Old 08-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

In Anna Karenina

source

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 08-31-2013, 12:10 AM
Moderator Manager

I keep forgetting he was in that movie. I still have to watch my copy.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-31-2013, 04:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Lindsay, how many unwatched copies do you actually have at home?
Old 08-31-2013, 08:49 PM
Moderator Manager

A LOT. I have them all downloaded but I just don't have the time to watch them.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Banned

Oh I didn't knew he was in the movie.
I have to pay more attention when I'll watch it again.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Total Fan

I didn't know it either... Plus I haven't even seen the movie yet, is it worth watching?
Old 09-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Banned

I like it: Keira Knightley is great on the movie and the others roles too (Jude Law and Matthew MacFadyen especially).
Old 09-05-2013, 02:07 AM
Moderator Manager

Finally watched it a few days ago, it was great, worth a watch. I love how it was told and Keira was brilliant. I however don't like stories about being unfaithful so I was iffy watching it. Thomas only has one scene but with a speaking line.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:05 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a million miles (View Post)
Welcome to the 1st
William Mason | Thomas Howes
Appreciation thread!

Supporters:

1. Guinevereღ
2. L i N d $ @ y
3. eleonor
4. Goldenrose

William Mason

William was one of the footmen at Downton. He one day would’ve liked to be the butler of the house, and was very careful not to get of Carson’s bad side because of this. William had a crush on Daisy but she seemed to only have eyes for Thomas and made some very rude remarks to William. That was until Thomas made her lie about some stolen wine from the cabinet. She then apologized to William and he began to believe that Daisy had started to have feelings for him as well. At the end of Season 1 Thomas’s mother fell ill and died, William was the last to know about her sickness and was informed about it by Lady Mary. When Thomas made some choicest remarks about his mother William finally gave Thomas what he had coming to him, a punch in the face. In season 2 William desperately wanted to join the army to fight for the country but his father refused him to since he was all his father had left. He argued to Daisy about how unfair it was that he couldn’t enlist and Daisy kissed him to make him feel better which William then assumed meant that they were now together. Soon William gets drafted and got sent off to training. When he arrived back from training William proposed to Daisy who agreed because she was afraid that if she told him the truth about not having feelings for him, she’d get him killed. When at the front Matthew and William stumbled upon some German soldiers and then were declared missing in action for some time but then found their way home soon after. At the Battle of the Amiens William through himself in front of a land mine for Matthew leaving both men severely injured. Matthew survived but William sustained too much internal damage and ended up dying, but not before he got his final wish, and married Daisy.

Thomas Howes

Thomas Howes is born in 1986 in Doncaster, Yorkshire. He trained at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.He is best known for having played the role of William, the second footman in ITV’s Downton Abbey, and played the role of Manchester United’s captain Mark Jones in the 2011 TV film of the Munich air disaster, United. He also has performed on the stage in the roles of Dickie in The Winslow Boy (The Theatre Royal, Bath) and Scripps in The History Boys (The UK tour of the National Theatre), and on radio in the role of Joseph Prado in Tulips in Winter. He also played the role of Little Ralf in the BBC’s ChuckleVision series The Mystery of Little-Under-Standing.

Is it too late to be added? Please count me in!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:44 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Welcome I'll add you now.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 06-15-2014, 07:08 AM
New Fan

This may sound weird, but has anyone ever thought...or wondered about William's age (and related stuff)?

A. His age at the start of series 1
B. Who among the Crawley daughters is of the same age as he? (Just curious)
C. (Note: am trying not to think of Sophie McShera at this point, since she's way older than the character of Daisy yet manages to look so young--I do have a feeling she's older than Thomas Howes) I'm pretty sure William is older than Daisy (okay, just a weird feeling). Roughly, what do you guess is the age diff (not that it really matters, it's just fun to think about)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
Welcome I'll add you now.
Thank you! <3

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 06-16-2014 at 12:55 AM Reason: double post :)
Old 06-16-2014, 02:03 AM
Moderator Manager

Welcome to the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveby10eighty3 (View Post)
This may sound weird, but has anyone ever thought...or wondered about William's age (and related stuff)?

A. His age at the start of series 1
B. Who among the Crawley daughters is of the same age as he? (Just curious)
C. (Note: am trying not to think of Sophie McShera at this point, since she's way older than the character of Daisy yet manages to look so young--I do have a feeling she's older than Thomas Howes) I'm pretty sure William is older than Daisy (okay, just a weird feeling). Roughly, what do you guess is the age diff (not that it really matters, it's just fun to think about)?
These are all based on what I assume and are not actual:

A. Not really sure but I reckon older (a bit) than Daisy is who I'm assuming is 16 y.o.
B. I'm guessing Sybil but he's still younger.
C. Age difference probably a year or two.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:17 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Welcome to the thread!

These are all based on what I assume and are not actual:

A. Not really sure but I reckon older (a bit) than Daisy is who I'm assuming is 16 y.o.
B. I'm guessing Sybil but he's still younger.
C. Age difference probably a year or two.
Thanks! just thought that it was interesting to think about.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Moderator Manager

You're welcome. I hadn't thought about it plus it was something to talk about on the thread too.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:13 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
You're welcome. I hadn't thought about it plus it was something to talk about on the thread too.
Yeah, and I've also wondered about one thing. Why did the Dowager Countess insist on having William come back to Downton apart from the reason we already watched in the telly or on the DVD? She seemed really fond of him. Made me wonder if it was all there is to it.