Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2016, 01:55 PM
Passionate Fan

This looks to be quite intimidating, no?

Reminds me the ending of The Blue Brothers when the entire Chicago police force and Illinois National Guard are aiming their guns at Jake and Elwood.

Last edited by sunworshipper; 05-10-2016 at 05:42 PM
Old 05-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunworshipper (View Post)
This looks to be quite intimidating, no?
****ing firing squad is what it reminds me of...
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 05-10-2016 at 10:17 PM
Old 05-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

HOLY SHT HOW MANY CAMERAS

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 05-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

all of them.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 05-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Now that's what you called getting sprayed. It's a Paparazzi term. where they take as many pics in a 20 second or so period.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2016, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

and the all the screaming UGH I hate that

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 05-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
and the all the screaming UGH I hate that
You got a million people yelling her name. Telling her to look over there, and look over here and all that.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 05-11-2016, 05:17 AM
Passionate Fan

"To the left!" "To the right!"

In the group photos, you always get some of the people looking at a different camera.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 05-11-2016, 08:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Charles: "I've never felt power like this before."

Quote:
Jen: I could not make it through (without laughing). None of us could make it through a take. It didn’t come off that way in the movie though. I thought I would laugh at that line in the theater but I didn’t.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Jennifer Lawrence learns to enjoy rehearsals

Quote:
LOS ANGELES—Two months of preparation with director Darren Aronofsky, prior to their making a film together, are making Jennifer Lawrence overcome her aversion to rehearsals. “I try to never rehearse, because I get embarrassed to act when it’s not necessary and when there are no cameras rolling,” admitted Jennifer, fetching in a décolletage-baring Zara print dress at the Claridges Hotel in London.

The actress added with a smile, “I just picture my brothers, saying like ‘loser,’ and giggling at me. I always get embarrassed. So, I never really rehearse. But now, I am doing a movie with Darren Aronofsky where we’re doing two months of rehearsals and we are acting in a warehouse. It is helping me get over that. But I’m still struggling with that.”

The movie, named “Untitled Darren Aronofsky Project” for now, and also written by the filmmaker, is about a couple whose relationship is impacted when uninvited guests drop by their home and affect their quiet existence.

Filipino-American cinematographer Matthew “Matty” Libatique is lensing the film that casts Jennifer along with Javier Bardem, Michelle Pfeiffer, Ed Harris and brothers Domhnall and Brian Gleeson.

The movie, slated to start filming in June, is one of several projects that will keep Jennifer busy for the next few years.

She returns as Raven/Mystique in “X-Men: Apocalypse,” Bryan Singer’s follow-up to his “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” and finds the blue shape-shifter and Professor X (James McAvoy) leading a team of young X-Men battling Apocalypse (Oscar Isaac) and his own cadre of mutants, including a disheartened Magneto (Michael Fassbender).

“At the moment is key,” Jennifer stressed when complimented about staying as the actress du jour and how she keeps up with the scripts that must be piling up on her desk. “Definitely always be aware of that or else I would have a meltdown in 10 years. I don’t really get a lot of scripts. Also, I am so booked for the next few years that there isn’t really anything for me to read, because there is no time.”

Teased that at the young age of 25, she’s already playing a veteran teaching younger incarnations of iconic mutants in previous “X-Men” films, Jennifer laughed.

“It was really nice with all of the kids coming in—well, they are not kids, they’re all adults—but all of them bring a fresh touch,” she remarked. “Fassbender, McAvoy and I are used to each other. So, it was nice to bring in some young blood.

“Raven has learned so much and has been through so much that it was nice for her to come to this place where she is starting to give back, teach and learn from her own mistakes.”

“I peaked, I know,”
she cracked with a grin when told that before even reaching 30, she has already won an Oscar and three Golden Globes.

Does she sometimes feel that she is living her life backwards? Some folks attain this level of success much later in their lives.

“Not really,” she replied. “It’s all relative. I don’t know what it would be like to live it any differently. I hope I’m not living it backwards, because as I get older, I become less successful. I feel like it happened very soon, so I grew up quicker. But I hope it doesn’t digress (laughs).

“I lived in a rat-infested apartment when I was 14. I put my blood, sweat and tears into all of this.”

As for ageism in Hollywood, Jennifer commented, “Aging for women is a bigger deal than aging for a man. It’s not fair, but that’s life. I can’t change my gender, and I can’t stop crow’s feet or aging. So, I am just going to move on and decay like everyone else (laughs).”

On what kind of a leader or boss she is in real life, and if she has ever kicked ass, Jennifer latched on to the humor in the question and quipped, “I have never beaten someone up. There’s still time. (laughs)

“What kind of boss am I? I find that my voice, when speaking to people who have done something wrong and I have to reprimand them, I go really cruel and mean in a funny way.

“Thank you for thinking I am mature,”
she answered when told that she seems wise beyond her years. “I haven’t been in school since I was 14, so I haven’t really been around people my age.”

“I wouldn’t change anything about my life,” she maintained. “But I’d love to have some paparazzi laws changed for the betterment of all our lives.”

Asked what she would do to change the world if she had her character’s super powers, Jennifer wryly noted, “I don’t know if a shape-shifter can change the world, unless I turned into a world leader… I would love a Trump-free world. But I am a shape shifter, so I don’t know.”

She added, “I am definitely bossy enough to be a leader. I don’t think I’m smart enough to actually lead the world.” (laughs)

Not surprisingly, this achiever relishes hopping from one set to the next. “I love having free time. Nothing in my life is luxurious (laughs). But I also love working. Time goes by quickly when you’re going from job to job to job.

“But I really love acting and I really love my job—and it makes me happy.”

Speaking of sets, Jennifer took credit for introducing the “punching game” or “circle game” on the “X-Men” set which is played this way, per Wikipedia: “A bully holds his or her arm downward, forming his or her hand into a circle. If the potential victim is tricked into looking at the bully’s hand, the bully takes this as license to hit the victim.”

“Well, I brought the game from ‘The Hunger Games’ to ‘X-Men,’” she admitted. But she clarified, “I am not the one who decided to brutalize everyone on set. With the boys on ‘Hunger Games,’ we punched each other, but no one was trying to permanently, seriously harm someone.

“When Fassbender, McAvoy and Hugh (Jackman) got involved, they punched each other as hard as they possibly could. James’ arm was black, and it looked like he had the flesh-eating virus. James smacked Simon Kinberg (‘X-Men’ producer) so hard in the face that his contact lens popped out.”

Jennifer is grateful that the makeup used to make her the blue-skinned mutant has been improved. “The blue makeup definitely got easier,” she shared. “They worked hard on making that more livable, so it’s not that bad now. It takes about three hours, and getting it on is fine.

“But taking it off is hard, because they glue it. It’s intense glue that is supposed to hold all day. You sweat 15 to 16 hours, so getting it off always leaves a mark. Plus, I am allergic to adhesive, so that is ‘nice.’”

On the power of the Internet—Jennifer’s essay on Hollywood’s gender pay gap on Leny Dunham’s online Lenny Letter stirred heated discussion and controversy—she reflected, “There’s good and bad to everything. On the Internet, every single person has a voice now. It’s such a powerful thing. We can hear about bombings that are happening in Afghanistan, because somebody is filming it with his cell phone.

“There are wonderful things that can be done. Information is always important. Now with the Internet, it’s easier to gather information. Giving a voice to women and to anybody is important. So, if you’re going to use the Internet for that, fine. But if you are going to use the Internet to write about why somebody looks fat in his/her outfit at the Met ball, then maybe don’t.”
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 05-11-2016 at 01:39 PM
Old 05-11-2016, 05:05 PM
Passionate Fan

X-Men: Apocalypse–Jennifer Lawrence about the Movie, Past, Life, Mistakes | Emanuel Levy

Quote:
Family Team and Sense
Jennifer Lawrence: It does yeah, there are definitely, I think that feeling of being extricated from the rest of humanity is a kind of daunting experience for all of the mutants and also my character’s relationship with Charles, James’ character, he is really the only family that she has in this whole group with Magneto and with Hank and they are the only family she has.

Youngest Actress, Vet Character
It was really nice when all of the kids coming in, well they are not kids, they are all adults, but all of them bringing a fresh, Fassbender, McAvoy and I, we are all very used to each other. So it was nice to bring in some young blood. And yeah it was cool. I think Raven my character has learned so much and has been through so much that it was nice for her to come to this place where she is starting to give back and teach and some of her own mistakes.

Peaking Early
I peaked early, winning the Oscar at 22, but it’s all relative. I don’t know what it would be like to live it any differently and I hope I am not living it backwards because as I get older, I become less successful. So I feel like it happened very soon so I grew up a little quicker. But I hope it doesn’t digress.
I don’t think I would hope to have to struggle any longer than I had to. I put in my time, I lived in a rat infested apartment when I was fourteen, and I put my blood, sweat and tears into all of this. It’s easy to look on the outside and see that my career grew very fast but there was also a time before that career where I was working for it. And I definitely wouldn’t want that time to go any longer. I love my job and I love acting so much. Making films makes me happy but the sooner I could do it and get to do more of it, is just going to make me a happier person.

Playing Leader and Boss
JL: I have never beat someone up, there’s still time. I found my voice in speaking to people where if they have done something wrong where I have to reprimand where I go really cruel and mean in a funny way, so I am able to say what I need to get across while hopefully being kind of funny where I am like **** you, you ****ed up you *******. Don’t ever put me in a ball gown when I am the most overdressed person in the room ever again. I hate your guts. But hopefully everybody knows I am joking. That, or everybody who works for me thinks I am a nightmare.

Mature for Age
JL: My soul is my soul, Other people watch you, but I don’t feel like I have an old soul and thank you for thinking I am mature, I have probably just been around, I haven’t been in school since age 14, so I haven’t really been around people my age. But I don’t know about the soul bouncing thing. I have seen a lot of ****. Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen.

Kentucky Derby
JL: Normally people who are from Kentucky, who are where I am from, we do oaks, which is the day before, where they race the fillies. So I went to those races. Derby was like for rich people, so we watched that on TV with fondness. But I don’t think I have actually been to the derby derby. Maybe one time when I was little and I don’t remember it. But no, that ****s expensive. I don’t bet. I work too hard for my money. (laughter) I get pissed if I waste two dollars, I am upset.

Changing Things?
JL: I wouldn’t change anything about my life but I would love for there to be some paparazzi laws changed for the betterment of all of our lives. Every mistake I have made I have learned and become who I am for it, so I wouldn’t really take them back.

Future Plans
JL: I don’t really like talking about things that I haven’t actually done yet or accomplished and I would rather just go do them and if successful great and if not thank God I never told anybody about it. So I don’t know, my job is very time consuming and it’s a lot of work, so I don’t really feel like I have to do anything else and it’s a real job. I feel like I have found my profession, so I would just hope I can do more of it in the future.

Free Time
JL: Nothing in my life is luxurious. I love having free time, but I also love working. So time goes by really quickly and when you are going from job to job to job and there are times where I think oh my God, am I going to look back and all I am doing is working? But then when I also have time off I am not doing anything. My job is very on or off. When I am not working there is nothing for me to do, I read scripts occasionally. So when I do have that, when I go from job to job and I look back and all of a sudden it’s been a year and I have been on set, that can give you like a moment of oh, is all I am doing is working? But I really, really love acting and I really love my job and it makes me happy. So I kind of look back and go yeah, but I enjoyed every single day on set. Maybe not every hour, moving into the eighteenth or nineteenth hour isn’t always fun, but every day I was happy when I was on set.

Aging in Hollywood
JL: This is fun. Time moves on, none of us are exempt from getting older. But I am much happier to be getting older, I don’t look at anyone younger with envy because I remember the confusion and my personal insecurity and all of those things that you kind of grew out of. Time keeps going.
Aging for women is a much bigger deal than aging for a man. It’s not really fair but it’s life, I can’t change my gender and I can’t stop crow’s feet or aging, so I am just going to move on like everyone else and decay like everyone else. (laughs) And if you pay attention to that and if you put, if you are worried about looking younger when you are just not, you are just going to be a very happy person. So you just have to find other things to make you happy that are much more important.

Living in this Era?
JL: I like this era, I just wish technology could slow down a bit. I am starting to get very overwhelmed by the turn out of all of the technology and I have no idea how that is going to affect this new generation. I feel like nobody is going to remember what, I feel like this next generation won’t know what it feels like to just be bored and I feel like they associate boredom with depression and it’s not and that is like a little scary to me. But then again, every generation is always like we are doomed. So I don’t know if that answers any question, but that is something that has been on my mind.

Speaking German
JL: My character is not German. She is a shape shifter and she has been alive for a long time, so she can imitate voice as well as she can, so I think that she is just very good with other languages. But maybe, well, I don’t want to say that she is German because that would mean that around the time that she was born I would not want her to be German. (laughs) So no, she’s not German.

Getting Back to Same Character
JL: The blue makeup definitely got easier and they worked really hard on making that more livable. But yeah, I still do because you don’t ever get bored when you are playing the same character because the character is always growing and changing so you are not playing the same person that is in the same place. So I still feel that now, like where would we even be next? Honestly, it’s all just technical stuff and like if I were to come back, how many months would be out of my year because months are very important to your year because of turn outs of movies and it’s all just kind of technicalities but creatively I don’t feel done with the character.

Maternal Character:
JL: I have never found the character maternal and I was like aren’t I his mom? Because I am technically his mother. Did you find her more maternal? Because I never find her maternal enough. But I would like for her to move more towards that and I have never found that in her character. That has always been something that has not really been there and I would like to add. But if it’s not, I don’t know how to describe acting without sounding like an idiot. It’s just never kind of arrived. I don’t know. (laughs) Sorry.

Involvement with Same Character for Years
JL: You have to love the character and you have to care and you have to be excited by the arc. It’s not just about where the character is right now, if you are doing a franchise you have to think about the future and where they are going. And all of that has to excite you and the people you are working with are very important. And I would do a franchise easily. I think that a good film and a good story and a good character is a good film and story and character and I don’t see the difference between a franchise or an indie.

Repeating yourself isn’t as scary when you are playing the same character because of course that is going to happen, you are the same person. You remember the growth. But I never really feel like, the only thing I think about when going into a scene or a day of work, is what the character is feeling in this one moment and if I make it about me or oh no, am I being redundant, I am taking away from the soul essence of the character.

Blue Makeup
JL: I technically brought the game from Hunger Games to X-Men. I am not the one that decided to brutalize everyone on set. The boys on Hunger Games, we do it and we punch each other but no one is trying to permanently, seriously harm someone. When Fassbender and McAvoy and Hugh got involved, they punch each other as hard as they possibly can. I mean, James’ arm was black and it looked like he had the flesh eating virus. James smacked Simon Kinberg so hard in the face that his contact lens popped out. So I brought the game, I didn’t bring the psychosis that followed. Like there is a lot of testosterone on these movies and I will not take responsibility for that.

Applying it is really not that bad now, it’s about three hours now. And getting it on is fine. Having to go to the bathroom is always a problem. And taking it off is really hard, and cause they glue it and it’s intense glue that is supposed to hold all day and you sweat fifteen, sixteen hours so getting it off always leaves a mark. Plus, I am allergic to adhesive, so that is nice.

They normally tape a microphone to your chest and I always have a mark. But I never really tell anyone because it’s also inconvenient like what else are we supposed to do? So I just deal with it and the allergic reaction.

I am normally so tired from having to wake up at 2:00 in the morning and hungry, that I don’t even care. I don’t know, normally it’s other people’s reactions to me, because I forget that I look that way and so my assistant, we were talking about something really serious and she was like I am sorry, I just can’t, (laughs) you look like a monster. (laughter) And I don’t realize that I look that way.

Being in Demand
JL: Definitely always be aware of that or else I would have a meltdown in ten years. I don’t really actually get a lot of scripts and they are pretty well vetted and also I am so booked for the next few years that there is not really anything for me to read cause there is no time. And improving my craft, I try to never rehearse because I get embarrassed to act when it’s not necessary and when there are not cameras rolling and I just picture my brothers, like loser, giggling at me. So I always get kind of embarrassed. So I never really rehearse. But now I am doing a movie with Darren Aranofsky where we are doing two months of rehearsal and we are just like acting in a warehouse. And it is kind of helping me get over that a little bit. But I am still struggling with that. And I cannot talk about any of the Aranofsky film, I am so sorry.

Changing the World
JL: I don’t know if a shape shifter can like change the world, unless I turned into a world leader. But I wouldn’t be able to lead the world so I would look like a world leader and then I would be like let’s eat cake. I don’t think I could effectively, he actually could and that would be great, I would love a Trump free world. am definitely bossy enough to be a leader. I don’t think I am smart enough to actually lead the world.

Testing
JL: I would do terrible at an X-Men test. Please don’t do that. I will not pass it. And I took a little of advantage of some time off after Hunger Games and I tried to go on vacation with some of my girlfriends but then we found out that a disgusting paparazzi had been following us with a long lens the whole time so that kind of ruined that, so we had to leave after two days. So I tried to vacation, which kind of counts, but I didn’t unfortunately get to stay for the whole time.

New Technologies:
JL: There’s good and bad to everything and if you have the internet, every single person has a voice now. It’s such a powerful thing and we can hear about bombings that are happening in Afghanistan because somebody is filming it with their cell phones. So there are wonderful things that can be done and information is always important. And now with the internet, it’s easier to gather. There’s ups and downs and good and bad to everything and I think that giving a voice to women and giving a voice to anybody is important. So if you are going to use the internet for that and if you are going to use the internet to write about why somebody looks fat in their outfit at the Met ball, then maybe don’t.
Jennifer Lawrence Reveals She Used to Yell at Ex Nicholas Hoult in a Southern Accent

Quote:
"Nick always said whenever I yelled at him it was always in a Southern accent," shared Lawrence, who hails from Louisville, Kentucky.

"I find if I get angry, drunk, or really excited I get more Scottish," added McAvoy, a native Glaswegian.

"Oh, I used to yell at Nick and kind of see like his smile flickering," Lawrence recalled. "[I was] like, 'Why are you smiling?' And he's like, 'Because you sound like your dad.'"
Quote:
So what does Lawrence do to maintain her svelte Mystique physique? Apparently, it's all about understanding your metabolism and your limitations.

"I try to work out. Then as you get older there's just certain things [you can't do]," she explained. "You can't lay in bed and eat pizza anymore."

"She eats pizza on the treadmill now," McAvoy chimed in.

Last edited by sunworshipper; 05-11-2016 at 06:56 PM
Old 05-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
You got a million people yelling her name. Telling her to look over there, and look over here and all that.
yeah UGH just let her do her thing and u will get your money shoot

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 05-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
But I hope it doesn’t digress (laughs).
I don't think she will, at least not with her talent & roles she'll get.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Passionate Fan

I think she meant "regress".
Closed Thread   Post New Thread