Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
You better get on that!
You missed the point. I mean if she's on it again. That would be the second time I watch it.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 04-17-2015, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

I know Jen's schedule is probably jam-packed already but do you guys think Lionsgate will have another THG event at Cannes? There's a chance she might just start filming X-Men later then everyone else because she has the Met Gala too on May 4th. Unless she starts filming at the same time and only gets a day off for that or something.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 04-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo-4-Life (View Post)
I know Jen's schedule is probably jam-packed already but do you guys think Lionsgate will have another THG event at Cannes? There's a chance she might just start filming X-Men later then everyone else because she has the Met Gala too on May 4th. Unless she starts filming at the same time and only gets a day off for that or something.
I don't know. I guess we'll have wait and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
You missed the point. I mean if she's on it again. That would be the second time I watch it.
You've only seen one ep of SML?

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 04-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I know Jen's schedule is probably jam-packed already but do you guys think Lionsgate will have another THG event at Cannes?
I tend to think not, but I'm expecting a Comicon presence this year...
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 04-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
And if so. It'll be for X-Men. But even then they might be super swamped yet. Be good if she was there and announces Passengers.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Well, if she's going to be there for X-Men it would be stupid for Lionsgate to not have a panel for THG too.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 04-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Well, if she's going to be there for X-Men it would be stupid for Lionsgate to not have a panel for THG too.
We don't know anything yet. But I would have to assume so.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

she was full and she went to the Met gala and Canes while filming x-men

♥ ✮ ✮♥
☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 04-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
Yeah. But I guess it all depends on what she wants to do, and how she's feeling.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
There's a good reason LG likes her in Cannes because that appearance is to help sell the overseas release rights to other companies before the HG films premiere. That said, it's a long trip for just a couple of days with no film to show. Last year was easy because everyone was already in France, in between the shoots in Paris and Berlin. So, I think no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
Good point. I hadn't realized that. In the summer of 2013? Maybe DOR had a point about LG being slavedrivers. Fox seems to give her time to do other things but LG is demanding of her time. She completely missed the press tour for First Class.

I thought they would have a Comic-Con panel last year for MJ1. But apparently fewer films are going to ComicCon. I think there's been some evidence that it doesn't really help a film's box office performance much (preaching to the choir) and apparently it's expensive for the studio. (Just look at those emails about Sony and Jen doing press for AH. Sony would have ended up paying LG a half million just for making Jen late getting back to set in Atlanta on time on just one day.) The cast is scattered to the winds now. I think ComicCon makes most sense for a new franchise to drum up buzz.

X-Men is easy. Everyone is on location shooting. So they just all fly to SD for one weekend. Even easier than last time since they had to round up the old cast who were no longer shooting. There are a lot of new cast members, many of whom might be kicking off long X-Men turns. I think yes for Apocalypse at ComicCon. And Bryan Singer seems like the type to enjoy it.

I'd love for Pratt to show up and announce Passengers with Jen.

Last edited by sunworshipper; 04-17-2015 at 07:16 PM
Old 04-17-2015, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Exactly. It'll be good for X-Men as you said. The cast will be together. Compared to MJ2 being all over the place I'm sure.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunworshipper (View Post)
Good point. I hadn't realized that. In the summer of 2013? Maybe DOR had a point about LG being slavedrivers. Fox seems to give her time to do other things but LG is demanding of her time. She completely missed the press tour for First Class.
I've made this point before. Hunger Games fans weren't really paying attention at the time, but I remember how jealously LG guarded her time when Fox needed her to promote First Class. They effectively got her for a couple of days, and some sat link ups. I expected Fox to return the favour when things reversed, but in fact they've been enormously accommodating at almost every turn. A shame so, that she won't be continuing with the X-Men, but I think Fox have done plenty to develop a strong relationship with her, which may bear fruit for them down the road.

Quote:
I think yes for Apocalypse at ComicCon. And Bryan Singer seems like the type to enjoy it.
We're in agreement so.

Yeah, Bryan has always gotten a kick out of SDCC it would seem.

You're right about the Con though, studios are finally waking up to the fact that a presence there doesn't guarantee a BO return. I don't think they'll abandon it entirely, it still has value, but I suspect they've realized that it needs to be treated like any other festival essentially. Does it serve the promotion of THIS movie? Are attendees really likely to respond to it? Is the cost outlay justified?

Studios have perennially misused the Con, thinking that throwing huge sums of advertising dollars at that crowd would garner a return. For a few years there they had convinced themselves that it was some kind of magic bullet, and it never was, and never would be. 2010 was the example of it going overboard, as Hollywood is wont to do, blitzing San Diego with absurd advertising and cynical pandering. In the years since I've detected a certain amount of sobering up, and last year felt quite a bit more retrained when compared to years past.

Word is that Marvel won't have a presence this year, but they've always understood that crowd (it's been their crowd decades longer than most anyone else), and without anything to pitch them this year it doesn't really make sense to put on a big show. Marvel are part of Disney now as well, and it has it's own outlets, plus they've been pushing NYCC quite hard the last couple of years. But I don't see them forsaking SDCC. I'd expect them to be on hand again for the Civil War year. There'll be a lot more to preview by then.

While it would be a shame for it to fade away, I must say the prospect of Comicon shrinking doesn't upset me overmuch. It has engendered an over-inflated sense of entitlement in the average fanboy, who now sees himself as some sort of taste-setter, which I personally have grown weary of. Limiting the air supply on that would be no bad thing. It would be a shame if it went away entirely though. There's something special about watching fans interact with the creators of their favourite things, and the Con seems like a good time for all that attend. It's a celebration of creativity and passion at it's core. That's something worth preserving.

Quote:
I'd love for Pratt to show up and announce Passengers with Jen.
Theat WOULD be nice.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 04-18-2015, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

I love to see Jen and Chris Pratt announce Passengers there.

You know how I've been with that since it was announced.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:47 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I've made this point before. Hunger Games fans weren't really paying attention at the time, but I remember how jealously LG guarded her time when Fox needed her to promote First Class. They effectively got her for a couple of days, and some sat link ups. I expected Fox to return the favour when things reversed, but in fact they've been enormously accommodating at almost every turn. A shame so, that she won't be continuing with the X-Men, but I think Fox have done plenty to develop a strong relationship with her, which may bear fruit for them down the road.
As Don Draper would say, "That's what the money is for!" I bet that Jen has made a lot more money at LG than everywhere else combined. But Fox has played it smart, especially considering they seems to have first call on her services by virtue of their X-Men deal coming first. I don't know but I'll guess that they could have insisted on Jen doing more publicity for FCif they had wanted to fully exercise their contractual rights.

Quote:
Word is that Marvel won't have a presence this year, but they've always understood that crowd (it's been their crowd decades longer than most anyone else), and without anything to pitch them this year it doesn't really make sense to put on a big show. Marvel are part of Disney now as well, and it has it's own outlets, plus they've been pushing NYCC quite hard the last couple of years. But I don't see them forsaking SDCC. I'd expect them to be on hand again for the Civil War year. There'll be a lot more to preview by then.
Disney have their own event, the biennial D23 Expo, and I heard that they put all the heavy Marvel hitters there instead of SDCC in odd-numbered years. And isn't there's some special Star Wars Celebration event this weekend? Reminds me of how the huge CES show in Vegas was THE place to show new computer and electonics gear every year. Until Jobs pulled Apple out and started presenting all their new stuff at their own Apple events. And many others followed suit or tried to.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't know but I'll guess that they could have insisted on Jen doing more publicity for FCif they had wanted to fully exercise their contractual rights.
They absolutely could have done, but as you say they played it smart, and have I think cultivated a good relationship with Lawrence as a result. Okay it hasn't resulted in further X-Flicks for the actress, but it will serve them in the long run.

Quote:
Reminds me of how the huge CES show in Vegas was THE place to show new computer and electonics gear every year. Until Jobs pulled Apple out and started presenting all their new stuff at their own Apple events. And many others followed suit or tried to.
This is largely the vibe that I'm getting.

SDCC's been around much longer than the current comic/superhero boom, and I don't see it going away, but NYCC seems slowly to be becoming 'cooler' while San Diego's identity is beginning to become less solid. With D23, and Star Wars Celebration (which has been going since the late 90's BTW) very much in the fold Comicon's importance is surely being eroded. We'll have to wait to see how much...
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Closed Thread   Post New Thread