Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2017, 07:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

mother! #4 - mother! is finally upon us. So let us gaze upon Jen's lovelyness and endurance!

Welcome to the
mother!
Spoilers & Speculation Thread #4

“I think it's my nature to try and make original content, and that's what I've done, is just try and approach things in an original way, and do things differently.” – Darren Aronofsky

Synopsis

In mid-October (2015), Darren Aronofsky pitched his next project by reading his entire screenplay to Lawrence over a bottle of wine in his apartment in New York and she signed up on the spot.

The movie will follow a couple whose 'relationship is tested when uninvited guests arrive at their home, disrupting their tranquil existence'. Lawrence would play one-half of the relationship with Javier Bardem playing one-half of the uninvited guests. Given the presence of Aronofsky, Lawrence, and Bardem though, it might be safe to assume there's a lot more to this than is suggested by that cryptic logline.

Websites

Darren Aronofsky Twitter

Previous
#1 #2

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 09-06-2017, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
the problem i see is that domestic audiences (USA) aren't really a 'it makes you think' crowd the last few years, at least. it seems to be all instant gratification and no use of the gray matter, and that is sad. in the case of Passengers, the singular premise of that fine film, was what you do if you were caught in that situation, woke up early with 90 years to go and no hope of going back in hibernation...you were going to live out your life on that starship, what would you do?! a great question of morality and madness, and yet audiences just caved into hater rhetoric and biased garbage media, and unfairly influenced the general outcome of a beautifully acted, set-detailed, shot and directed film. i shake my head at the general populace of my country of birth.

psychological horror films require you to think and feel the emotions of the characters, be in their heads and point of view as the suspense and dread turns into worse, take the journey with them. it also seems by the interviews that there is a central question in this film also. hmmmm
Moving this here from the other thread.

I agree about the statement about Passengers. People cave in or care too much about what others think and or say. Nitpicking that movie to death. Instead of looking at the question it was answering. But they rather just all Pratt's character a rapist and murderer instead. Media for you.

So i'm really scared for this movie. As seeing as most who watch the trailers and then say they still have no clue what the movie is about. Some might say that's a good thing. But not when you're trying ot sell a movie ot pig-headed people. Who need everything spoon-fed to them.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

yay, new mother! thread, and thanks for moving my post, i must have posted it as you were putting up the new thread, lol

i agree with the nitpicking comment, it's all they do anymore, tear films apart to bring some 'reality' to cinema. i watch movies to escape this twisted reality i'm forced to live in, being a tax slave for the gov't, living under a nuclear threat from some escaped mental patient in north korea, pollution, trash, internet trolls, i want to leave this warped reality for several hours, and i don't want two-faced media trolls trying to interject their trash into my escapism. GRRRRRRR!!!
Old 09-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

You're welcome.

And I wish it were that easy. Their so quick to judge one film. But then praise another film for the same thing they judged another. Like what makes that one right and not this one?

Old 09-07-2017, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Thanks Kip!
Quote:
I don't know. If you didn't like something as commercial as Passengers. Makes me think you will likely downright hate this movie then.
That's different, I just didn't think it was very good.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 09-07-2017, 04:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Mother trended #1 on Twitter yesterday.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:24 AM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT

Like I mentioned in the last thread, I'm thinking we have an Oscar contender on our hands and at the very least, Jen will get a 5th nomination. Of course it's too early to tell.
Also, I didn't read the article, but I saw Vanity Fair post a headline about will Mother! scare Oscar voters away. With admittedly no context, it is a fair question. The Academy is an interesting bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiane (View Post)
Mother trended #1 on Twitter yesterday.
Cool!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Certainly true about the Oscar voters being scared. Unless some are freaks.

From the France premiere today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Ceq6YqWi8

Old 09-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

looking oh so beautiful
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 09-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
looking oh so beautiful
As she ever wouldn't ?

Old 09-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

that's the trailer I saw today

I got Black Swan for £1 on Blu-ray, so I'll have to watch that before Friday, to prepare myself for the bat****.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 09-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

I saw a trailer for mother! before IT today. Going in one week, in this theater. You will know where you were wen you saw mother! It had front on screen and a voiceover.

Lets see how you enjoy that.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

As did I before you.

Probably as much as I will mother!
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 09-10-2017, 08:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Some screening reactions from TIFF

Old 09-10-2017, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

great reactions! i am definitely excited for next weekend! go mother! love Jen! that dress!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread