (a la Passengers) in every one of her films from now on except for short but remarkable supporting roles (American Hustle) or one of an excellent ensemble (a la X-Men, Ocean's Eight, Widows).

BTW, I think her declared aversion to stunt work and action makes it even less likely that she ever shoots The Dive. That film would probably have involved months of swimming, underwater work, and swimming underwater.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
I know most of you don't want her in comedies
not me!
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-27-2016, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Yeah, all modern comedies suck. I see that posted so much online. Or don't want her to be just the girl. They want her to do more and whatever they have in their minds.

If Jen wanted to do it. I see no problem with it then.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah, all modern comedies suck. I see that posted so much online. Or don't want her to be just the girl. They want her to do more and whatever they have in their minds.

If Jen wanted to do it. I see no problem with it then.
I crown thee King of the Strawmen-Arguers! There are plenty of good modern comedies. The Heat, Spy, Tropic Thunder, The Hangover, Bridesmaids, Hot Fuzz, 21/22 Jump Street, Easy A, I Love You, Man, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Zombieland, etc.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Ugh. Spy and The Heat. All the movies you choose those? But all the others are good and I own.

Oh, I'm not one who hates Modern Comedies. I love them. I'm just saying most people o see online say that.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Jennifer Lawrence on being rude and withdrawn for self-preservation

Quote:
“I think that people think that we already are friends because I am famous and they feel like they already know me — but I don’t know them,” Lawrence agrees over the phone from Los Angeles.

“I have just started becoming really rude and drawn into myself because I have to protect my bubble that is just like, ‘I have a weird job — don’t let this be a reality’. That is more important to me than someone thinking I am rude. So I make it clear by my body language that I don’t want to be talking to a stranger. And if they keep talking to me, I just get rude. I don’t say anything but I am just like, ‘mmm-hmm, yep, nope, OK, bye’.

“I need it — otherwise I just wouldn’t go out. Because I would be like, ‘Yeah, I love you too — oh my God, we’re such good friends, let’s take a selfie’. I would be doing that with 50 people a day. You can’t live like that.”

That’s not to say she is complaining about her life — Lawrence wouldn’t trade any of it. Success and fame also bring also bring unexpected benefits, like dancing on Billy Joel’s piano with her pal Amy Schumer mid-gig, or taking Bono’s sunglasses off his face so she could see the world through his eyes (“I was like, ‘Wow — I didn’t just get arrested by security, I must have made it’ ”).

But most of all she is grateful that: “I get to be an artist and I don’t have to sit in an office.”
Quote:
“A studio is like a company and an independent is like artists thriving — it’s just different,” she says. “So after I finish a big studio movie I am always in the mood to do something smaller and more intimate — then I end up doing another big blockbuster. But it’s not my fault really great blockbusters keep coming across my desk.”
Quote:
As ever, Lawrence has plenty of irons in the fire. There’s the coming biopic, Zelda, about F. Scott Fitzgerald’s novelist wife, and she will reunite with her Hunger Games director Francis Lawrence for the spy thriller Red Sparrow. Then there’s the small matter of the script she has written with comedian Schumer, which she says is “all done” but still a good way from production.

“It was the funniest process — and I wish we could start the whole thing all over again,” she says. “I don’t know how we are ever going to make it work with our schedules.

“Amy is brilliant — she one of the smartest people I have ever met. She is very opinionated but in a strong, correct way and she can always back up her opinions. And she’s f!@#ing hilarious. Obviously. She’s also a really good friend and a very good person.”
Old 12-28-2016, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Nice to see her say stuff like this. But I'm sure most will take what she said wrong. But again that's anything she will say. So screw them. Rock on, Jen!

it's totally understandable on what she is saying. Especially with taking a selfie. Then 50 other will want the same thing.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Nice to see her say stuff like this. But I'm sure most will take what she said wrong. But again that's anything she will say. So screw them. Rock on, Jen!
Old 12-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkj13 (View Post)
Exactly. Nothing she ever says will please them. And will always find a reason to bad mouth her.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

keep on keeping on, Jen.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-29-2016, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
keep on keeping on, Jen.
Exactly. it's what makes her who she is.

Jennifer Lawrence : Madame Figaro Magazine Dec 30, 2016 Issue Scans

Closed Thread   Post New Thread