Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Passionate Fan

It's great everyone thinks so highly of Jen but we can't for certain know the movie/Jen will deliver on it's promise. I'm sure she will deliver but it's too early to even guess who will be a front runner or not. All this attention is worrisome to me.

When do critic screening take place? A few weeks before wide release?
Old 09-24-2015, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Yes, she will be horrible. Boo!!!!! DOR is such a hack.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 09-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Scott Feinberg (Hollywood Reporter) First Predictions :

Old 09-24-2015, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Certainly interesting here. Especially seeing Blanchett at #5.

Also how all those movies are all almost 1 word titles.

Old 09-24-2015, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, sara.

Guys, these are merely predictions. I detailed why I think Jennifer has been given the top spot by many experts in my previous post, but to reiterate; it's largely because her movie hasn't been seen. This of course, means that her #1 position is decidedly tenuous. Once the movie has been seen, her position will be made more concrete. Experts though are applying a metric that goes beyond performance quality, or potential quality, into an understanding of Academy mores and politics, as well as a bit of guess work.

Anyone suggesting that these current predictions are premature is absolutely right to do so. They are arrived at by making certain assumptions which may of course prove unfounded, but if somebody was of a mind to place a bet at this early staget, they'd do well to heed these experts.

Beyond all that, it's semsible to be a little nervous about this kind of presumption - it's one of the reasons that I've long argued that Joy would be a real test for Jennifer, not because she would be thought to be unlikely to be in the running, but because it would be assumed that she would - it could well be detrimental if she doesn't end up in contention. TIFF though, despite seeing a number of names become more solidly likely, failed to crown any sort of front-runner, so I'm actually feeling less anxious as a result. The only thing that Joy has to do to now to garner some awards attention (and I'm not talking about wins, just nominations) is be a good movie. I've enough belief in both Russell and Lawrence to think that extremely likely. I'm still a little nervous, because there's no guarantees with art (there's always a chance that Joy just doesn't work), but my level of optimism has certainly gone up. No doubt it will fluctuate as things progress.

But listen: while awards notices are lovely what I really want is for Jennifer's nomination to become a forgone conclusion so I can stop concerning myself with it, and just focus on the movie itself, and whether or not I like it.
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-24-2015, 11:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Good post there,

Old 09-25-2015, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

another #1

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 09-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunworshipper (View Post)
What rubbish! Nobody has even seen Joy yet. Which 3-year-old horse is favored to win the 2020 Kentucky Derby?
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 09-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence's "Hometown Hero" banner revealed in downtown Louisville

Quote:
LOUISVILLE, Ky . (WDRB) -- Film star and Louisville native Jennifer Lawrence received special recognition in downtown Louisville on Saturday morning.

A "Hometown Hero" banner honoring Lawrence was revealed at the Kentucky Center.

The Oscar winner's banner was made possible by a group of young fans.

The group, which called themselves "The Lawrence Ladies," raised money for the banner by creating a GoFundMe page.

The banner is the latest in the Greater Louisville Pride Foundation's "Louisville's Hometown Heroes" series.

The banners honor famous Louisville natives and events.

Jennifer Lawrence's "Hometown Hero" banner revealed in downtown - WDRB 41 Louisville News

Guessing she wasn't there. Cause she's busy filming Passengers.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I would have chosen a different picture, but it's great of the fans to do that for her.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 09-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

that a nice banner!!

but yeah they should've use another pic

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 09-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

I wonder if the fans choose the pic or not? Either great to see.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

its awesome

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆

Old 09-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HutchLaw_Girl (View Post)
its awesome
It certainly is.

The story behind Jennifer Lawrence's "Hometown Hero" banner

Quote:
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) --She's everywhere-- awards shows, the red carpet and of course the big screen.
Now, Hollywood's "it girl" can always be at home too.

Jennifer Lawrence's "Hometown Hero" banner was revealed on the west side of the Kentucky Center Saturday morning.
It joins a number of other Louisville greats including "the greatest," and "the Colonel."

At this point, you might have seen the 30' x 40' "Jennifer's Louisville" banner, but you might be surprised to learn how it got there.

A group of North Oldham Middle and High School students have dubbed themselves "Lawrence's Ladies."

"I just think she's really an inspiration because I like acting too," Claire Butler said.

They all are huge "J-Law" fans.

"She's okay to be herself and just show that she has flaws but that's okay," said 8th grader, Zoe Kuhn.

A couple years back, Kuhn wondered why Lawrence's face wasn't on a downtown building like every other homegrown celebrity.

"So many people in Louisville feel so proud to have someone that's a huge star like that from our city," she explained.

So, before Kuhn was even a teenager, she figured out how to make it happen.
The first step was to talk to the city and figure out a price.

"I was thinking, well it's just a poster how much could that actually be?" she said.

How about $10,000? Kuhn needed backup.
She found it with her friends. Instead of doing homework, a lot of times the girls were trying to figure out how to get the cash needed.

"I didn't know how far this was going to go. I didn't know if we were actually going to get there," Butler told WDRB.

But they went for it-- starting a GoFundMe page, a website, and then using that share button on every possible form of social media.

"It got all over the country just from people's mutual friends," said Kuhn.

Their efforts paid off.

"We worked so hard for it, and I think it's just really cool," Butler said.

"J Law" herself couldn't agree more saying quote, "Louisville gave me a perspective and informed my identity in a beautiful and honest way. I'm grateful for this honor and extremely humbled to join this list. (I mean, Muhammad Ali?) Thank you. Go Cards."

The ultimate Card honored in a huge way, thanks to a group of North Oldham Middle and High Mustangs that didn't let money stand in their way.
The story behind Jennifer Lawrence's "Hometown Hero" banner - WDRB 41 Louisville News

10 G's raised. That's something there.

Old 09-27-2015, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

ten grand for that?
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Closed Thread   Post New Thread