Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

JOY S&S #1 ~ "I can just imagine David looking at somebody mopping and being like, 'Yeah, that's my next screenplay.' " - Jennifer Lawrence

Welcome to the
JOY
Spoilers & Speculation Thread #1

Fans

Future Titles

'I think I want to make a movie about the woman who invented the Joy Mop. You want to do it?'

Past Threads
( 01 ) ( 02 ) ( 03 ) ( 04 ) ( 05 )

Synopsis

A story based on the life of a struggling Long Island single mom who became one of the country's most successful entrepreneurs.

Trailer

Media

INDIEWIRE: David O. Russell’s ‘Joy’ Starring Jennifer Lawrence Set For A December 2015 Release Date

DEADLINE: David O. Russell’s Joy Gets Christmas 2015 Release Date

Websites

IMDB
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-13-2014, 12:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the thread !
Some of us feared that Jennifer couldn't be an award contender with Serena but here is another chance with Joy
Another name as film title, another movie with David O'Russell (her Lucky charm for Academy award noms (and win)

By the way, the movie isn't even in the works yet and we already have release dates
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 09-13-2014, 01:01 AM
Master Fan

Well, David's writing. Prepping.

They start shooting next year. March, I think...
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanours (View Post)
By the way, the movie isn't even in the works yet and we already have release dates
Just goes to show how powerful David's name is in the industry.

Fall 2015 is going to be very busy for Jennifer between this movie and Mockingjay Part 2.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 09-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh it is happening???

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 09-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

It is absolutely happening Hannah, yes. It's her next movie.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-13-2014, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

sweet !!!!

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 11-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

A Q&A with David O. Russell ahead of his Omaha event

Quote:
Q. Your next movie, “Joy,” is about the Miracle Mop inventor. What drew you to make this movie?
A. Really they (producers) came to Jennifer Lawrence and myself. I immediately recognized a great opportunity to do something neither Jennifer nor I have done. It’s the story of a certain woman, what’s going on inside her from a young girl, broke, to when she becomes a bit of a mogul, a bit of a power broker. And the people she’s surrounded by are extremely ... she has very complicated, deep, personal family relationships, which are the bane of her and the reason she is who she is. There are great roles for other actors as well, to create a world.

We’re gonna take some risks we haven’t taken before, in storytelling and cinematically. I think I’d very much like (Robert) De Niro to be in it, I think he’s gonna be in it. And of course I always create a role for Bradley Cooper. I try to have things people have never done. Then they can get excited, and it’s exciting for audiences. That’s what makes it daring in some way.

Q. This will be your third movie in a row working with Jennifer Lawrence. What would you say are her particular gifts as an actress that make you choose her again and again?
A. I think the good fortune to have a good creative collaboration and a very intuitive ... We share a lot of the same pathos and humor about life. It’s luck, also. You have to have the right thing present itself at the right time.

Robert De Niro In Talks to Reteam With Jennifer Lawrence for Miracle Mop Movie (Exclusive)

Quote:

The move would also bring him back to work with David O. Russell

Robert De Niro is in talks to reteam with Jennifer Lawrence and David O. Russell for Joy, Fox 2000’s story of Joy Mangano, the inventor the Miracle Mop.

De Niro worked with the duo on 2012’s Silver Linings Playbook, which netted the actor an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor. He also made a cameo appearance in American Hustle.

The movie’s casting is heating up at it’s gearing up for a shooting start in early February. De Niro's involvement is contingent on Lawrence's deal closing.

Russell is rewriting the script by Bridesmaids writer Annie Mumolo to tell the story of Mangano's transformation from a single mother in Long Island to a QVC star.

Mangano (being portrayed by Lawrence) is a fixture on the Home Shopping Network with her many inventions, though the mop was her ticket to fame and fortune. She began her inventing as a teen and kept on dreaming and tinkering while still a single mom raising three kids.

De Niro would play Mangano’s father.

John Davis and John Fox are producing via Fox-based Davis Entertainment. Ken Mok is also producing.

De Niro is due to shoot Dirty Grandpa in January then will segue to Joy. He is repped by CAA.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-11-2014, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for posting
Old 11-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

thats great

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 11-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Great to hear. I also heard something about Bradley possibly being in it also. Saying David was writing a part for him.

I know so many are getting mad or annoyed going why don't he cast new actors? But me i see no problem with that. if you like working with a core group of people why not?

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 11-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

Anyone complaining of David using the same actors should be made aware that they're not required to see the movie.

I think David just likes building long term working relationships with his actors. Think Scorsese with De Niro and Pesci. Fincher with Pitt. Greengrass with Damon etc.

Once upon a time it was David O. Russell and Mark Wahlberg (and hopefully they’ll work together again). Now though he’s added Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Robert De Niro, Amy Adams, and of course Jennifer Lawrence, to create a little acting troupe. He’ll add and subtract as it suits him, but that close knit company appeals to him, I think.

It appeals to me too, to be honest. Particularly given the talent of those actors.

As a longtime fan of De Niro as well, I’m very pleased to hear that he’ll be collaborating with Russell again. He seems to like David, and he really turns it on for him, so the more often they can work together the better as far as I’m concerned.

I of course look forward to Jen working with other directors beyond David, and those with whom she works in her franchise movies, but that’s coming. Destin Daniel Cretton’s reportedly on board for The Glass Castle, she’s set to re-team with Gary Ross for two pictures, and as soon as she’s done with The Hunger Games there’ll be directors queuing up to work with her.*

This is where the fun begins…
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-11-2014, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Exactly. I couldn't say it better. if you don't like it. Don't see it. Don't see other people complaining about other Director/Actor duos.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 11-11-2014, 06:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Woohoo! Hope this works out.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
Don't see other people complaining about other Director/Actor duos.
Oh you do. All the time. Eventually, people grow wistful about a long term collaboration, but there's always those who are hostile towards them, or sneering of them. It's senseless, so why bother engaging with it. I've better things to do.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Closed Thread   Post New Thread