Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2014, 03:35 AM
Master Fan

please hope bradley will be on the part too!!!!

David O. Russell Wants Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro for Joy

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 11-12-2014, 05:38 AM
Elite Fan

I knew there was a thread
Old 11-12-2014, 05:39 AM
Master Fan

Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)

As a longtime fan of De Niro as well, I’m very pleased to hear that he’ll be collaborating with Russell again. He seems to like David, and he really turns it on for him, so the more often they can work together the better as far as I’m concerned.
Yes, absolutely. Weren't we saying that recently about De Niro's performance in SLP, that he really gave such a powerful performance then he's done recently. This is exciting and I'm looking forward to Jen and De Niro sharing more emotional scenes with one another.

This...
Quote:
De Niro's involvement is contingent on Lawrence's deal closing.
So I'm interpreting this to mean that if Jen doesn't do the film, then neither will De Niro.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkj13 (View Post)
Yes, absolutely. Weren't we saying that recently about De Niro's performance in SLP, that he really gave such a powerful performance then he's done recently. This is exciting and I'm looking forward to Jen and De Niro sharing more emotional scenes with one another.
That's it.

I'd love if David wrote him a lead role. So far he's only appeared for him in a supporting capacity, and I love to see De Niro really get stuck into something truly meaty again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkj13 (View Post)
So I'm interpreting this to mean that if Jen doesn't do the film, then neither will De Niro.
Or, to put it another way; De Niro is only interested if he gets to work with Jen again.

Jen's a lock though. Contracts might not have been signed yet, but if David says jump, she says; 'how high!'
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-12-2014, 07:33 AM
Passionate Fan

True. Didn't he originally only tell her do you want to make a movie about a woman who invented a mop and Jen said yes, lol.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

The 'Hunger Games' star is keeping a low profile when it comes to lining up her next role

Quote:
With The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 opening Nov. 21, Jennifer Lawrence is as visible as ever as she promotes the third outing in the blockbuster franchise. Ironically, however, Hollywood's most in-demand actress has been keeping a low profile when it comes to lining up her next project.

Lawrence, 24, who hasn't worked since wrapping Mockingjay — Part 2 in April, is poised to return to action by reteaming with her Silver Linings Playbook and American Hustle director David O. Russell for Joy in February 2015. But sources say that project, which chronicles the unlikely rise of Miracle Mop inventor and QVC fixture Joy Mangano, nearly fell apart due to salary demands (reps for the red-hot actress wanted a heftier backend than Fox 2000 was looking to commit). Active negotiations are still afoot, and all parties say a deal for Lawrence is expected to close. Russell, who will shoot the film in Boston, already has hired his same crew from Hustle.

The past few weeks have been filled with drama and last-minute scrambling on Joy. Production has already been moved from its original January start, and Russell has been spotted tinkering with the script at producer John Davis' offices, first beefing up the male lead role when Leonardo DiCaprio expressed fleeting interest and later expanding the small role of a QVC executive for his frequent collaborator Bradley Cooper. (Bridesmaids scribe Annie Mumolo wrote the original screenplay.) But the project cannot push any further because Lawrence must be on the Montreal set of X-Men: Apocalypse in April (20th Century Fox, the studio behind X-Men, is unwilling to move the comic book film's start date as it already has carved out a May 27, 2016, release). In fact, Apocalypse is being crafted around Lawrence's Mystique character and Michael Fassbender's Magneto. A source who has seen the script says Fox will take full advantage of Lawrence and Fassbender's star power, placing Mystique and Magneto's romance front and center.

Just as Joy started to hit turbulence, other studios with Lawrence attachments tried to pounce, including The Weinstein Co. with its Chris Terrio-penned script The Ends of the Earth. But Lawrence remained committed to Russell — with whom she won a best actress Oscar for Silver Linings and nabbed a supporting nomination for American Hustle — thus keeping Joy on track. As recently as early November, the film was casting its supporting roles, including fellow Silver Linings alum Robert De Niro as Mangano's father. But casting decisions were abruptly put on hold just as Lawrence's negotiations hit a particularly rough patch. (Sources say she also was attempting to renegotiate her X-Men deal at the time.) Now, with the her Joy deal in the home stretch, Fox is eyeing a Christmas Day 2015 release for the film.

Read more Farrelly Brothers Talk 'Dumb and Dumber To,' Jennifer Lawrence's Missing Scene, Jim Carrey's Big Payday

That would put Joy and Lawrence squarely in next year's awards race. Her only other shot, the long-in-the-works melodrama Serena, opposite Cooper — a film she shot more than 2½ years ago — was met with tepid response when it debuted at the London Film Festival Oct. 13. Magnolia is releasing the film on March 27, 2015 — not exactly an obvious slot for a Lawrence- and Cooper-led prestige picture.

And though Serena is seen as a VOD dump, at least it will be seen, unlike Lawrence's filmed cameo in Dumb and Dumber To, which wound up on the cutting-room floor. Sources says Lawrence shot the scene in Georgia last fall (the Dumber set was near the Mockingjay shoot location) but retained the right to nix it if she didn't like it — a right that she exercised. But Bobby and Peter Farrelly, who directed the comedy, and Lawrence's camp deny that claim.
A lot of this is highly speculative, and based on hearsay. The funny thing is that contract and money negotiations likely have very little to do with her. This will be all down to her reps. It looks like Jen put her foot down in regards to Joy, and told them, 'I'm doing this movie, make it work.' Not, as their little aside tries to suggest, because David's movies have brought her awards recognition, but beacause she loves working with David. They have a clear simpatico as director and actor that she seems as keen to continue as he does. Money and awards are secondary.

The renegotiation of the X-Men deal could be about the back-end (again that would be her reps, remember this is a girl who once told her reps not to ask for more money because "that's rude"), or it could be about extending it for the sake of future films.

The most exciting thing in the piece is the fact that The Ends of the Earth is still a going concern at The Weinstein Co. I'm very pleased to hear that.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 11-12-2014 at 08:24 AM
Old 11-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Loyal Fan

When come to money , Jen is underpaid. she deserves more

The Ends of the Earth News are Unexpected , there No director, Until Now right ?

Leonardo DiCaprio And Jen
Old 11-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara12 (View Post)
When come to money , Jen is underpaid. she deserves more
You’ll get no argument from me on that.

Quote:
The Ends of the Earth News are Unexpected , there No director, Until Now right?
Not as yet, no. David O. Russell was attached briefly, but that didn't come to anything.

Quote:
Leonardo DiCaprio And Jen
Intriguing certainly, but DiCaprio seems to have fallen out. We'll see...
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

did I just read Leonardo Dicaprio ?????

omg please it would be amazing to see him and Jen in a movie together.

I'm surprised about the The Ends of the Earth mention.I hope she does that movie but what I got from vanity fair interview,it seems like she's doing glass castle after the x-men.

Last edited by QueenDany; 11-12-2014 at 10:24 AM
Old 11-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDany (View Post)
dI'm surprised about the The Ends of the Earth mention.I hope she does that movie but what I got from vanity fair interview,it seems like she's doing glass castle after the x-men.
Well, if The Ends of the Earth does go ahead, it won't shoot now until 2016, I wouldn't think.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

I heard production begins in February. According to a article I read on Comingsoon.net

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 11-12-2014, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

nobody want Bradley?

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 11-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
I heard production begins in February. According to a article I read on Comingsoon.net
Yeah, that's what THR are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
nobody want Bradley?
Oh, we do. Absolutely! He and Jen have great chemistry, and he works extremely well with David. So yes please.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

IDK if Leo changed his mind or couldn't fit it in his schedule but it would be amazing to see him and Jen together. Nothing against Bradley as a love interest for her. But variety is also good.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Closed Thread   Post New Thread