Old 11-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

nice video, thanks for posting it.

i am super excited for Passengers!!!
Old 11-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 11-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Saw the Passengers commerical on ABC tonight!

Heard it was showing a lot on CNN too. Sony's picking good nights to promote Passengers on TV.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 11-09-2016, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

great to hear!
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 11-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

nice, love seeing serious promotion, it means the studio really believes in this film.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

after all the drama with the trailer

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 11-10-2016, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

true, we were worried for a while there.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 11-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 11-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

he's got legs!
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 11-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Must be pre-VFX.

Invasion Of The Big-Brained Sci-Fi Blockbuster!

Quote:
Passengers faced a similarly steep uphill battle. After appearing on the 2007 Black List — a list of the best unproduced screenplays in Hollywood, as determined by a survey of movie industry professionals — Jon Spaihts’ original script spent years with various filmmakers and stars attached, including Keanu Reeves and Rachel McAdams at one point. But no one could actually get it made.

“It’s set on a luxury starship — there’s no cheap way to do that,” Spaihts explained to BuzzFeed News on the set of Passengers in Nov. 2015, as the crew worked on an extravagant two-floor bedroom suite just behind him. “And then on top of that, you’re asking them to bet their money on a kind of story that nobody’s seen before.” Despite the movie’s grim premise — two people are forced to spend the rest of their lives alone on a giant starship — Spaihts also deliberately tried to avoid the dystopian bleakness that had saturated so much science fiction. “To me, it’s funny, it’s got action, it’s got thrills, it’s sexy, it’s got a big love story,” he said, ticking each element off with his fingers. “But if you’re a very cautious studio executive, you can look at it and see nothing. You don’t see a big villain conspiracy. It’s not exactly a shoot-em-up. It’s not just a romantic drama. It’s hard to put in a box. So it can be difficult to figure out how to approach it.”

Complicating matters further, both projects hit Hollywood just as the industry was beginning to shift into a franchise economy, leaving even fewer resources for original productions. ... Meanwhile, after spending the better part of a decade bouncing around Hollywood, Passengers ultimately landed at Sony Pictures in Dec. 2014. The next month, Morten Tyldum, fresh from his Best Director nomination for The Imitation Game, agreed to direct. And by February, Lawrence and Pratt were in negotiations to star. “It’s kind of funny for me to hear that it’s been a movie that’s been around for a lot time,” said Tyldum with a laugh. “Because from when I read it to when it was a ‘go’ movie with two of the biggest stars of the world, it actually took no time.”

Seemingly overnight, these projects went from also-rans to the hottest prospects in town, caught up in a sudden, sweeping transformation in how original science fiction is perceived in Hollywood.
Even though Passengers is set several centuries in the future, Tyldum still devoted a great deal of the production to rooting the film within the physical laws of nature. “Gravity is created by everything in the ship rotating at 51 meters per second,” said the director. “Food is designed by how a machine would prepare food. We tried to be smart about it and still be imaginative and fun.” For the spaceship central to the film, production designer Guy Hendrix Dyas (Inception, Superman Returns) even created a detailed backstory, positing that because it would have taken 80 or 90 years to build, the architecture would have shifted over time from the familiar and utilitarian central command area to the ethereal outer sections that house the various habitats.

“All [sci-fi movie] designers are trying to get in the pantheon of the top 10 spaceships ever designed,” Dyas said with a laugh in his production office, his walls overrun with detailed blueprints for every element of the ship. But Passengers wasn’t just a chance to make movie history for Dyas, who had first-hand experience of how sci-fi cinema can affect our daily lives. “I used to be product designer for Sony, and I know for a fact that in the real world, they draw a lot of inspiration from science fiction films,” he said. “We used to sit there at Sony in Japan, wondering how we could create this camera that we saw in Blade Runner. There really is a responsibility.”

By contrast, costume designer Jany Temime (Gravity, Children of Men) wanted to keep Passengers’ garments rooted as much in the here and now as possible. “I told Morton straightaway, if he would have said to me, ‘I want them all dressed up in a little green suit with little ears,’ I would have said, ‘I’m not doing it,’” she said, sitting at her desk, surrounded by racks of clean, understated apparel in pleasant, muted hues. Her attraction to the recent surge in prestige science fiction — or, as the French-born Temime says it, “seeance-fi” — has never been about far-fetched gadgetry or otherworldly design. “What I find so extremely interesting in all those films is that they don’t touch the science-fi for the kick of it,” she said. “They touch the science-fi for all the psychological and philosophical problems which develop with the progress of science. It’s the same in Interstellar, it’s the same in Gravity. It’s about people. It will always be about people. Because human nature won’t change, and that’s what I find so interesting. And that’s also the reason why I didn’t want to dress them in a green suit with little ears.”
The care prestige sci-fi projects take with the emotional inner lives of their characters, meanwhile, has proven irresistible to top-tier talent. “It’s such a character driven film,” Tyldum said of Passengers. “It’s the humanity of the story that actually appeals to me more than the sci-fi.”

His star wholeheartedly agreed. “I wouldn’t just sign up for a movie just because it was in space,” Pratt told BuzzFeed News between takes on the Passengers set. “In fact, I was offered a bunch of movies that were in space after Guardians of the Galaxy, and I turned them down. This one I did because I knew it would work, whether it was in space, or on a cruise ship, or in a Volkswagen, you know?”

In turn, the commitment from A-list stars and acclaimed filmmakers to making these films, matched with their trailer-friendly visual scope, becomes an offer studios cannot refuse. “They can’t market a brand with a movie like Interstellar or Gravity, but they can market the filmmakers, and the cast,” said Heisserer. “They can market that experience.”
“When you go to the movies, you expect the movie to create a world that you can immerse yourself in, that you can step into. Sci-fi is a beautiful way of doing that,” said Tyldum. “I think that’s how movies will survive.”

Last edited by sunworshipper; 11-11-2016 at 11:18 PM
Old 11-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Cry (View Post)
seems like a bargain cinema sized?
Yeah, double sided. 27x40. I got the Joy one also too from there. Same kind also.

Love how all the promo is picking up for this!

More BTS pics.

Even in the suit.

So should be expect a new trailer with Billy Lynn's long halftime walk next Friday? I imagine they will. Since the prom is picking up like crazy.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 11-12-2016, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

i am off the scales super-excited for this film!!!!
Old 11-12-2016, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunworshipper (View Post)
Great article.
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 11-12-2016, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
Must be pre-VFX.
I know

I'm guessing that article mentions Arrival too?
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Closed Thread   Post New Thread