Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-15-2014, 09:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Congrats to the cast & crew of The Imitation Game for winning People's Choice Award at TIFF!
Thanks Lindsay, big congrats to them all, I'm sure it'll be the first of many.

The movie will be opening the BFI London Film Festival in October, hopefully lots of coverage to come, The Imitation Game will open the 58th BFI London Film Festival | BFI
Old 09-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for posting that link! I don't even know if we'll get the film here but I hope to get my copy soon because I really want to see this.

Allen on the cover of Jon Magazine (sorry, I don't know what month it is).

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Thanks for posting that link! I don't even know if we'll get the film here but I hope to get my copy soon because I really want to see this.

Allen on the cover of Jon Magazine (sorry, I don't know what month it is).

http://38.media.tumblr.com/89cc84ee4...pfn3o1_500.jpg

Great cover pic of Allen, he's got such a cute smile. thanks hun. xxx

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 09-16-2014 at 10:42 PM Reason: Editing as we can't quote pics :)
Old 09-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Moderator Manager

I love his smile too, what a great cover.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 09-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

I love his smile too. I haven't watched Season 4 yet. I will get to it.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
Love that poster for the movie, thanks.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lf/...os_3665200.jpg

I don't know how do the link thing to make the picture show on here.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:51 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)
http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lf/...os_3665200.jpg

I don't know how do the link thing to make the picture show on here.
Click this: and then copy & paste the URL link of the pic you want posted.

=========================

I really liked Tom in this S5 premiere and loved his moments with Sybbie. I'm not a huge fan of Sarah but I reckon since time has passed that at least they'd have gotten closer? It was odd that it took Robert/Cora's anniversary for Sarah to get invited. And he's gotten good at hunting too.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Really enjoyed Tom in the first episode back. He's still so frustrated and uncomfortable to be his true self around others but now that Sarah is in the picture it looks like that bright spark is coming back! It really did look like he wanted to say more to Robert but once again chickened out. Can't wait to see next week's fireworks!

Rose trying to match him up with Sarah was cute. I'm glad to see what I see too when he's around Sarah. And when he and Isobel defended Sarah's opinion at the dinner against Robert I thought that was great. God forbid people have different opinions and voice them out loud! Heavens!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I still don't like Sarah
Old 09-22-2014, 09:30 PM
Moderator Manager

"Oh, stay and see them."
"Just as soon as they’re able to answer back."
"Sybbie can answer back.” (x)

Old 09-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked the first episode and I loved Tom's storyline in it. I was intrigued about how much interaction Tom had with Rose and about all the smiles and looks that passed between them. After series 4 I was completely convinced that Tom/Rose is never going to happen, but after this episode I'm not so sure any more.

Rose was in almost every scene with Tom, did someone else notice? She told him he has a right of his own life, that he is "brilliant" etc etc.

Sarah Bunting started being a little bit better in her first scene. She was wearing no hat for a change and looked very smart in her little blue suit. But then when she came to the dinner? Urgh! I go with Robert she is just "such a cow"!

Even though she IS right in her views and even though she is progressive and modern, she just has NO tact or consideration for the feelings of others. Prejudiced and agressive without reason. How unfeeling can you be, talking about a memorial being "waste of money", when she's sitting at a table with men who actually fought in the war and saw their camerades - who are going to be honoured with such a memorial - die? Even if you feel the war was wrong (which it was), there is a place to talk and there is a place to be silent out of respect for the other people around.

Robert isn't much better though. Of course he is rude, too. The only well mannered person in this argument was Tom, who apologized even though he had the least fault in it!

No, I'm still sure Sarah Bunting is only there to pull Tom's storyline along. I will give her credit that she stirrs something of Tom's old political fire and that - when she leaves - she will leave Tom with a renewed spine. But I have no doubt that she WILL leave.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:20 AM
Moderator Manager

Sometimes I'm wondering if Sarah's character was purposely written that way?

Not yet on-board with Tom/Rose but it is expected that by this time they should be closer.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorra (View Post)

No, I'm still sure Sarah Bunting is only there to pull Tom's storyline along. I will give her credit that she stirrs something of Tom's old political fire and that - when she leaves - she will leave Tom with a renewed spine. But I have no doubt that she WILL leave.
I must agree with you. Sarah brings so much to the show for Tom, the Political dimension, family dynamics: Robert and Granny don't like her. Any 'romance' between T&S will not sit well with the Lord, or Violet at least. They're kind of protective of him. Didn't Robert say something about Sarah to Cora about being surprised that Tom wouldn't have chosen someone more suitable, or better? I can't recall the exact line. Perhaps I'm reading too much into the words but it almost sounds like Robert is appealing to Cora to help find someone 'more suitable' for Tom? But, at the end of the day, or season, or sooner, I hope she goes.