Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2017, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

FORBES: Jennifer Lawrence And Chris Pratt's 'Passengers' Just Became 2016's Biggest Original Live-Action Hit

Quote:
The good news is that the relative success of Passengers makes the case that studios can still make money from high concept and star-driven big-budget original genre fare. The bad news is that the chance to prove as much is getting smaller each year with big money being (understandably) allocated for brand adaptations, reboots and sequels. At the very least, the strong worldwide showing makes a case that Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt are more than just “Internet famous.”
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 01-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

it makes me happy to see that Passengers is outlasting it's haters, love the film, hope it gets some technical Oscars at the very least. great sets, sound, effects, acting, direction, story, great film in my book, just wish the ending was a little bit longer. hopefully there are deleted and extended scenes on the bluray/dvd. i really wanted to see the scene where Jim and Aurora are snuggling in bed, from the early release promo stuff, but sadly that didn't make it into the film.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 01-16-2017, 07:26 PM
Passionate Fan

Such a stylish movie.

Good to see someone recognizing its longevity and box office.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

"this is Deck Chief Gus Mancuso. Who the hell planted a tree on my ship?!"
Old 01-16-2017, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen's Herald (View Post)
it makes me happy to see that Passengers is outlasting it's haters, love the film, hope it gets some technical Oscars at the very least. great sets, sound, effects, acting, direction, story, great film in my book, just wish the ending was a little bit longer. hopefully there are deleted and extended scenes on the bluray/dvd. i really wanted to see the scene where Jim and Aurora are snuggling in bed, from the early release promo stuff, but sadly that didn't make it into the film.
I think there was likely quite a bit of stuff cut out. I like to see a extended directors cut with all those scenes that were cut added back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkj13 (View Post)
Such a stylish movie.

Good to see someone recognizing its longevity and box office.
But yet. Glad to see people are realizing it's a good movie. No matter what dumb critics say.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 01-16-2017, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

something to think about....let's say Jim maybe had one more drink on that fateful day he stepped into the airlock and almost ended his miserable lonely existence, and instead of hitting the red button, he runs out of the airlock and trips over that bottle and sprawls out on the deck just as he did in the film, but instead that last drink causes him to just pass out on the deck for a while. when he comes to, he just kinda crawls away in his hangover and stumbles to his suite without ever seeing the Sleeping Beauty named Aurora. so, a day later feeling even worse and more run down mentally, he just walks out the airlock in his birthday suit and that is the story of his journey.

a year later and many malfunctions later in the cascade, Deck Chief Mancuso's pod malfunctions and wakes him up, but he of course can't save himself or the ship because he is so damaged by the malfunctioning pod, and there is no one else awake to help him except the bartender android Arthur, and he dies in his dress blues as the Avalon goes supernova from the reactor meltdown. 5,285 souls go into the Great Beyond, taking with them Aurora and her story/journey never to be told. a sad day indeed.

fate is the great storyteller. fate brought Jim and Aurora together, no matter the circumstances of their awakenings, and gave them their guardian angel in dress blues, to help them on their journey and their making a beautiful life together. in doing so, they progressed humanity's flight to the stars, by 5,000 souls destined to their own journeys in the cosmos.

a great story indeed.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
I think there was likely quite a bit of stuff cut out. I like to see a extended directors cut with all those scenes that were cut added back in.
that would be great, but it probably depends on whether they were cut before or after the CG was done.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 01-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 01-17-2017, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Love those pics there.

I just looked at my theater for the showings this weekend and see that they're still playing Passengers yet. And they have a 1:10PM ShowTime. So guess what I'll be seeing this weekend again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
that would be great, but it probably depends on whether they were cut before or after the CG was done.
Like you said. It all depends. Cause in that early clip before the trailer. There is a bit of footage of Jim throwing something. He's in a towel and looking rugged it. But wasn't in the film.

Quote:
something to think about....let's say Jim maybe had one more drink on that fateful day he stepped into the airlock and almost ended his miserable lonely existence, and instead of hitting the red button, he runs out of the airlock and trips over that bottle and sprawls out on the deck just as he did in the film, but instead that last drink causes him to just pass out on the deck for a while. when he comes to, he just kinda crawls away in his hangover and stumbles to his suite without ever seeing the Sleeping Beauty named Aurora. so, a day later feeling even worse and more run down mentally, he just walks out the airlock in his birthday suit and that is the story of his journey.

a year later and many malfunctions later in the cascade, Deck Chief Mancuso's pod malfunctions and wakes him up, but he of course can't save himself or the ship because he is so damaged by the malfunctioning pod, and there is no one else awake to help him except the bartender android Arthur, and he dies in his dress blues as the Avalon goes supernova from the reactor meltdown. 5,285 souls go into the Great Beyond, taking with them Aurora and her story/journey never to be told. a sad day indeed.

fate is the great storyteller. fate brought Jim and Aurora together, no matter the circumstances of their awakenings, and gave them their guardian angel in dress blues, to help them on their journey and their making a beautiful life together. in doing so, they progressed humanity's flight to the stars, by 5,000 souls destined to their own journeys in the cosmos.

a great story indeed.
What I said, it's a movie all about fate and destiny. Bringing to people together. No matter how messed up how they meet is.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

future flashlight!
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 01-18-2017, 05:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Insomnia Bunch walk of power :

This Passengers featurette has glimpses of some scenes (photobooth, splashing in fountain) that didn't make the final cut in theaters.

Last edited by sunworshipper; 01-18-2017 at 05:47 PM
Old 01-18-2017, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

i really like that featurette, thanks for posting it. i would have loved to have seen the fountain scene and photo booth in the film. love Passengers!
Old 01-18-2017, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
i really like that featurette, thanks for posting it. i would have loved to have seen the fountain scene and photo booth in the film. love Passengers!
Same here. Loved the splashing in the fountain.

I'm really hoping they have all the deleted stuff on the blu ray. Plus love those pics. Great posse shot.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I don't see why they wouldn't include it.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Closed Thread   Post New Thread