~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 12-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Passionate Fan

Now I want her to meet Cher.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

The 39 Most Iconic Feminist Moments of 2014

Quote:
5. Jennifer Lawrence beat the Internet's worst trolls at their own game.

It's no coincidence the 4chan celebrity nude scandal targeted almost exclusively female celebrities. Culturally, we still view women's sexuality as inherently shameful, making the exploitation of said sexuality one of the most effective ways we have to try to put women down. Lawrence, however, is far too strong a woman to be shamed by a few cowardly trolls hiding behind the anonymous cloak of the dark net.

She told Vanity Fair that those who attempt to denigrate women for taking intimate photos are the ones who should be ashamed. "I started to write an apology, but I don't have anything to say I'm sorry for," she said. Amen to that.

Have you ever seen someone come out of this sort of thing smelling of roses like this? There's no reason that anyone who goes through what she and others have gone through should have to apologize for being the victim of this sort of crime again, and that's thanks to Jennifer Lawrence. It would be better of course, had she not had to go through this kind of violation at all (it would be better if nobody did), but she really did herself proud in the wake of it, and changed the narrative on this sort of thing forevermore.

Nicely played, Ms. Lawrence.
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 12-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)

Have you ever seen someone come out of this sort of thing smelling of roses like this? There's no reason that anyone who goes through what she and others have gone through should have to apologize for being the victim of this sort of crime again, and that's thanks to Jennifer Lawrence. It would be better of course, had she not had to go through this kind of violation at all (it would be better if nobody did), but she really did herself proud in the wake of it, and changed the narrative on this sort of thing forevermore.

I know it's no matter to blab/joke about but isn't Jennifer the Mockingjay/leader of the revolution after all ?
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 12-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Master Fan

So proud of her.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 12-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

damn straight, they're both strong females.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Perfectly stated.

It's sickening that victims have had to apologize in the past. Jen put a stop to that by standing up for herself and for others.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Well I don't think that any of them had to do it, but most of them were probably advised to, for whatever reason
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 12-06-2014, 06:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
Well I don't think that any of them had to do it, but most of them were probably advised to, for whatever reason
From what I understood, Disney made Vanessa Hudgens apologize years ago. But I could be wrong. They may have strongly advised her to do so.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

I think being "strongly advised" from your employer is the same thing as being forced to do it. Especially if you are a teenager who has no power in that situation. Even her own boyfriend at the time said "she made a mistake and she needed to learn from it" or whatever. Everyone was against her.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 12-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Next up: 'Believe'
What video is this from?

Quote:

Thanks for posting and well put! Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo-4-Life (View Post)
So proud of her.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
damn straight, they're both strong females.
Both are strong fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkj13 (View Post)
Perfectly stated.

It's sickening that victims have had to apologize in the past. Jen put a stop to that by standing up for herself and for others.
I guess they did it cause they were afraid of their careers. And aren't as high profile and famous like Jen is. Where she could not say anything and it be fine. But with the lesser known people that's alot harder. but I agree.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 12-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
What video is this from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
I guess they did it cause they were afraid of their careers. And aren't as high profile and famous like Jen is. Where she could not say anything and it be fine. But with the lesser known people that's alot harder. but I agree.

Hudgens would have had a morals clause in her Disney contract. There is no doubt that it was waved in front of her. Disney as much as called her a foolish girl in the wake of her hacking, and it's clear they made her issue that sickening apology. She was wronged, and then wronged further by a world that punished her instead of those who wronged her.

Thank god for Jennifer Lawrence, and her refusal to apologize. Things must be different from now on...
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 12-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Go jen !!

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 12-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Thank god for Jennifer Lawrence, and her refusal to apologize. Things must be different from now on...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread