Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Supreme Fan

They were a really interesting duo . I forgot why O'Brien started plotting against Thomas, sabotaging Jimmy against him ... and getting Thomas to think Jimmy felt the same way he did. Then she twisted the knife.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 11-17-2013, 10:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Admittedly, I welcomed the fallout in S3 but it dragged on for so long and it looked like they weren't gonna be friends anymore that I wished they didn't have a fallout anymore. I can't recall but I think it has something to do with Alfred & Jimmy? I will have to re-watch the whole of S3 again at some point. (Might skip 3x05 though)

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned

Thomas gave bad advice to Alfred so O'Brien wanted revenge and told to Thomas that Jimmy liked him. Then during the night Thomas has gone seeing and kissing Jimmy and Alfred has seen everything.
Morality: never, really never being the O'Brien's ennemie!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Supreme Fan

It's surprising she played that card though - I mean she really cut deep, didn't she? Thomas's sexuality was an open secret in the household. Robert knew about it and even made the comment that he was aware of other gay gentleman that he knew - If I screamed blue murder everytime somebody tried to kiss me at Eton, I'd have gone hoarse in a month.

What's interesting is that Thomas never used his own trump card ("Her ladyship's soap") until Bates himself said that they would need something to get O'Brien to back off, just to protect Thomas's chance at a livelihood. Thomas could've ruined O'Brien thoroughly and, in addition, earned her the full wrath of the household when it was revealed that she caused the slip/fall that brought on the miscarriage.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 11-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks Enora. All I vaguely remembered was the part that Thomas kissed Jimmy and a plethora of reactions (both good & bad) from that ep too, LOL.

The thing was, perhaps everyone knew about Thomas' sexuality but no one spoke of it (and downstairs, Daisy was clueless) because it was illegal. I think O'Brien's objective was to cut Thomas deep by exposing this secret which is really unfair because it hurt Thomas.

Also, if Siobhan was leaving the show, then I would've preferred Thomas telling Cora about what O'Brien did in the S1 finale so she'd get fired. Her leaving in the middle of the night was kind of a downer for me (in regards to the character's exit).

Old 11-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Banned

I love the fact Thomas never used what he knows about O'Brien to hurted her, this shows that finally he's no as bad as we think.
But I agree with you Lindsay I would liked to see Thomas talking to Cora about the soap and the baby.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Supreme Fan

She should've been told what happened .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 11-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Thanks Enora. All I vaguely remembered was the part that Thomas kissed Jimmy and a plethora of reactions (both good & bad) from that ep too, LOL.

The thing was, perhaps everyone knew about Thomas' sexuality but no one spoke of it (and downstairs, Daisy was clueless) because it was illegal. I think O'Brien's objective was to cut Thomas deep by exposing this secret which is really unfair because it hurt Thomas.

Also, if Siobhan was leaving the show, then I would've preferred Thomas telling Cora about what O'Brien did in the S1 finale so she'd get fired. Her leaving in the middle of the night was kind of a downer for me (in regards to the character's exit).
Well said, ITA

As for the the part where you mentioned you vaguely remembered Thomas/Jimmy's kiss- I actually have a very good recollection of that moment I mean I can still play it in my mind
I love how it started with Thomas sort of lurking outside Jimmy's room while Jimmy undressed. Call me 'romantic' but I still feel as though the whole Thomas/Jimmy thing is not just a 'shipping' I believe there's still something there and when Jimmy kept trying to hit on Ivy and kept talking about meeting a nice girl in the village it was just him trying to be someone he's not...
I still hope for more Jimmy/Thomas in the CS. That would be a cute holiday treat
Old 11-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm wondering if they'll leave it as a bromance ... since Thomas doesn't really have too many friends. He had O'Brien, and she left.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 11-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Moderator Manager

If Jimmy is scared to come out (if he's gay) then I hope for something in the CS. If he's not, I can see it as a bromance thing which I'm fine with too.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Moderator Manager

x

Vid here.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Does anybody know how the female servants would have dealt with their menstruation? Would they have used pads with "suspenders" to keep them on, or would they have fashioned tampons out of old cloth or cotton? Would they have found tampons more convenient since they would stay in during their constant running and walking all over the house, or would they have shunned tampons for fear that they "wouldn't be virgins" anymore and would never attract a future husband?
Old 06-16-2014, 02:12 AM
Moderator Manager

I know they already have menstrual pads (even disposable ones) back then but not as effective or good as what we have now. This question is best to be tackled here.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Not sure where to post this since we still don't have a Baxter/Molesley thread and I'm not sure how many are going to post there so I'll just post this here.

x

Old 11-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Moderator Manager

This is funny but informative (sort of).

x