Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Moderator Manager

She lost to Monica Dolan. But there's always next year.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh that's too bad!!! Good luck next time, but at least she already has an Emmy!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

I will collect lots of hate saying that, but I don't think she deserved the award more than the rest. She's Maggie Smith of course, and she did a superb job!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Moderator Manager

I think she deserves it. But then again, I don't watch the other shows so I can't tell if they're good or not and in particular Monica who beat Maggie.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

I don't know who Monica Dolan is,but she must have been pretty good for beating Maggie oh well,Maggie has plenty of time to win something else

RoseBennett
Old 05-31-2012, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Downton Abbey Appreciation Life
Old 05-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

'Downton Abbey' star Maggie Smith to be feted by Stratford festival | Entertainment | Medicine Hat News

I'm about six hours from the Stratford Festival. I might go check it out just for this!

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 06-01-2012, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm closer! I'm only 40 mins! Stratford is my hometown! My parents were fortunate enough to see her perform on the Stratford stage before I was born. Ugh I want to go to this gala so much! Wish the ceremony was IN Stratford. Then I'd have a fighting chance. But since its in Toronto, there's no way common folk could get tickets.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:21 AM
Master Fan

Maggie Smith to star at Stratford Festival... - Toronto.com

This one with pictures above and more details on the gala (Sept 10 at the Four Seaasons in Yorkville, ON)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
I'm closer! I'm only 40 mins! Stratford is my hometown! My parents were fortunate enough to see her perform on the Stratford stage before I was born. Ugh I want to go to this gala so much! Wish the ceremony was IN Stratford. Then I'd have a fighting chance. But since its in Toronto, there's no way common folk could get tickets.
How neat that you're only 40 mins away. You must be a fellow Ontarian. I went to the University of Waterloo which was about an hour away. Where are you at?

Now that we know it's at the Four Seasons in Yorkville, you're right that there's no way common folk would get in.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

I'd like to post my new DA video here as well,since my favourite part(near the end) is Violet's part
Downton Abbey - A Mamma Mia Crossover!!! - YouTube

RoseBennett
Old 06-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)

How neat that you're only 40 mins away. You must be a fellow Ontarian. I went to the University of Waterloo which was about an hour away. Where are you at?

Now that we know it's at the Four Seasons in Yorkville, you're right that there's no way common folk would get in.

I'm IN Waterloo! And Waterloo is only 40 mins from Stratford. Trust me, I drive it almost every week.

My brother works for the TIFF company so I'm going to ask him if the public can get tickets and if they can how much they would be. Probably out of my price range but I'd like to know regardless.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for posting the article. Very happy for Maggie and that she'll also be attending TIFF. Which means more new pics and vids soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I'd like to post my new DA video here as well,since my favourite part(near the end) is Violet's part
Downton Abbey - A Mamma Mia Crossover!!! - YouTube
Thanks for sharing!

Old 06-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
I'm IN Waterloo! And Waterloo is only 40 mins from Stratford. Trust me, I drive it almost every week.

My brother works for the TIFF company so I'm going to ask him if the public can get tickets and if they can how much they would be. Probably out of my price range but I'd like to know regardless.
How cool that you're in Waterloo! When I went to UW, I always lived near enough to the campus to bike or walk to class. I've only been back once since I graduated. The things I remember most outside of campus was Oktoberfest in K-W, the Kitchener Farmer's Market and how King Street managed to have a N, S, E, and W there.

Would love to know if the public can get tickets to Maggie's gala, so please let us know. Too bad it's on a Monday night. Not sure I'd have the time to go because I'd have to take a couple of days off. Shame I don't live in TO because I'd camp outside just to get a glimpse. Waterloo is only 1h40 away from TO. Just saying.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Going to the Farmer's Market this morning actually.

Yeah its too bad its on a monday. I have to work too so even with the possibility of it being open to the public to purchase tickets I might not be able to go regardless. But hey, if she's this close to Stratford, it stands to reason that she might even drop by her old stomping grounds and attend a show or two!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Did anyone see that article saying Maggie wanted Rebecca Eaton off the S3 credits for calling her "difficult"?

I don't believe it. Why would she even care about RE being on the credits?