Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I didn't really like Burn After Reading, but I like the Coen's in general
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 07-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
I didn't really like Burn After Reading, but I like the Coen's in general
It's not their best work, but it's fun, and I thing Kip would dig it.
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Boyhood helmer Richard Linklater is the frontrunner for the job of directing Jennifer Lawrence in The Rosie Project, I hear. That is the Sony Pictures adaptation of the Graeme Simison novel that Phil Lord & Christopher Miller just exited to helm the young Han Solo Star Wars movie. The book focuses on a genetics professor with limited social skills who thinks he has conjured a scientific survey to find a perfect mate. That goes awry when he meets Rosie (Lawrence), a mismatched woman who becomes irresistible to him. The film’s being produced by Matt Tolmach and Michael Costigan. Scott Neustadter & Michael Weber wrote the script. It’s early days on this; discussions are just getting underway. Linklater just wrapped a Days and Confused-style ensemble film about college kids trying to make the baseball team, which Paramount just dated for April 16, 2016. Stay tuned.
‘Boyhood’s Richard Linklater Frontrunner To Helm Jennifer Lawrence In ‘The Rosie Project’ | Deadline
Old 07-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Oh, Boyhood.

But i'm willing to give it a shot for Jen.

But that means this has a great chance of getting made with Jen and him,

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 07-27-2015, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Now I'm on board with this project.

I'm a huge fan of Linklater, so even just the fact that it gives her the opportunity to develop a working relationship with him, is enough of a reason for this to happen as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the very pleasing news, sara. Hopefully this comes together.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-27-2015, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

I did like The Bad News Bears remake and School of Rock.

I just did not care about BOYHOOD one bit! God, I never hated a movie so much.

Hopefully he doesn't cast Ethan Hawke. Otherwise things would be awkward on set. I mean especially after he trashed her earlier this year during the Oscar push for BOYHOOD.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
I did like The Bad News Bears remake and School of Rock.

I just did not care about BOYHOOD one bit! God, I never hated a movie so much.
Love Boyhood, and I mean love. Bad News Bears and School of Rock I would describe as his lesser pictures. I like them both, but next to Slacker, Dazed and Confused, A Scanner Darkly (probably the best Philip K. Dick adaptation), Boyhood, and the Before Sunrise trilogy, they nearly look like the work of a different director.

Quote:
Hopefully he doesn't cast Ethan Hawke. Otherwise things would be awkward on set.
Bet they wouldn't.

Hawke's wasn't exactly a personal attack anyway. He used her as an example to mount a ham-fisted, and frankly unfounded argument, simply because she's the hot young actress of the moment. It might just as easily have been another hot young star, but Jennifer's who sprung to mind. It was a little whine, nothing more. One day working with her would soon show him that she was the wrong example to pick, and he'd be singing her praises come press time, just the same as anyone else who's worked with her.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

BOYHOOD was the only movie I was physically anger at. I wanted to punch the movie square in the face. Especially with that kid. God, don't get me started on him. I was just waiting for something to happen! 3 hours of nothingness! It was like watching someone's boring home videos growing up.

if I wanted to do that. I would watch my own.

Yeah, because he's far too old. The character is in their mid 30's He's far older. But he do that to suck up I'm sure. I mean saying how great she was at what he said.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
BOYHOOD was the only movie I was physically anger at. I was just waiting for something to happen! 3 hours of nothingness! It was like watching someone's home videos growing up.
To each his own, but I always hear folks talking about how they want character driven films. Well Boyhood is a character driven film. That's all it's about. Character.

But most people don't want character driven films, they want plot driven films with compelling characters. Boyhood has no plot, or the barest sliver of a plot, and behaves like a series of vignettes. Intersections in real time, as it were, tracking one human life as it evolves and matures, which has the effect of revealing how we all evolve and mature. I found that deeply moving, and engaging.

Quote:
Yeah, because he's far too old. The character is in their mid 30's He's far older. But he do that to suck up I'm sure. I mean saying how great she was at what he said.
I haven't read the book yet, but i doubt there's a role for him anyway.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 07-27-2015, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Passengers is something I call Character Driven and I loved that script. You actually care for the characters there.

Boyhood is just about a mopey kid who sits around going this sucks. While having different events happening. None of which he does much in. Or I'm so hipster I'm gonna stay in the dark room and develop my pictures. You don't care about any of the characters. Especially the main character. He seems like one of the most unlikeable main characters in a movie ever.

Glad that Birdman won.

Hopefully not. The only sort likable character I liked in Boyhood was the dad. and i'm not a big Hawke fan. But I did like Sinister. But not cause of him.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
I haven't read the book yet, but i doubt there's a role for him anyway.
The only males roles that come to mind Don, his womanizing former college buddy Gene, and Rosie's estranged father.

I don't know a lot about Linklater films. I've just not seen many. The only ones I've seen are Dazed and Confused and School of Rock, both of which I liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
Check out Miller's Crossing, which is a favourite of mine. But I think Burn After Reading and The Hudsucker Proxy will be more up you street. I think.
"Look into your heart." "What heart?" Miller's Crossing is one of my favorite films of all time. Hudsucker is funny. Jennifer Jason Leigh steals that film. But I'd consider Raising Arizona their best comedy.

Last edited by sunworshipper; 07-27-2015 at 04:27 PM
Old 07-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Hawke is only 44. I thought he was a bit older than that. So maybe he can play the buddy. But hopefully he's not in the movie at all. No offense to him.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Hawke is only 44. I thought he was a bit older than that. So maybe he can play the buddy. But hopefully he's not in the movie at all. No offense to him.
Screw him. Eats breakfast and gets an Oscar my butt. Sour grapes for a guy who pretends not to want an Oscar.
Old 07-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunworshipper (View Post)
Screw him. Eats breakfast and gets an Oscar my butt. Sour grapes for a guy who pretends not to want an Oscar.

I agree. The hell with him. He should have a bit of cheese with his wine.

Quote:
I feel sorry for a young actress like Jennifer Lawrence who gets so much success out of the gate, because how are you suppose to develop an appropriate work ethic? How do you push yourself to be better when you get an Oscar for buying breakfast in the morning?
from The DailyBeast, Dec. 27, 2014.

Very shady remark!

Last edited by J-LawForever; 07-27-2015 at 05:28 PM
Old 07-27-2015, 05:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Good to hear Linklater is potentially part of the film. I've seen Dazed and Confused a bunch of times. Boyhood was good.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread