Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-29-2014, 04:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I've often wondered what could have been had William survived.
Same here!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:44 PM
Moderator Manager

I think Daisy will do a Robert Crawley: Robert didn't love Cora when he married her but that changed in time.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think Daisy will do a Robert Crawley: Robert didn't love Cora when he married her but that changed in time.
I think it would have been a great storyline if William unexpectedly survived his injuries after he and Daisy were married. It would have been interesting to see how Daisy handled it. It would have been sweet if she actually came to love William as much as he loved her. I would have found that much more entertaining than Daisy falling in love with a different guy every season.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Moderator Manager

Poor Daisy though. She liked Alfred very much but he wasn't that much into him. William loved Daisy but she didn't love him as much as he loved her. She can't catch a break.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:58 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Posthumous realisation? Probably. Maybe it's just me, but I do see the beginnings of it in the Series 2 Christmas special.

I've always thought that Daisy loves William more than she'd ever realise or admit. And it just sucked that the whole "will you marry me" thing happened during the war, and so, the poor girl hardly had time to process things. If William had survived, I think it would have worked out. Their relationship would have been a slow burn. Daisy would have been able to show how she cares--or loves William--if she was only given the time.

Quote:
Do you think that Daisy eventually came to like William because she was also pushed by Mrs. Patmore (meaning outside forces made her realize) or because she did like him even if she can't admit it herself?
Yay! Someone here who feels the same! I do think that Daisy does like him--probably even love him--even if she won't--or can't admit it.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 06-01-2014 at 05:45 AM Reason: Double post :)
Old 06-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Moderator Manager

I agree that it will be a slow burn and that if William survived, it will work. I'm just glad that at least Daisy keeps in touch with Mr. Mason and is in fact a proper heiress now that she owns a farm. She can actually leave Downton and manage that if she wants to.